‘The Bachelor’ Season 20: Ben Higgins’ Winner Revealed (SPOILERS)

The Bachelor winner
Courtesy of ABC

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read ahead, if you have not watched the Season 20 finale of “The Bachelor.” The following post reveals the winner chosen by Ben Higgins.

Another season of “The Bachelor” has come and gone.

Following perhaps the most dramatic lead-up to a finale for the long-running ABC dating show, suitor Ben Higgins, one of the franchise’s most beloved bachelors, finally chose his leading lady.

The two finalists were JoJo Fletcher — the 24-year-old real estate developer from Dallas, Texas — and Lauren Bushnell — the 25-year-old blonde flight attendant who resides in Marina Del Rey, California.

The big decision came after Higgins had told both women “I love you” in the weeks before — something that had never been said twice on “The Bachelor.” During the “Women Tell All” special one week prior, a sneak peek clip was shown in which Higgins tells one of the finalists that he’s in love with two women and doesn’t know who to propose to.

In the end, Higgins ended up proposing to Lauren Bushnell on the Monday night finale, meaning Bushnell is the Season 20 winner.

Sound off below: Who were you rooting for — JoJo or Lauren B? Do you think “The Bachelor” couple will last?

1. Angel valenzuela says:

I think he should have chosen Jojo because it is in her that Ben feels “safe”… It means she embraces the good side and bad side of Ben.

2. Luandra says:

I think he should have chosen jojo because of the connection the 2 had from the beginning of the season

3. Sally Atwater says:

All I know is now I want to go to SANDALS RESORTS!!!!

4. karen says:

for those who don’t want to spend 150 for cable you can hook up a basic antenna to your tv and watch all the regular networks (this show was on a regular network channel). then use netflix and hulu for added entertainment. just letting you know. and of course he caves for the blonde. big surprise..not

5. Barb Lutz says:

Ben is very immature to have to go to his parents to get their pick and that is what he did b/c he wasn’t man enough to pick the woman himself and it won’t last.I hope it doesn’t

• Ben comes from a very close family – an only child. It was very wise for him to get their opinion. Many times, people in love, don’t see what a person is really like. The Bushnells are a good family, too and will love Ben. Whereas the other gal had problems with the older brothers – not the greatest guys – I am so happy that he did not chose that family. He got the best. And a Christian family as a bonus.

Thanks for getting these 2 together.

6. Jo Ann says:

Ben messed up. JoJo was the one that put Ben in his safe zone as his mother stated. But he went and picked the fly away girl. Do I think it will last? Yes until the real her comes out, or until the plane crashes.

7. Pamela White says:

I, too, wish JoJo had won. I thought she and Ben made a great match. But from what I’ve read, JoJo wasn’t that into Ben anyway, so I guess it all turned out the way she wanted it. I will be watching the Bachlorette and look forward to JoJo finding the man of her dreams. BTW, I watch the Bachelor on hulu.com, a day after it shows on TV, so this article did spoil the ending for me. But, no biggie. I pay $7.99 for hulu an dit’s about $150 for cable, so I guess I win anyway!

8. Gabrielle says:

I wish that Jojo would have won. I really thought that Ben was going to pick her. They really seemed to have a true connection. But I think that Jojo deserves someone better if he couldn’t see how amazing she is. I am just happy that she is going to be the new bachelorette. I think she’ll really find someone amazing there.

9. Richie says:

Ben seems immature the way he acted towards all the women this season. JoJo Fletcher is lucky to not have to deal with it! She will find a “real” good guy.

10. 1favored says:

Before even reading the spoiler, I figured out who the guy would pick and I did not see one episode the entire season

11. The real winner is the one that Ben Higgins did not pick!! He is a boy toy. I prefer real men!! Ben took the Barbie. What does this saw about this salesman?? JoJo was intelligent and successful. He was threatened by her success. A builder in Dallas TX vs a Barbie who passes out peanuts on an airplane! Go figure!

12. Dunstan says:

I’m sure this new “engagement” will be as long-lasting and timeless as almost all of the other “relationships” to come out of this pathetic show. :D

• mac says:

Two of the most dynamic young women ever to appear on the Bachelor.

• Mac….may I ask what you saw as dynamic about Lauren? I found her to be very shallow. To confirm my observation just watch her on Jimmy Kimmel tonight! My observations are confirmed!!

• On Jimmy Kimmel Barbie Lauren remarks that Ben is a very heavy loud mouth breather when he sleeps! Is the 4 month honeymoon over? He says that he is an early riser and she sleeps til 10 am!! Hello….might need a long, long engagement!

13. Jo Ann says:

We don’t need crap like this posted. Go away.