‘Lucifer’ Grabs Full-Season Renewal From Fox

tom ellis lucifer
Courtesy of Fox

Here’s some news appropriate for Halloween: Fox has given a full-season pickup to its sophomore drama “Lucifer.”

The Monday 9 p.m. drama from Warner Bros. TV has been a modest performer in live ratings but draws a respectable crowd with double-digit gains in Nielsen’s L3 and L7 delayed-viewing stats. To date, the show is averaging a 2.0 demo rating in adults 18-49 and about 6.6 million viewers in L7. Fox said the show is up to 8 million viewers for the season to date on average when all multiplatform viewing is factored in.

The DC Comics-inspired drama stars Tom Ellis as a bored Lord of Hell who decides to move to Los Angeles and team with a female cop (played by Lauren German) to take down criminals. “Lucifer” airs as the companion to fellow DC Comics property “Gotham.”

Fox’s back-nine order brings the show’s total episode tally for season two to 22.

“ ‘Lucifer’ continues to deliver, with great blasts of dark humor and ambitious storytelling. The show has turned out to be a true wicked pleasure, the perfect companion to ‘Gotham,’ and we couldn’t be more pleased to order these nine additional episodes,” said Fox entertainment president David Madden.

Bruckheimer TV’s Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman are exec producers with showrunner Joe Henderson, Ildy Modrovich and director Len Wiseman.

1. Think It Through says:

I just read that “Gotham” and “Lucifer” are now on hiatus until April 24,2017. They came back from holiday hiatus with two episodes each and now disappear for three straight months. FOX you are jerking my chain too much and too often.

2. M.Weeks says:

I love this show! Tom Ellis is the perfect “saturnine” looking actor for the part. His singing is not too bad either. I hope the show gets renewed. Can’t wait to watch it each week.

3. loco73 says:

Since “Lucifer” is the only other network TV series I watch besides “Supernatural”, I’m actually glad at the news. While the show is not groundbreaking by any stretch of the imagination, it does have one very strong asset…and that is Tom Ellis…the man just oozes charisma plus he is just fan to watch! I really hope he gets to work on other projects because he is excellent! Lesley-Ann Brandt (from “Spartacus” on Starz) and Rachel Harris are also two great cast members, as well as Kevin Alejandro (Detective Douche), D.B. Woodside(Amenadiel). Laura Germain is OK, but the real fun newcomers are Tricia Helfer as Mama Morningstar…and Aimee Garcia as the coolest CSI tech on network TV…LOL

Will definitely continue to watch…

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Good news. Supergirl, Lucifer, and Timeless make my Mondays. Now with Supergirl and Lucifer having 22 episodes this season, hopefully Timeless will get 22 episodes too.

4. SAB says:

Get it out of that fookin’ police procedural claptrap! Why does EVERY show have to be a police procedural?? Makes no sense…

5. Nanny Mo says:

Lucifer here was miles better in Miranda. I’m rather bored with the old plot about Lucifer being cool but misunderstand. My experience with him is that he’s actually a schizophrenic. That’s a dangerous friend or enemy to have. I do like good drama but am kinda bored with Hollywood. It’s a good thing there are stupid young people coming up so we have someone to sell our recycled trash stories too.

6. Ruth Deutsch says:

The DEVIL made them do it! I love “Lucifer”…(although I don’t care for his mom’s character all that much. Perhaps she can turn herself into something or someone else?)