Louis C.K. Compares Donald Trump to Hitler: ‘He’s an Insane Bigot’

Louis CK Oscars 2016
A.M.P.A.S/REX/Shutterstock

Louis C.K. is the latest public figure to criticize Donald Trump, calling him an “insane bigot” and comparing him to Adolf Hitler.

In a Saturday morning email blast announcing the sixth episode of his web series “Horace and Pete,” C.K. included a lengthy postscript urging readers not to vote for Trump.

“Please stop it with voting for Trump,” C.K. writes. “It was funny for a little while. But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the ’30s. Do you think they saw the sh-t coming? Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all.”

Later in the email, C.K. implores his conservative readers to vote for a different GOP candidate.

Related

George Clooney

George Clooney Calls Donald Trump ‘a Xenophobic Fascist’

“We shouldn’t have to vote for someone because they’re not a shocking c— billionaire liar,” C.K. writes. “We should choose based on what direction the country should go… If you are a true conservative. Don’t vote for Trump. He is not one of you. He is one of him. Everything you have heard him say that you liked, if you look hard enough you will see that he one day said the exact opposite. He is playing you.”

C.K. added, “Trump is not your best. He’s the worst of all of us. He’s a symptom to a problem that is very real. But don’t vote for your own cancer. You’re better than that.”

See the full postscript below:

P.S. Please stop it with voting for Trump. It was funny for a little while. But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s. Do you think they saw the shit coming? Hitler was just some hilarious and refreshing dude with a weird comb over who would say anything at all.

And I’m not advocating for Hillary or Bernie. I like them both but frankly I wish the next president was a conservative only because we had Obama for eight years and we need balance. And not because I particularly enjoy the conservative agenda. I just think the government should reflect the people. And we are about 40 percent conservative and 40 percent liberal. When I was growing up and when I was a younger man, liberals and conservatives were friends with differences. They weren’t enemies. And it always made sense that everyone gets a president they like for a while and then hates the president for a while. But it only works if the conservatives put up a good candidate. A good smart conservative to face the liberal candidate so they can have a good argument and the country can decide which way to go this time.

Trump is not that. He’s an insane bigot. He is dangerous.

He already said he would expand libel laws to sue anyone who “writes a negative hit piece” about him. He says “I would open up the libel laws so we can sue them and win lots of money. Not like now. These guys are totally protected.” He said that. He has promised to decimate the first amendment. (If you think he’s going to keep the second amendment intact you’re delusional.) And he said that Paul Ryan, speaker of the house will “pay” for criticizing him. So I’m saying this now because if he gets in there we won’t be able to criticize him anymore.
Please pick someone else. Like John Kasich. I mean that guy seems okay. I don’t like any of them myself but if you’re that kind of voter please go for a guy like that. It feels like between him and either democrat we’d have a decent choice. It feels like a healthier choice. We shouldn’t have to vote for someone because they’re not a shocking cunt billionaire liar.

We should choose based on what direction the country should go.

I get that all these people sound like bullshit soft criminal opportunists. The whole game feels rigged and it’s not going anywhere but down anymore. I feel that way sometimes.

Related

Louis C.K. Surprises Fans With ‘Horace and Pete’ Web Series Co-Starring Steve Buscemi

And that voting for Trump is a way of saying “fuck it. Fuck them all”. I really get it. It’s a version of national Suicide. Or it’s like a big hit off of a crack pipe. Somehow we can’t help it. Or we know that if we vote for Trump our phones will be a reliable source of dopamine for the next four years. I mean I can’t wait to read about Trump every day. It’s a rush. But you have to know this is not healthy.

In fact, if you do vote for Trump, at least look at him very carefully first. You owe that to the rest of us. Know and understand who he is. Spend one hour on google and just read it all. I don’t mean listen to me or listen to liberals who put him down. Listen to your own people. Listen to John Mccain. Go look at what he just said about Trump. “At a time when our world has never been more complex or more in danger… I want Republican voters to pay close attention to what our party’s most respected and knowledgeable leaders and national security experts are saying about Mr. Trump, and to think long and hard about who they want to be our next Commander-in-Chief and leader of the free world.”

When Trump was told what he said, Trump said “Oh, he did? Well, that’s not nice,” he told CBS News’ chief White House correspondent Major Garrett. “He has to be very careful.”
When pressed on why, Trump tacked on: “He’ll find out.”

(I cut and pasted that from CBS news)

Do you really want a guy to be president who threatens John McCain? Because John McCain cautiously and intelligently asked for people to be thoughtful before voting for him? He didn’t even insult Trump. He just asked you to take a good look. And Trump told him to look out.

Remember that Trump entered this race by saying that McCain is not a war hero. A guy who was shot down, body broken and kept in a POW camp for years. Trump said “I prefer the guys who don’t get caught.” Why did he say that? Not because he meant it or because it was important to say. He said it because he’s a bully and every bully knows that when you enter a new school yard, you go to the toughest most respected guy on the yard and you punch him in the nose. If you are still standing after, you’re the new boss. If Trump is president, he’s not going to change. He’s not going to do anything for you. He’s going to do everything for himself and leave you in the dust.

