Poll: Which ‘Dark Universe’ Movie Are You Most Excited For?

Which 'Dark Universe' Movie Are You
Universal Pictures

With “The Mummy,” starring Tom Cruise and Sofia Boutella, releasing this weekend, Universal is officially kicking off its “Dark Universe.”

Though reviews for “The Mummy” have been unfavorable and box office tracking is far from through the roof, the studio hasn’t said it will slow down on its planned monster universe. The films will mine from Universal’s vault of monsters — Dracula, Frankenstein, Invisible Man, etc. — and reboot them for movies in the next few years.

Related

Universal’s ‘Bride of Frankenstein’ to Open February 2019 as Part of Studio’s ‘Dark Universe’

Aside from “The Mummy,” “Bride of Frankenstein” is the only planned movie to be dated thus far, to be released on Feb. 14, 2019. “The Invisible Man” and “Frankenstein” have already nabbed stars in Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem, respectively. Angelina Jolie has been linked to the lead role in “Bride of Frankenstein,” but has yet to officially sign on. A new musical theme for the “Dark Universe,” composed by Danny Elfman, will debut in theaters ahead of “The Mummy.”

Which movie are you most looking forward to? Can you hardly wait to see Bardem as Frankenstein, or are you more curious to see a new take on the Creature From the Black Lagoon? Or something else entirely?  Weigh in below!

1. Bryan says:

As the Mummy sucked serious ass, none of the upcoming films will entice me. Hollywood refuses to do faithful versions of Stoners Dracula and Shellys Frankenstein.

2. Kasseo says:

LoL, they gonna have to Hollywood the shit out of Hunchback of Notre Dame. A cripple isn’t exactly what most people understand under “entertaining and totally not depressing & uneasy to watch”

3. sgchandler says:

I’m in if they include Count Chocola and Frankenberry

4. cn says:

If they get Angelina for Bride of Frankenstein, I’m in.

5. khale says:

where is the “shoot me” option. because if the mummy is anything to go by then i would happily take the sweet release of death, thank you very much.

6. Wlee says:

Wolfman, Vampire, Mummy and then Mummy, Frankenstein, Wolfman. Hey Hollywood and Dark Universe if your going to raid old Hollywood movies to try and make new Hollywood movies why not change it up a bit? Russell Crowe take on Dr. JEKYLL was interesting in The Mummy movie. Even better however, does anyone there remember The Creature from The Black Lagoon movies? Done in the same style as an episode of X-Files episode on this type monster would be horrifying scary. You could possibly name the movie “Black River”?

7. J Dewster says:

As an old movie fan of monster movies lets hope they can keep the story interesting and true have some cliff hangers. Tell the story. Keep in mind the old school movie tricks yet bring in new exciting technology to enhance and make people want to go to movies again. People are smart. The mummy used way too many action scenes. People want to be frightened and hide their eyes yet the need to peek to see what will happen next. I miss those kind of movies. Scare me again. No guts and gore. The original exocist scared me to death! The music and the possibility this might happen to someone. Now thats a dark universe.

8. The Mummy says:

I just watch it last night. So great

9. Brad Dukes says:

Can I say I’m looking forward to all!!!! I just watched The Mummy last night & am already making plans to see it again this week.

10. vignesh says:

I’m waiting to watch van helsing Hugh jackman

11. bella4evr3 says:

Just saw the new Mummy – it didn’t have Brenden Frasier in it, although Tom Cruise isn’t bad. He played his character well – the CGI was on point and I loved the romance aspect of it. If I was a pro I would give it 4 and a half stars just because others didn’t enjoy it doesn’t mean I did, because I thought it was outstanding. Also can’t wait for Dracula (any vampire movie is good to me) and can’t wait for Bride (Angelina is amazing in whatever she does).

12. Mmm says:

“None of the above” should have been there, but “Bride…” if Angelina is on it

13. Truth says:

I will see AngelinA in anything.

14. Ken says:

Not interested in any of the upcoming Universal monster retreads. The originals were – and remain – entertaining enough for me.

15. crossie says:

Coco

16. jedi77 says:

Forgot None of the above.

And, I suspect, you also forgot the “Sponsored content” notice, bacuse this has got to be a poll made by Universal. Why on earth would Variety, of its own accord, produce such a stupid and pointless poll?

17. John Nonymous says:

“Stay Home and Enjoy Watching This Stupid Shared Universe Tank” by a landslide

18. Jason says:

definitely “None oF the Above”. Enough of this ‘expanded universe crap… besides, TV already has had a good go at these Victorian horror characters with PENNY DREADFUL.

19. Johnny Depp Fan says:

The Invisible Man.

20. Dias says:

I want to watch Bride of Frankenstein only if it’s starring Angelina Jolie

21. DebG says:

You forgot “None of the above” in your poll. That’s the one I’d go with.

22. JIMjones says:

I will not be seeing any of this crap