Melissa McCarthy-Ben Falcone Comedy ‘Nobodies’ Gets TV Land Pilot Order

melissa mccarthy ben falcone fox
Courtesy of Jim Smeal/BEI/REX Shutterstock

TV Land has given a pilot order to “Nobodies,” the project exec produced by Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone that centers on what it’s like to be the friends of more-established Hollywood names.

Originally titled “Friends With Melissa,” the project is starring, exec produced and written by fellow Groundlings alums Hugh Davidson, Larry Dorf and Rachel Ramras (“Mike Tyson Mysteries”). Inspired by their real life, the trio will play themselves — struggling creatives who are trying desperately to land one of their famous friends for a feature script that they’ve developed so that they, too, can rise to fame in Hollywood.

McCarthy and Falcone are exec producing through their On the Day shingle. He is directing and will appear in the pilot. Should the pilot go to series, she will appear in future episodes.

“Hugh, Larry and Rachel tell stories that are so funny, you honestly can’t believe they’re true,” said Keith Cox, TV Land’s exec VP of development and original programming, who made the announcement at the channel’s Television Critics Association press day in Pasadena, Calif. “It’s their unique take on exactly what it’s like toiling away in Hollywood – and it is that unfiltered comedy that we’re looking for.”

Other projects on TV Land’s development slate include the pilot “I Shudder,” starring Hamish Linklater and Megan Hilty, and an untitled project inspired by the life of “Real Housewives” star Kyle Richards that hails from John Wells, John Riggi and Warner Horizon Television.

It was also announced at TCA that TV Land was giving another season to the Sutton Foster series “Younger.”

1. TJ says:

Wow! Okay, apparently I am out of sorts!! The “Nobodies” TV shows first series was LAST YEAR, 2016!!
    WTH! UGH, I GIVE UP!

• TJ says:

Okay you won’t believe this, I JUST SEEN THE PRPREVIEW AS I SPEAK! Second season starts March 29, 2017…next month.
      What a fool I am. I hope you all enjoy my idiocy!! Lol. Hey at least I can admit it an laugh it away. Since I can’t DELETED ANYTHING ON HERE!!
      ;) :) :)

2. TJ says:

FYI, my last comment was based on one source. Another source states something totally different as far as the “Mike & Molly” show. So which is it?!?!

3. TJ says:

People, SHE made the decision to leave “Mike & Molly” cause she was making the movie “Tammy” at the time and wanted to advance in her movie and producing career. It had nothing to do with the producers or the ratings of “Mike & Molly.”
    This TV show she’s exec producing and should the pilot go to series, she will appear in future episodes…as the article states.
    The show was picked up by TV Land and the first series will have 12, or 14 episodes, I can’t remember exactly.
    What I’d like to know is when is it going to start? It was suppose to start in January, but they changed it.
    I watch TV Land all the time and so far haven’t heard or seen anything about it as of yet. I’ll dig further online, but if anyone knows and if possible could provide a link it would be greatly appreciated!

4. imustseemovie.com says:

So shes leaving Mike and Molly for tvland Mike and Molly is fresh and funny nothing like it on tv they should reconsider

• lmbaldwin says:

She said she was shocked that Mike and Molly was cancelled and she would have stayed for another 50 years, she loves it so much. :( I do too!!!

• cadavra says:

She’s not leaving of her own volition. CBS cancelled the show. Given how well her movie career’s going, I’m actually surprised she staying with TV for now.