So please listen to fellow conservatives. But more importantly, listen to Trump. Listen to all of it. Everything he says. If you liked when he said that “torture works” then go look at where he took it back the next day. He’s a fucking liar.

A vote for Trump is so clearly a gut-vote, and again I get it. But add a little brain to it and look the guy up. Because if you vote for him because of how you feel right now, the minute he’s president, you’re going to regret it. You’re going to regret it even more when he gives the job to his son. Because American democracy is broken enough that a guy like that could really fuck things up. That’s how Hitler got there. He was voted into power by a fatigued nation and when he got inside, he did all his Hitler things and no one could stop him.

Related

donald trump

Google Chrome Filter Blocks Donald Trump From Your Internet

Again, I’m not saying vote democrat or vote for anyone else. If Hilary ends up president it should be because she faced the best person you have and you and I both chose her or him or whoever. Trump is not your best. He’s the worst of all of us. He’s a symptom to a problem that is very real. But don’t vote for your own cancer. You’re better than that.

That’s just my view. At least right now. I know I’m not qualified or particularly educated and I’m not right instead of you. I’m an idiot and I’m sure a bunch of you are very annoyed by this. Fucking celebrity with an opinion. I swear this isn’t really a political opinion. You don’t want to know my political opinions. (And I know that I’m only bringing myself trouble with this shit.) Trump has nothing to do with politics or ideology. He has to do with himself. And really I don’t mean to insult anyone. Except Trump. I mean to insult him very much. And really I’m not saying he’s evil or a monster. In fact I don’t think Hitler was. The problem with saying that guys like that are monsters is that we don’t see them coming when they turn out to be human, which they all are. Everyone is. Trump is a messed up guy with a hole in his heart that he tries to fill with money and attention. He can never ever have enough of either and he’ll never stop trying. He’s sick. Which makes him really really interesting. And he pulls you towards him which somehow feels good or fascinatingly bad. He’s not a monster. He’s a sad man. But all this makes him horribly dangerous if he becomes president. Give him another TV show. Let him pay to put his name on buildings. But please stop voting for him. And please watch Horace and Pete.

1. ambimind65 says:

If you want a “Trump You” t-shirt with him holding up his middle fingers expressing; “*uck You”. ambimind65@yahoo.co.

2. ambimind65 says:

Last week I mailed a Large T-shirt of the attached design to Stephen Colbert in NYC. Did he get it?

/Users/samuelinglese1/Desktop/Trump Stuff/Fingers.jpg/Users/samuelinglese1/Desktop/Trump Stuff/Trump Des. fist. copy.pdf

3. Susan says:

I continue to be impressed with Louis CK not only as an entertainer, but also an outstanding, intelligent, human being. I couldn’t agree more about this insightful article. Those who disagree do so because they lack foresight and knowledge about Trump’s particular brand of sociopathic behavior. Narcissists are charming and they suck you in to only even suck you dry. They are a bottomless pit of need, greed and lies to fill their bottomless pit. But if you have no experience dealing with a narcissist, you don’t know what to look for and get sucked into his web of lies and deceit.

4. Pat says:

How can you compare trump to Hitler no word from people like you to close Guantanamo bay for eg. free speech is essential as long as it does not incite violence !! Will Clinton inspire USA ???

5. Bob Kidwell says:

I find it impossible to rationalize that ANYONE who will probably support Killary would call ANYONE ELSE Hitler or Fascist or anything derogatory. Trump is an ass but he hasn’t spent his whole life whoring himself only to further his career. The career politicians have sold us down the toilet for their own gain. Killary is absolutely the most self-absorbed I’ve seen yet, besides the fact that she’s incapable of honesty, which is another trait I hate seeing in a president. I know all of society has lost its values so can’t we at least elect someone who might make us safer while we float down the drain? Trump will address illegal aliens and unvetted terrorists being allowed into the country. Killary will invite them all. It’s the Dem voter base. And IMO Putin won’t walk all over Trump like he already does the harpy.
    But back on point. Trump a fascist? Hahahahahaha Killary has made her whole life out of ‘Do what I say, not what I do”.

6. Kneidell says:

Trump is a communist. He’s a Putin’s shill who’s running for president of the US to make it a Russian colony. If you don’t believe me, watch THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE

7. William says:

I believe you are like Hilary supporter pulling the trick of accusing Trump of what she is guilty of.

8. Irwin Gralich says:

Louis CK is an untalented moron–and that is a compliment for him.

9. wesseid says:

“Cytherian says: “Spoken like a true xenophobe. Do you even know what the word means?
    There will always be some bad apples that come through immigration. But there are plenty of good ones that outweigh them.”

Cultural Genocide. Do you even know what that means? When it’s done to Tibet, it’s called cultural genocide. When it’s done to western countries, it’s called “diversity.” Keep your head in the sand about what’s happening in Europe if you want. The Dalai Lama agrees with me, btw.

