Get ready to binge-watch some classic ’80s and ’90s television: All episodes of “Roseanne,” “3rd Rock From the Sun,” and four other Carsey-Werner TV shows from the era will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video starting this month.
The six shows — which include “A Different World,” “Cybill,” “Grace Under Fire,” and “Grounded for Life” — come via FilmRise, which licensed distribution rights to the TV series from Carsey-Werner Productions. FilmRise is making them available on Prime Video through the Amazon Video Direct self-service program for studios, distributors and content creators, under which rights holders receive per-hour royalty fees. The batch of six sitcoms is FilmRise’s biggest distribution deal with Amazon Video Direct to date.
The sitcoms will roll out on Amazon throughout August, available to members of the Prime program ($99 per year in the U.S.) as well as the standalone Prime Video subscription plan.
The shows coming this month to Prime Video under the FilmRise pact are:
- “Roseanne” (9 seasons): Starring Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Michael Fishman, and Sara Gilbert
- “3rd Rock From the Sun” (6 seasons): Starring John Lithgow, Kristen Johnston, French Stewart, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- “A Different World” (6 seasons): Starring Lisa Bonet, Kadeem Hardison, Jasmine Guy, and Darryl M. Bell
- “Grace Under Fire” (5 seasons): Starring Brett Butler, Casey Sander, Dave Thomas, and Julie White
- “Cybill” (4 seasons): Starring Cybill Shepherd, Christine Baranski, and Alicia Witt
- “Grounded for Life” (5 seasons): Starring Donal Logue, Megyn Price, and Kevin Corrigan