‘Dirty Jobs’ Star Mike Rowe Explains Why Donald Trump Won

Mike Rowe Donald Trump win
Mary Altaffer/AP/REX/Shutterstock

Actor Mike Rowe knows exactly why Donald Trump won the presidency.

The former “Dirty Jobs” host wrote a Facebook post comparing Trump’s election night win to his Discovery Channel series, noting the authenticity of both Trump and the now-defunct reality show.

“But here’s the thing – ‘Dirty Jobs’ didn’t resonate because the host was incredibly charming. It wasn’t a hit because it was gross, or irreverent, or funny, or silly, or smart, or terribly clever. ‘Dirty Jobs’ succeeded because it was authentic,” Rowe wrote. “It spoke directly and candidly to a big chunk of the country that non-fiction networks had been completely ignoring. In a very simple way, ‘Dirty Jobs’ said ‘Hey — we can see you,’ to millions of regular people who had started to feel invisible. Ultimately, that’s why ‘Dirty Jobs’ ran for eight seasons. And today, that’s also why Donald Trump is the President of the United States.”

Related

Lena Dunham Breaks Silence on Trump’s Victory: I Never ‘Believed He Could Win’

“Who tosses away a friendship over an election? Are my friends turning into those mind-numbingly arrogant celebrities who threaten to move to another country if their candidate doesn’t win?,” the actor wrote. “Are my friends now convinced that people they’ve known for years who happen to disagree with them politically are not merely mistaken — but evil, and no longer worthy of their friendship?”

The post ended with Rowe making an offer to Trump.

“When the dust settles, and The White House gets a new tenant, I’ll make the same offer to President Trump that I did to President Obama — to assist as best I can in any attempt to reinvigorate the skilled trades, and shine a light on millions of good jobs that no one seems excited about pursuing,” he said.

1. Brenda Kelley says:

President Trump WON the election because Trump is Trump and not going to take any crap from ANYBODY and it is about time we have a person in there like that. I am waiting to see how much he gets that Trillion dollar debt down tho. Thanks for your time

2. Go Mike Rowe! I saw your interview with Tucker Carlson, and it really resonated with me! I’m writing every politician that supposed to represent me at the country, state and federal level to support your ideas!

3. Jood says:

LOL! Nooo, most of us DON’T have fancy cars, trainers or fancy homes, but Trump does, and just what is it that leads you to believe that he gives a flying fig about us?! Because he SAYS so? Wise up. He knows what to say to the uneducated. Period. Wait and see. You DO know that he stiffed all kinds of tradesmen who did work for him, right? Google it.

I agree with you on one issue, though…GOOOOO TRUMP…AND KEEP GOING!!!

4. Kathleen Whipple says:

You’ve hit the nail on the head Mike. I knew I you were a real persons person. I love your show and all your episodes. Hope your show continues for many more years. This country needs to shed light on the jobs people forget about. Jobs that have been portrayed as “dirty”, but in a different sense. To many people don’t want to get their hands dirty or don’t want to break a sweat these days. College educated people look down on everyday jobs and the people who do them. But they forget that without those people, their everyday lives wouldn’t be so easy. Those jobs and the people who do them, are what this country is about, was its made of and how it came to be. If this country stays on the track it has been on, it’s going to destroy itself. I say if people want to leave go, we don’t need you here. If you think life would be better somewhere else. Just don’t come back.most celebrities have lost touch with reality. They don’t think their “POO” stinks. They have forgotten what most of the people in this country try and live on every year. Most of us don’t make millions of dollars every year. We don’t have trainers and drivers or fancy homes. Drive fancy cars. So much to say, not enough space to do so. One final thing to say, “GO TRUMP GO!” I wish I could talk one on one to Donald Trump. That would be one of the greatest moments in my life. I have something extremely important that he needs to hear and to look into. It would help thousands of people. Just if I got the chance to speak to him in person. Keep up the good work Mike. Love ya and your crew!