You say plenty of good apples outweigh the bad ones. Great! The legal, lawful, good ones can immigrate legally and the illegal, lawbreaking, bad ones can stay out.

• jsm1963 says:

Comparing immigration to what’s happening with Tibet shows a horrible lapse of logic on your part.

• wesseid says:

Can’t be any worse than talking as if Trump is literally Hitler and comparing secure borders to nazi camps. Besides, the Dalai Lama agrees with me that there’s too many invaders, I mean “refugees” flooding into European countries right now that risk changing the country identity. You can disagree with the Dalai Lama if you want.

10. wesseid says:

“Cytherian says: “You’re parroting Right Wing disinformation and exaggeration. Hillary made a mistake with her email server, and played it down as unimportant. .. She’s lucky it wasn’t worse.

But this pales in comparison to the disingenuous business practices of Donald Trump. He is a liar and a ruthless opportunist. You believe all of his shit storm rhetoric? You’ve got no intellect to discern the trash from the treasure.”

You say Hillary made “a mistake.” She purposely made that “mistake” to avoid FOIA requests for her pay-for-play fake charity. She went out of her way to destroy any trace of “yoga” emails. The FBI called her actions extremely careless. She lied about it and said she short-circuited. An extremely careless short-circuiting crooked person shouldn’t be President in charge of nuclear codes.

Whether someone disagrees with Trump or not, it should be easy to tell he wants to put America and Americans first. Hillary talks about putting illegals and “refugees” first. Hillary has a history of bad decisions, foreign interventionism and war, banks pay her $225,000 for speeches she won’t talk about, and now Donald Trump has had more press conferences in Mexico than Hillary has had in the US.

11. wesseid says:

There’s a (true) joke that goes like this: “We Democrats promise in 2024 to run an anti-war, anti-lobbying, pro-worker candidate, but right now we gotta beat the Republican one.”

12. wesseid says:

“Thom said: The migrant crisis in Europe is, I am sad to say, a result of ill-considered US led Western intervention in the Middle East (beginning with, but not limited to, Bush’s foray into Iraq).

And as for censorship in Germany and Sweden, I would be interested to see examples.”

The government and media didn’t cover up the sexual attacks and rapes in Cologne? Do tell. And it’s interesting that you’re criticizing the “ill-considered US led Western intervention in the Middle East” when Hillary has a history of being for that intervention, including voting for the Iraq War. Louis C.K. praises John McCain about “security,” but McCain is one of those interventionists you are criticizing. Paul Wolfowitz was George Bush’s deputy secretary and pushed for the Iraq War and other intervention. Paul Wolfowitz said he’s voting for Hillary. Interventionists (of both parties) and supporters of the Military Industrial Complex are backing interventionist Hillary.

Trump called Bush a liar about Iraq. Trump criticizes wasteful military spending. Trump criticizes blank checks of money and lives to NATO. And then suddenly Democrats at the Democratic convention love wasteful military spending and the Hillary-supported Iraq War and NATO intervention. If you actually care about stopping ill-considered intervention and wars as you say, then you have to vote for non-interventionist candidate Donald Trump.

13. wesseid says:

“Thom says: I have no love of Hillary. However, she has pedigree. There can be a high degree of confidence, should she be elected president, that she will act within the constraints and mechanism of government, precident and law.”

Extremely Careless Crooked Hillary has “pedigree?” She doesn’t even act within the constraints and mechanism of government and law *now*. Hillary has been in government for a long time and should know better than anyone that she shouldn’t be doing what she’s been doing, putting national security at risk, etc. At the least, Trump is a roll of the dice. You’re guaranteed more lies and extremely careless short-circuiting crookedness from Hillary. The establishment bankers and swindlers and foreign interventionist warmongers of both parties want establishment Crooked Hillary.

• Thom says:

I understand your concern, but surely the question is: who will do the most good (or, perhaps, in the case, who will do the least bad)?

The real concern with Trump is that no one knows what he believes or what he might do. He continues to flip flop on every major issue, he has yet to put forward any policies of substance, and he has repeatedly proven himself to be intemperate. That should concern you.

The point Louis C.K. makes, however, is that Trump has openly declared that he has no respect for the machinery of government or law. That is a worry and, were Trump to follow that notion to its natural conclusion, it would leave him unaccountable.

Hillary may well be bad, but she will continue to be bad in predictable ways, moderated by law and the rule of law. Trump is unpredictable, disingenous (in that he cannot mean what he says, because his statements are oftentimes contradictory), and, ultimately, unstable. This, I think, is why Louis C.K. draws the analogy with Hitler. As an analogy, it is, in my view, quite apt.

