‘Unforgettable’ Cancelled by A&E After Season 4

Unforgettable cancelled
Courtesy of A&E

A&E has cancelled Poppy Montgomery drama series “Unforgettable,” Variety has confirmed.

The show wrapped its fourth season in January and A&E has declined to order Season 5. Rumor has it production company Sony Pictures Television may once again try to find an alternative home for the drama, which has returned from cancellation twice before.

“Unforgettable” began on CBS before being cancelled after its freshman season. After Sony TV began shopping the series around to other networks, CBS reversed its decision and renewed the procedural for a second season, then a third, which aired on the Eye’s summer schedule before the network eventually pulled the plug on the show following Season 3 in fall 2014. In February 2015, A&E announced it had picked up the series for a fourth season of 13 episodes, which premiered last November.

The series followed NYPD Detective Carrie Wells (Montgomery), who has a rare memory condition, hyperthymesia, which she utilizes to solve some of New York’s most dangerous crimes. Although at times her gift can be a struggle, her memory has been imperative in helping her and partner Al Burns (Dylan Walsh) maintain a 100% clearance rate on a staggering number of criminal cases.

News of the cancellation was first reported by Variety sister site Deadline.

1. gabby says:

What is wrong with A&E this was the best TV show every i cant believe how they left it. Bring back Unforgettable. PLEASE

2. Zahra says:

Truely dissapointed in the cancelation of Unforgettable. Hate that we dindn’t see who killed her sister and the dramatic last scene of Al Burns. If it was the last episode couldn’t they make it a happy ending

3. Paula says:

I am disappointed about the cancelation. I love this program and Poppy Montgomery. Please bring it back! !!!!

4. Martha Jones says:

I hate it that you canceled unforgettable. I loved that show. The t.v. companies need to cancel those survivor shows and reality shows. That are horrible.

5. Kelly says:

One of my favorite shows. I can’t believe that it doesn’t have more of a following! I hope another network will pick it up! I need to know if Al is dead or not!!

6. Ronnie says:

Am really disappointed. It was one of my favourite shows. Sorry to hear.

7. Diana Cox says:

I am sooo disappointed that A&E and cancelled one of our favorite shows. Please find another station to carry it and we’ll be there.

8. Gail Hohenstreet says:

My husband and I LOVED “Longmire” which A&E cancelled and now “Unforgettable” has been cancelled?!?! Why are they getting rid of such good shows?

9. C says:

There is no good shows anymore on A & E its all reruns… just like lifetime channel. I quit watching that channel and I guess I quit watching A&E now. Good luck

10. C says:

You need to stop cancelling good shows Unforgettable was a damn good show y’all suck major.. no wonder people dont watch A&E they cancel good shows and keep the stupid shows.. get a grip you piss people off .. everyone needs to stop watching this channel.. I hope Netflix picks this up like they did Longmire …

11. Chris@CA says:

OMG – again???? This is a great show with a great cast! Maybe the network should have promoted it more if they didn’t see the ratings they wanted. What’s wrong with A&E executives? Ugh!!

12. angelina says:

UGH!!!! I so hope someone picks up the show!!!!! :(

13. Jeff says:

Amazing awesome premise for a show – I encourage any outlet to pick this one up!!! Please please please!!

14. Leisa says:

Please any outlet pick up “Unforgettable”!!! Fabulous show!

15. cadavra says:

Yeah, that was pretty obvious when they burned off the last four episodes as an all-night marathon. Still, sorry to see it go.