Sarah Palin’s Oldest Son Arrested on Domestic Assault Charges

Sarah Palin son arrested
Courtesy of TLC

Sarah Palin’s oldest son, Track Palin, was arrested on domestic violence charges on Monday night.

Palin was charged with fourth-degree assault, interfering with the report of a domestic violence crime and possessing a weapon while intoxicated, which are all misdemeanors, according to the Associated Press. Both Palin and his girlfriend called 911 in connection with the incident at his family’s household in Wasilla, Alaska.

The girlfriend told authorities that she was punched in the face near her left eye and kicked in the knee. Track allegedly then threatened to shoot himself with an AR-15 assault rifle, cocking the weapon and asking his girlfriend, “Do you think I’m a p—y?” and “Do you think I won’t do it?” documents said.

Police said a breathalyzer test showed that Palin had a blood alcohol level of 0.189.

The charges were filed Tuesday, the same day Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, endorsed Donald Trump’s presidency. Palin was released from prison on Tuesday after posting $1,500 bail.

Attorney John Tiemessen said in an email to the AP that the family is asking for privacy “as Track receives the help that he and many of our returning veterans need.” Palin served a year with the Army in Iraq.

He appeared on his family’s short-lived TLC reality show “Sarah Palin’s Alaska.”

1. DDRC says:

This family is unbelievable. I find it hard to believe that there are still people out there thinking that Sara Palin is some kind of a brain. Every time she speaks she sounds like a fool and there are people out there believing her bull s___t! Now she’s going to be on hand to show a movie of some sort showing that the high temp around the world is not made by humans. Is she that nuts. Lord please help this women and her followers. They need all the help in the world.

2. Cotton says:

What a publicity & moral whore.
    A Grandchild out of wedlock, a son in jail/ prison,and a lost election.
    What a nightmare you have made for yourself and your party…
    This former runner-up has the audacity to preach to everyone else how she has overcome in the name of Jesus, yet her family values show through…..
    This is/was Presidential material?
    Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel/Bible…
    I can see Russia- from a place you never went to…
    We are to trust her opinion as to what’s right & correct in the World?
    I know this won’t get posted, but WOW at the audacity of her comments…

3. windgully says:

How about someone mentioning the fact that her son would have been arrested earlier for drugs and drunkenness if he didn’t join the service. Forgot, that is Obama’s fault. I read that in a couple of articles years ago. Was hushed up when his mom was on the ticket.

4. Arezoo says:

She better take care of her screwed up family

5. Guy says:

The Palin family is real, even though it seems they are on a white trash reality show. It’s sadly strange to see a leading presidential candidate praising the maternal parent of this CONSERVATIVE PATRIOTIC CHRISTIAN family where 2 grandkids are born from a daughter with no husband, where the family has been involved in a drunken brawl at a party and now a son gets arrested for violence against a woman.
    Please tell me how Sarah Palin/Trump spin this. It’s gotta be Obama’s fault I presume?

6. If Sarah's son was Black, there would be an unflattering mugshot accompanying the story says:

Where is the criminal’s MUGSHOT ? Why is there a wholesome, family scene?

RACISM at it’s finest………..

7. Bill B. says:

What a family. I heard that Trump is not ruling Palin out as his VP choice, though he is not that stupid to not know that this woman, who might get him some crazy teabagger votes, is nothing but problematic baggage. A trigger happy drunk son. A daughter who can’t keep her pants up and has some of the biggest double standards that I’ve heard of in quite a while, the family brawls and then there is Mom, John McCain’s Frankenstein, only less intelligent.

8. Philip says:

Wow. $1,500 bail? This guy was drunk with an assault weapon, attacked his girlfriend and that’s the amount of his bail. I live in Los Angeles, where the authorities set my bail at $50,000 after I called my girlfriend’s father and gave him a piece of my mind. I was charged with Felony criminal threats via telephone. There was no proof whatsoever. And this privileged little P****y gets released for $150?

I had to put $5,000 on my credit card to get released. What a crock. Shoot’s, man – if I was black I would have been dead by now. Stay strong everybody. And don’t let the bastards grind you down!

9. Casual Reader says:

The Palins — still keepin’ it klassy.

10. hornacek says:

Hmm, this explains the timing of her Trump endorsement announcement.

11. Jacene says:

Funny….we don’t see you posting an “Important Report” about the THOUSANDS of TOP SECRET Emails Hillary Clinton made available to “Enemy Computer Hackers,” that exposed our TOP SECRET Programs, Agents & On-Going Espionage Tactics against our ENEMIES.

But hey….thanks for the useless update.

• GG says:

Where have you been? We’ve heard about Hillary’s emails for the past year now. She testified on them remember????? Don’t try to blame Hillary for the Palin family’s lack of the same moral values that they try to force upon everyone else.

• hornacek says:

Because Variety is an entertainment website. Why would you expect something about Hillary Clinton’s emails being posted here?

What a stupid comment.