• wesseid says:

Come on. Hillary and her billion-dollar fake “charity” are so crooked that no one even mentioned it during four days of the Democratic convention. And now more emails came out and we see how Hillary’s State Department staff and fake charity staff are basically interchangeable. Hillary puts her convenience above your and the country’s security. The FBI says Hillary is Extremely Careless, says she lied about her servers, about her devices, about her emails, and then Hillary continues to lie saying she turned over all her emails, and then when caught in lies says she “short-circuited,” etc. No extremely careless short-circuiting person should be anywhere near national secrets or nuclear codes.

Hillary has held top government positions for years. She has no excuse for her behavior. Hillary hired Debbie Wasserman one day after Wasserman resigned over the DNC rigging the election against Bernie. You talk about respect for the law. Crooked Hillary has zero respect for the law.

Here’s some Trump policy substance: putting Americans before illegal aliens. Putting veterans’ care before 100s of 1000s of military-age male “refugees” from countries that hate women and gays (at a cost of $400 Billion Dollars). Putting Americans’ jobs before the flood of imported workers who use up resources and welfare and drive down wages. Putting fair trade before unfair trade. Giving parents choice of where to send their kids to school. Not being a warmonger interventionist like Crooked Hillary and her history of bad foreign policy decisions and wars. Interventionist warmonger neocons back Hillary. Paul Wolfowitz (defense secretary under George Bush) backs the Iraq War, backs more interventionism, and backs Hillary.

Trump criticized Bush about Iraq, criticized NATO for not paying its fair share, and suddenly Democrats want to give blank checks of money and lives to the military and NATO. Louis C.K. praises John McCain and talks generically about “security” when McCain is guilty of the failed interventionist warmonger foreign policies of the past decades. That’s not “security.”

14. Ken McDowell says:

JUSTIN TRUDEAU who I happened to Vote for and gave money is no longer One I want to Support as has has no Guts and he allowed the useless Judiciary in Ontario to put off all charges until after election and now New Brunswick is being slanderized by Trump because of his illegal UNIVERSITY OF TRUMP CHARGES where is the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT STEP IN AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

• Cytherian says:

I can’t believe there are still people supporting Trump. He has exposed himself, revealing a man who really has no interest in helping others except himself. He is disingenuous. He is dangerous. Louis CK said it all really well and with genuine resolve.

There is no place for Trump in US politics. If there was, he’d have made inroads into the political arena serving in several roles before attempting the US presidency. He has no relevant experience. Anyone who thinks he’s looking out for you is seriously DELUDED.

15. Sandra swearingen says:

I think you are a nut the way you conconsider Donald Trump. I will vote for whom I think has the country’s best interest and it is not Hillary.

16. Evelyn says:

Omg. Perfect. Thank you ck

17. tony cumbo says:

Louis your wrong!! Clinton is a lier. And you think Trump is nuts. Your not working with to muct in your mine. Your not funny and very poor actor. You should be banded from working any where.

18. Douglas O Wickey says:

C.K….come on. You are a lib, you are in show business so you almost have to be. You are funny. But you are not a historian or a deep thinker, you don’t realize that any president has Congress to contend with. What have you done in your life? How are you kids turning out? It seems to me Trump has made his mark on the skyline of NYC. Not bad. What have you done? Made dick jokes and routines about being stoned? In the words of Frank Zappa, “Shut up and play your guitar”, or in your case, “Make me laugh, otherwise shut up”.

• Wow, Louis CK not a deep thinker? You my friend are uniformed, and un-observant. I’d say go back and watch any of his “louis” episodes and see if that changes your mind, but I highly doubt it would, by your own admission you like” dick jokes”. Have a nice day.

19. Well written article Louis you hit the nail on the head!

20. Eli Spivakovsky says:

Stop this ‘insanity’ bullshit. Hitler was not insane. Hitler was evil. The Nazis were not insane either, they were normal, very, very, very normal. The Holocaust was calculated and rational. Hitler hated insane people. Hitler murdered thousands of people in insane asylums. So if Hitler was insane then why did he hate the insane and murder them? I’ve been in a psychiatric Hospital, I know how people are treated in there – like objects. But every time someone evil is called insane, people blame people like me for that. Do you understand that? Because you can’t think of a more appropriate word and because you haven’t thought it through properly, people like me are compared to Hitler. And I’m Jewish so I think I get this a little better than you do. Go ahead and slur all the people in psychiatric hospitals to make your lousy point because that’s what you’re really doing. If you want to attack people in power, you can start with psychiatrists and how they ruin people’s lives by labeling people ‘insane’.

21. I have said all along that I believe Donald Trump is insane. Aside from his narcissistic, egotistical, draft dodging, lying bigotry, this man is not only insane, I believe he is a danger to himself and others. It is amazing to me that his family does not intervene and get help for this man before he does something dangerous to others and/or himself. He has said publicly that he carries a gun and that is also a concern, because I consider him to be an insane person who should NOT have a gun permit. If one listens to his stupid utterances, watch his demeanor, the way he contorts his face when he talks, the way he never speaks in a moderate tone but actually screams when he talks, the way he waves not only his hands but his entire body. And rest assured, if this man was anyone else out there, not wealthy or white, he would have been taken to a mental health facility ages ago. If Ben Carson (and I am not a fan of Carson) did the bizarre things that Trump has done and continues to do he would have been removed from the public environment and taken to a mental health facility. Trump’s family members seem to be oblivious that the antics of this man are more than alarming and need to get help for him before a disaster of his own making occurs. And when he made that assassination remark against Hillary Clinton, how long will this man be allowed to exhibit his insanity for the entire world to see.