5. Winston Smith says:

Mr. Rowe is a disappointment, I had thought a seemingly intelligent person such as he would be able to see the obvious buffoonery and narcissism that embodies a person like trump.

6. jtango says:

Trump is the farthest thing from ‘authentic’…every time he opens his mouth he has a different story. And what in the world has he ever done to make anyone believe that he’s out to help the working person? He truly is like a nine year-old with ADHD. He has no impulse control, no knowledge of world affairs, the attention span of a fruitfly and if Republicans don’t wise up and work to get this big orange buffoon out of the White House, they’ll lose the respect of about 2/3 of the country.

7. Matty says:

It’s sad, but I just lost any respect I had for Mike Rowe. I believe in his heartfelt commitment to resurgence of training in trades such as electrician, plumbing, and the like, but his defense of Trump’s bad behavior and those of his followers is inexcusable.

From the story: Rowe went on to criticize the disunity the election results have caused, and discredited those who believe Trump supporters are “racist, xenophobic, and uneducated misogynists.”

This tells me that Rowe read *nothing* about Trump, read *none* of Trump’s own tweets, watched *none* of the video footage posted all over the Internet showing just how “racist,” “xenophobic,” and “uneducated” Trump supporters are. Perhaps he missed all the calls for Clinton’s arrest or execution, for the way Trump completely disrespected a Gold Star family because their son, who died serving the US, was Muslim. Instead, Rowe blames the people who have very real concerns about the state of democracy in this country after January 20, 2017.

From from being a “populist,” Trump is populating his cabinet with billionaires with one goal — to make themselves richer at the expense of the average American who *is* struggling. His chief adviser is a white supremacist who has the president-elect’s ear.

No, Mr. Rowe, Trump supporters are *everything* they’re accuse of being.

• What is this bad behavior thing, so you think the left breaking windows of people who are trying to make it in this world, and lighting cars on fire is a good thing, those are the people representing you. This is a good man with his own opinion, but you think he has no opinion because he disagree’s with you. When you give a good reason I will listen!

• Trump is surrounding himself with businessmen, money has nothing to do with it, they know how to run a business make money for the country to pay off the debt we are in. It really upsets me that I’m called all these names by all the left. You have no idea who I am, for eight years we sat by waiting for things to get better, the only thing that got better was I was working 2 jobs to pay for other people to stay at home and not even apply for jobs. Don’t say that is not true, we all know that is true. Parents have been so busy with their careers that they forgot about raising their children. I train in the young people of this country and they were told go to college, when you get out you can makes lots of money. But they find out that they are in over their head in debt and over educated to work at a lower paying job. So they don’t work at all. They only last 2 weeks tops and then they quit

• lakawak says:

You are EXACTLY what he was mocking as being a useless human being. He doesn’t care that you lost respect for him. Nobody cares in any way about you. Nobody will EVER care about your life or be happy you are alive at all. Including yourself. You should probably get used to this feeling., The world has passed you by and our life will be one long disappointment from her until the day you can’t take the loneliness any longer and end it all…FINALLY making your mom happy again.

It is HILARIOUS that you actually read his comment and didn’t se just how bad your comment would make YOU look.

8. Gina martino says:

I think that was nicely said. The news media needs to give it up and move on from this. It is they who are causing this divide.
    I didnt vote for Obama but he is the president and I respect him.

God bless America!

• jtango says:

You blame the media for what that buffoon says?! He’s hanging himself everytime he opens his mouth. He’s a national disgrace and I think he’ll be in deep kimchi when the results of the investigation to his Russian connection comes to light.

9. Mateo says:

This guy seems pretty delusional and self-centered…I mean, OBVIOUSLY the election was just like this guy’s reality TV show! 😐

• lakawak says:

He didn’t say it was. But that is OK. We you know you have no credibility of anyone that cares about you…I can see why you would post comments that would make you look stupid. You have no place to go down any more than you already are.