TLC Greenlights Dating Series ‘Love at First Kiss’ from ‘The Bachelor’ Studio (EXCLUSIVE)

TLC Love at First Kiss
Courtesy of TLC

TLC has greenlit “Love at First Kiss,” a new dating series, Variety has learned exclusively.

Warner Horizon Television, the studio behind mega dating show “The Bachelor,” is producing “Love at First Kiss.”

Before landing at TLC, the project was initially set up at VH1, before the Viacom cabler passed on the series.

The series breaks singles’ boundaries by having them go beyond their comfort zones and kiss a total stranger, without introduction, to find out if one kiss can lead to everlasting love. If either of the pair feels a spark while lip-locked, he or she can head to a two-minute speed date, which could lead to date in the real world where all bets are off.

Each episode will introduce viewers to new singles — and some returning singles from previous episodes who didn’t find love the first time around — as they ditch the traditional ways of meeting someone and take the plunge with a complete stranger.

TLC has ordered eight episodes for the first season of “Love at First Kiss,” which  premieres Aug. 3 at 10 p.m.

Watch below for a sneak peak at “Love at First Kiss” on TLC:

1. Richard says:

I would love to prove to the beautiful nurse, August 31 show, salmon shirt, beautiful fitted jeans and high heals that there is an incredible, passionate, handsome, romantic one woman man for her! Me! How can I be introduced to her. Destiny at its best!

2. Kelly says:

This show is so cringey, uncomfortable, and gross at times, which makes it so very entertaining. My sister and I love watching it. There’s always a good laugh in every episode, and there’s always an “aww” moment. It’s weird, no doubt, but it’s different (which is good!) and the variety of people and their personalities really keeps the show engaging!

3. Britney says:

TLC has by far been my favrioute network. But when I came across this show I found it to be so stupid. Such a stupid concept. When I saw the previews I was eating some ice cream and puked all that out because don’t I see 2 people eating each others face off. TLC needs to cancel this show because let me tell you ratings will go down!

4. Ann says:

Okay, I have watched this show a couple of times out of curiousity and find it discusting. Why do all of these people have to chew on one another and everyone talks about ‘tongue’. Can’t they just share a ‘nice’ kiss without all the chewing and literally ‘sucking face’, especially on the first meeting…save it for the bedroom, after marriage,of course.

5. Jennifer says:

Does anyone know how to get on this show??

6. Jasmin Nicole Guess says:

how would you go about wanting to be on the show?

7. Jenna Mccreight says:

Just wondering why love at first kiss is not on? Its say it premered on aug 3rd but tlc keeps showing toddler in tiaras. Im confused and have been waiting for this show to start.

8. Ronald Sellers says:

I think the show is a great idea. I”d like to try out for it.

9. Pamela K says:

What does a person have to do to appear on the show?

10. ya how do i enter and be on the show too :D :)

11. Stevi says:

How do I enter & be on the show?