• wesseid says:

And yet Trump is still better than Crooked Hillary who is Extremely Careless, lied about her emails, risked going to prison to delete “wedding” emails, is backed by the pro-war foreign interventionists of both parties, backed by bankers, lied for by the establishment media that doesn’t even hide their bias anymore, won’t release her bank speeches which must be really good to have been paid $225,000 for them while claiming she’s against big banks…

Has a huge “charity” that takes in millions from foreign countries in apparent exchange for political favors – a huge “charity” that for some reason NO ONE wanted to mention during the Democratic convention, probably because it’s as crooked as Hillary is. She’s too incompetent to use two email accounts on one phone, she uses her phone in unsecure areas after being told not to because her convenience trumps your national security, she “short circuits” and can’t remember things, and to top it all off she gave you and Bernie supporters the middle finger and hired crooked Debbie Wasserman who resigned as DNC chair after the leak about the DNC rigging the election for Hillary against Bernie Sanders.

And that’s all just from the past year or so. None of the bad things Trump has said or done come anywhere close to the bad and nation-destroying things Crooked Hillary has done.

• Cytherian says:

You’re parroting Right Wing disinformation and exaggeration. Hillary made a mistake with her email server, and played it down as unimportant. In the end, no critical emails were revealed that compromised the USA or anyone else. There were no grounds to sue. The FBI was just disgusted at the vulnerability. She’s lucky it wasn’t worse. BUT.. where was the US government IT administration? Where was the monitoring? The US government was just as at fault.

But this pales in comparison to the disingenuous business practices of Donald Trump. He is a liar and a ruthless opportunist. You believe all of his shit storm rhetoric? You’ve got no intellect to discern the trash from the treasure. There is no treasure with Trump. His gilded throne is plated in fool’s gold. Trump is a disaster… but worst of all, he has revealed an unsettling lack of integrity in a large portion of the American population. People like YOU.

• Thom says:

Trump has proved himself inconsistent (if not contradictory) across a range of issues including immigration, women’s health, defence, and race. This should give any right thinking person pause. How can you be confident what position he might take and what policies he might enact, when even he does not seem to know.

This is why many people believe him dangerous.

22. barney says:

trump is a coward and an ignoramus,…what more needs to be said.

23. Stephen D. Atwater says:

Trump has my vote. I love him and his great kids and wife. I do not agree on everything he says, but Mrs. Clinton is not the right one, in my opinion she is the one to be scared of.

24. leslie says:

so good….so true!!!!!!!!!

25. shelbiss says:

Louis CK, I Think You Nailed It. Please don’t regret what you said. You are speaking things that I am thinking and I am sure what others are thinking. Trump does not possess the qualities needed for POTUS.

26. Billy says:

Hi everyone. As a Brit I know it’s none of my business and I know we’ve got our own nutters over here but at least one of our nutters realised that he could’ve been one of the most powerful people in the world and bottled it (Dear old Boris). I, like Jim Jeffries, thought for a while that it could be fun, Donald in the White House and Boris at No10 but then reality kicked in. Don’t worry Louis, your people aren’t so stupid, they’ll realise before too long, especially if they do as you ask and research Mr Trump. As Billy Connolly once said “the desire to be a politician should automatically disqualify you from being one!” “Don’t vote, it only encourages them!”

All the best. Billy

27. Arnie says:

I guess Michelle Obama’s trips with 72 assistants makes a vote for Donald Trump sane. Think again, you’re a fucking idiot with a grammar school brain if that’s what makes you vote for this hateful narcissist who spews nothing but venom. The worst of every candidate who ever ran for president.

28. fuck you says:

The democrats with their racism and hate agenda against what the general public stands for
    are the true Nazis

• Bob says:

LMAO…yeah..it’s the democrats that have the racist hate filled agenda. I’m a Canadian with no stake in the election and no love for Trump, Clinton or either party so I have the luxury of not giving a shit. That being said I, the majority of the world and even the mentally challenged have quickly come to the inescapable conclusion that Trump supporters have to be the dumbest fucks on the planet. They are also the source of many a belly laugh for me lately and for that I thank them. I nearly peed myself laughing after reading your comment and for that I thank you……..Willful ignorance is probably the ultimate form of stupidity because it’s deliberate but sometimes, as with your post, the ignorance is so mind boggling stupid it’s hilarious…

• Douglas O Wickey says:

Well, Mister Canadian, if your CRTC will let you, check out “Hillary’s America” for a good review of what the Democrat Party really is. It may be hard for you to accept, but the filmmaker’s research and scholarship is sound. He made a few other movies that expose leftists. Give Trump a rest. Most of you who read this rag of a paper wouldn’t know a real racist or fascist if you tripped over one.

• wesseid says:

Democrats turn everything into a race issue. Every day, Democrats try to pass laws that treat races different from each other. Some of them say a black student shouldn’t be scolded for being late to school (“Colored People Time”) or disrupting the class because being on time and polite are “white traits” and that black people shouldn’t be held to the same standard.

It’s Democrats who protest presidential rallies and are violent bigots and shut down free speech and carry racist signs and surround a single woman and attack her with threats and eggs and sneak up behind Trump supporters and punch them in the face. It’s Democrat supporters who destroy police cars and chant “Pigs in a blanket, Fry ’em like bacon” and kill police officers. You probably think Brexit supporters are ignorant and racist too for wanting to take their country back from globalists.

29. Beautifully written heartfelt message. Whatever your party choice nominate a good man. The analogy to Hitler is spot on and exactly what I have also noticed. Hitler rallied his followers to hate a group he accused of infiltrating his country and taking their jobs. He appealed to their hatred and was successful using hate.

• Nearly every politician since Churchill has been called “Hitler” at some point. It’s a cliche. To call Trump “Hitler” is not only a profoundly ignorant statement, it also trivializes the Nazi regime and devalues the victims of the Holocaust.

30. Oh Please says:

Is Louis C.K. honestly this ignorant? I know Clooney is this dishonest. How can Trump be xenophobic when he constantly encourages LEGAL immigration? Why can these mindless celebrities not wrap their head around the concept of legal/illegal?

Was Hitler encouraging LEGAL immigration like Trump is? When was that? No sane country encourages illegal immigration. THAT’s suicide.

I think many conservatives are aware that Trump is more left than war starved Hillary. She’s more with the Koch brothers. People are just sick of the corrupt establishment worms like Kasich who say anything.

• Cytherian says:

You’re twisting the truth around.
      Trump wants to ban ALL MUSLIMS from entering the USA until “We know what is going on.” Some ambiguous excuse that has no detail, no time table, no thoughtful reasoning.
      Trump wants to deport ALL illegal immigrants with no discernment, no review. Just sweep ’em all out. Nothing about the quality of the person and how they’ve contributed. Rip apart families and hurt innocent people. No, there needs to be an INTELLIGENT solution, not a ham fisted impulsive punch.
      People like you do not understand the nuances of political discourse. Trump does not. He speaks from his visceral primal instincts not from carefully conceived and thoughtful arguments. He has NO TACT. He insults people left and right… what a train wreck he has left behind in this campaign. It is disgusting and disrespectful to the US presidency. People like you are NUMB to this… splash some ice water in your face and wake up. It’s time to stop deluding yourselves.

• jsm1963 says:

Both were campaigning on an irrational fear of immigrants or ethnic groups. In Hitler’s case he tapped into Germany’s antisemitism. For Trump it’s the Mexicans.

Immigrants are the least responsible for violent crime in this country and they’re not stealing jobs from us. Listening to Trump you would think the opposite was true. He’s appealing to Americans who think they can turn back the clock to a time when they didn’t see brown people.

• wesseid says:

There’s nothing irrational about it. Look at the protesters at Trump rallies. Aggressive, violent, destroying public property, throwing rocks at police, assaulting women, sucker punching men, burning the American flag, waving foreign flags, holding signs that say “Make America Mexico Again.”

Even worse than so many legal immigrants and illegal aliens that refuse to assimilate is that your tax money pays for medical care and education and welfare in various ways for them and their 10 kids. And this isn’t even talking about the “refugees” that Obama and Hillary want to fast-track in from countries where the mainstream culture treats women like dirt and makes it illegal to be gay.

• jsm1963 says:

Two years of vetting beyond the EU vetting is now fast-tracking?

• jsm1963 says:

Nope, no xenophobia to see here. Move along.

• William says:

Trump is not “irrationally afraid” of Mexicans. He employs a huge number of legal immigrants from Mexico.
        He is making the point that there is a big problem with ILLEGAL immigration. To deny that is to deny reality, as fools do.

• jsm1963 says:

You misread my statement. He’s tapping into others irrational fear of immigrants.

31. Jones says:

You’re right, Trump sure is.

32. Bob says:

This man is an ignorant Buffon

33. 12345 says:

“I do have mild racism. It’s the best I could do coming out of the ’70s, ’cause that was a very racist decade,”-Loue CK
    He went on to describe his mild racism as “benign” and “not aggressive” before giving examples like the initial surprise he’d feel if he went to a pizza place “run by four black women.”

“You don’t usually see that; four black women running a pizza place,” he said.

C.K. added how he feels better when seeking medical care from a Chinese or Indian doctor as opposed to someone from another ethnicity.

He went on to confess how he thinks a young white man wearing a hooded sweatshirt is “an athlete,” but seeing a young black man wearing one would make him question his safety.

“If he’s black, unless he has a big smile on his face, then I become mildly racist,” he said. “I think ‘that’s fine, everything’s fine, nothing’s going to happen. Of course I’m fine. Why did I even think that for a second?'”

He goes back to blaming his way of thinking on being born in the ’70s.He began by joking about casually telling children to stay away from the “child molester house” in his neighborhood.

“I know because he did something to me when I was your age,” he said, smiling.

C.K. described how the neighborhood child molester liked teenage boys, but “he didn’t like me.”

“Child molesters are very tenacious people. They love molesting childs, it’s crazy,” he quipped. “It’s like their favorite thing.”

The comedian joked that even after “considering the risks” of child molestation, “they still do it!”

“You can only really surmise that it must be really good,” he said with some audience members booing.

It didn’t stop him from comparing his love for Mounds candy bars to the way pedophiles feel about molesting young boys.
    These are some of this sick creep’s jokes…LCK is is disgusting pig and in no position to slander anyone. He is a racist, bigoted misogynist.

• Thom says:

Okay. I’ll play.

So Louis C.K. is a reprehensible man. How does that diminish his views on Trump.

A reprehensible comedian may do some damage. A sociopathic President…. Well, that is a whole different level of dangerous.

• dankpanzer says:

You don’t get comedy, my friend. These aren’t “statements”, or “his opinion”. It is AN ACT. He doesn’t give you his real opinions on things, only things that work as a joke and that’s all he ever discusses: his work. His private beliefs and opinions never were public and he expressly stated that he never will. Because they are private.
      Learn to bloody differentiate between a artistic body of work, the artist, the act and the actual damn person.

• Gezzer says:

Man, you don’t get CK do you? And that’s alright.

See the thing is his act is pretty much him just, just crossing the line, but in as inoffensive a way possible. It’s like a very friendly and innocuous “shock comedy”. The things he says are supposed to make you think as you laugh. In fact it’s very much how guys act when they’re just goofing around together. Trying to gross each other out by what they say. But he does it with a subtle message hidden in there. Yeah, it’s blatant manipulation and the man needs to be stopped.

For example, have you ever had a racist thought? Ever? Tell the truth. If nothing else I bet you’ve had one about “white” people, it’s in vogue to do that now. For many people all white males are the devil incarnate. Why? Well because, I guess. So CK decided to riff on mild racism, using examples that go against stereotypes to illustrate how everyone kind of does it, and how silly it is. I’m Canadian (sorry about that eh?) and I’ve never seen a pizza place run by Italians, ever. In fact if anything it’s Greeks. But the idea of Italians running pizza joints is so ingrained in our collective psyche, that that is the expected norm. And when we encounter something far removed from that norm like four black women, we pause a bit and then move on. That pause is “mild racism”, and if we don’t acknowledge it we’ll never be able to move past it.

Or how we “freak” out about pedophiles. Yes they’re sick, really sick people. But that’s the thing, they’re sick, have something that doesn’t work right and makes them see small children as sex objects. Not much different than people addicted to porn that objectify adults really. Well other than the fact that they screw up a kid for life. So as he riffs on pedophiles I start to realize how over the top he’s getting and see that maybe pedophles aren’t, even can’t be, the one dimensional monsters he’s suggesting and like we all seem to paint them to be. But just really sick sick people that need help. Fun fact, a large percentage of pedophiles were in fact molested as children, just thought I’d lay that out there.

IMHO his aim, like many comedians, is to just point things out in a funny way so you laugh. But in the process the subject matter he’s using becomes a bit more approachable, and by extension easier to deal with on an intellectual level. But with some, well actually many comedians you have to look past the “offensiveness” to really see what they’re trying to say as they make you laugh. I think it all boils down to one salient point. Just how very very silly the human race is. Oh BTW, I’d bet a 100$ that you don’t like Bill Burr either, or are a rabid Trump supporter which pretty much works out the same.

34. Malleus says:

Louis ck is very very very funny. His trump Hitler comparison is not. Trumps kids turned out to be successful well mannered ladies and gentleman. Let’s see how ck’s kids turn out and let history decide the rest.

• barney says:

you obviously haven’t seen the sick pictures of trump jr. holding aloft the tail of an elephant that he cut off after shooting it or the dead leopard he killed for rich guy’s sport have you…

• Incus says:

How can any of this possibly matter? Stop it with the excuses and look at the endless contradictions and hateful petty shit coming out of Trump – and please do it without constantly dissecting into parallels about raising children or other mind gymnastics.
      I could go on and on about the number of faults in logic every Trump supporter does, but please please please please just do what CK wanted you to do, read reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/

• jsm1963 says:

Successful? They all work for him. Don’t see them raising much of a stink when he refuses to pay contractors on a seemingly arbitrary basis, or the tactics of Trump University. I did see his son sit down for an interview with alt-right podcast a few months ago. Wonderful values there. Yes, let’s let history decide the rest.

35. Filomeno says:

As much as I like Louis C.K, and as much as I dislike Trump, I think this whole Trump is Hitler b.s is absurd.

36. Schnitzel says:

Wow…wow… wow… i read some of the comments, and now i’m really shocked. you guys are so unteachable.. louis is right with his comparison. And he even made the points out where trump is similar to our nobel leader of the 30’s and 40’s.

sincerely,

a german.

P.S. I’m in deep fear we all gonna pay for you voting for trump. The only difference is, and i dont want to go into details, your system is just fucked up, while the germans struggled with the contract of versailles. So please learn from our history, and don’t make this mistake happen, like louis said. Please guys!

• wesseid says:

A German is warning about leaders, while Germany’s current leader is not only destroying Germany but destroying Europe with the push for mass immigration of people who will refuse to assimilate. They will out-breed you and take over your country. And they will travel to other countries in the EU and do the same. Germany and others like Sweden goes out of their way to censor honest debate about such things.

Obama and Hillary have the same kind of immigration policy, and Hillary’s slush fund has taken “donations” of large sums of money from foreign countries that hate women and gays. Women and gay people are realizing Hillary’s immigration policies are going to get them killed.

• Cytherian says:

Spoken like a true xenophobe. Do you even know what the word means?

There will always be some bad apples that come through immigration. But there are plenty of good ones that outweigh them. Your criticism focuses on the few bad ones, using that as a poster to label immigration as completely flawed, that no one wants to assimilate into US culture. Where do you live, in some rural Oklahoma town that is run by rednecks? You sure talk like you do.

• Thom says:

At the risk of being rude, your analysis of the issues in Europe is naive (and, presumably, lifted straight from Fox News).

The migrant crisis in Europe is, I am sad to say, a result of ill-considered US led Western intervention in the Middle East (beginning with, but not limited to, Bush’s foray into Iraq). What we see in Europe, is not immigration, but a mass migration of refugees. Refugees are not immigrants. There is a clear and hard distinction between the two.

The instability of the Euro, and the Eurozone in general, is the second great challenge facing Europe. Greece, Portuagal, Spain and, to a slightly lesser degree, Italy, face significant economic challenges and threaten to tip the Eurozone over the edge. Germany, along with the Central European Bank, have been forced to play a key roll in bankrolling underachieving nations, just to keep the Euro afloat. This, largely, explains the discontent of the German electorate (I accept that there are numerous other factors).

And as for censorship in Germany and Sweden, I would be interested to see examples. I regularly travel to Germany, speak German, and am very familiar with the country. I am not aware that the German state is censorous (in fact, I believe the opposite to be true).

37. James says:

You are an idiot Trump will slay crooked Hillary

38. Okay. I give up. Who is Louis C.K. and why does he dress so badly?

• LOL, crooked Hillary, you are so funny and original in your nonsults. Should we compare how many lawsuits the Clintons have against them vs the Drumpfs? Dollars to donuts your idol would come out of that one looking like the loser he is. Sad. He will cause so many problems, really really bad. And weak, low energy, terrible.

• jsm1963 says:

One of the top comedians around. Will be doing his standup at the 15,000 seat Forum here in Los Angeles this summer.

39. yakyakityyak says:

Louis CK demonstrates almost Zero knowledge about history. He might want to make a flying leap towards knowledge by simply reading the Wikipedia entry about Post World War 1 Society in Germany. Conditions were completely different than today’s American society in 2016. Hitler’s rise to power is completely unlike that of Trump. Hitler’s appeal to the society was very different from Trump’s.

Louis CK would fail High School history if he turned in a paper as witless as the open letter he wrote. Take 10 minutes to learn about the society in Germany in the thirties and make up your own mind.

• I AGREE HITLER KILLED AND STOLE HIS MONET TRUMP WORKED FOR HIS.

• gb says:

yakyakityyak
      – I guess you don’t watch Jeopardy! Maybe you’re doing too much yaking :)

• Oh Please says:

If Trump inherited every bit of his father’s paltry $300 Million (unlikely), and turned it into $3 BILLION, that’s PHENOMENAL. Almost nobody accomplishes that kind of success. Other people get millions and lose everything.

• jsm1963 says:

Paltry $300 million?

Actually, it wouldn’t be all that phenomenal given the economic booms that have occurred over the last 30 years. Not to mention the growth in real estate.

• Jose Sallamanca says:

Even if only worth a billion it’s a massive success of growing a few million. What exactly is your argument? Worst case scenario he turned millions into billions – financial genius!

• Frank says:

Trump did not work for his money. He got it from his Daddy.

• William says:

Wrong wrong wrong and wrong again. He got SOME money yes. He worked for the other $10 billion in one of the toughest industries in the world in one of the toughest places. And still is. Sounds like a liberal smearist at it again with only lies to work with lol.

• jsm1963 says:

He got a “small” $million loan from his dad and inherited $millions more later.

Oh, and he’s not worth $10 billion. Probably more like $3-4 billion. There’s a good case to be made he may not even be worth a $billion.

40. