Justin Bieber, Kerry Washington, Drake, Richard Gere Among 40 Stars Added to ‘Hand in Hand’ Telethon Lineup

From DeNiro to Drake: 'Hand in

Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief,” which is set to broadcast live and commercial-free on Sept. 12 on multiple networks, including ABC, CBS, FOX, HBO, and Bravo, and live-stream via Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, has added more than 40 celebrity supporters to the event’s lineup, along with underwriters the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, which contributed $5 million, and Verizon, which contributed $2.5 million to the telethon as well as providing more than 2,000 call center volunteers.

Confirmed participants now include (in alphabetical order): Anthony Anderson, Bun B, J Balvin, Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Connie Britton, George Clooney, Andy Cohen, Stephen Colbert, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Terry Crews, Billy Crystal, Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Drake, Hilary Duff, Jourdan Dunn, Jamie Foxx, Richard Gere, Tom Hanks, Marcia Gay Harden, Faith Hill, Kate Hudson, Dwayne Johnson, Joe Jonas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Nicole Kidman, Karlie Kloss, , Matt Lauer, Jay Leno, Zion & Lennox, Jared Leto, Eva Longoria, Rob Lowe, Matthew McConaughey, Tim McGraw, Tracy Morgan, Norah O’Donnell, Gerardo Ortiz, Chris Paul, Tyler Perry, Dennis Quaid, Questlove, Jeremy Renner, Julia Roberts, Kelly Rowland, Adam Sandler, Ryan Seacrest, Blake Shelton, David Spade, Gwen Stefani, Michael Strahan, George Strait, Barbra Streisand, Sofia Vergara, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson, Oprah Winfrey, Rita Wilson and Reese Witherspoon. More are expected to be announced in the coming days.

“Hand in Hand,” whose organizers include music manager Scooter Braun (Bieber, Ariana Grande) and rapper Bun B, aims to provide expanded relief efforts to those who may be affected by the approaching Hurricane Irma in addition to those already impacted by Hurricane Harvey, which ripped through southern Texas between Aug. 25 and Sept. 2. Locations for the event include New York (Times Square), Los Angeles (Universal Studios), Nashville (Grand Ole Opry House), and San Antonio (Majestic Theatre).

The Hand in Hand broadcast will be produced by SB Projects and Den of Thieves with Scooter Braun, Bernard ‘Bun B’ Freeman, Allison Kaye, Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager serving as Executive Producers. Additional Executive Producers are Chris Choun, and Lee Lodge with Jordan Brown, Penni Thow and Barb Bialkowski serving as Co-Executive Producers.

For more information, updates and to donate, head over to www.HandInHand2017.com.

Marketplace

1. Louisr says:

Did the stars in the hand and hand show donate 1 million each from their own money ?

2. Sandra Foy says:

I am so ashamed of these comments I am reading. Yes these celebrities have a lot of money and mansions etc. But that is not what this is all about, it was done for the people who have been devastated by such tragic loss from the recent storms. many lost everything they had some lost family and loved ones, pets their jobs… EVERYTHING we all hold dear. Well I will tell you something, I am proud to say I was one of those “agents” that took calls for this program. I was not able to watch the celebrities because I was very busy taking in countless calls from some FANTASTIC people who were brought together by this event to selflessly give what ever they could, when many themselves had suffered. My thanks to every one of those people and to the people who promoted this program so we could offer whatever assistance we could. Did any of these people complaining call in and send a donation? If you can’t will you go to assist in cleanup or rebuild or just continue to complain. Myself I am proud of what was accomplished in so short a time by so many compassionate people and I Thank them all.

3. The REAL Pj. says:

Wow I am stunned by the first 8 comments being so negative. I for one really appreciate and understand the enormity of pulling off an event like this on such short notice and I am duly impressed by the organizers and everyone who is taking part. I donated and will do so again next pay check. I will also donate to the Red Cross and Salvation Army. Love and big thanks to everyone who is doing what they can to help.

4. I donated via phone and didn’t get to speak to a “Star”. It was an “agent” who took my info. Drats

5. Believe me… them over paid celebrities get paid to do this.. and they are not going to give up there money….it all a joke.. and Justin Bieber praying on TV give me a break like he is a Christian really and makes me sick I’m not watching any show on all them dried up overpaid celebrities are telling us give your money won’t they give their millions of dollars all of them have millions look up their Net
      worth it’ll tell you how much their worth it’s a joke… and who care what they say most of them are on drugs and alcoholics live in mansions have too many cars too much materialistic things they’re the ones that should donate…

• dina dorsi says:

i agree with you delores,they are over-paid old has beens asking the little people for money lol.if each actor,athlete,big organizations gave a few million these hurricane victims would be ok.but instead they get to keep all their millions and what they give is a tax right off.i am done with these scumbags

6. Ellie says:

Big red flag is that celebrities appearing in the telethon are not standing up to disclose their personal (and sacrificial) pledge/gift to the effort.

7. Crystal Cox says:

The basketball league is matching donations from the players. Many have donated $20,000.crystal

8. Pj says:

It would be great if we could hear about “celebrity donation matching” where they compete their billions amongst THEMSELVES & not try to bleed common folk. Never hear about them donating ANYTHING. OH! My bad! Justin Bieber doesn’t have to donate. He needs ALL his money for court costs, so he can be free, and continue to be an a****** against Humanity. Then he dares show up for a “benefit” concert?? Joke.

9. Bob Roberts says:

i hope the expenses are donated by the venues. If not its a rip off!

10. Theresa Powers says:

They’ll do anything to avoid donating their personal wealth to the the Harvey victims.

More Music News from Variety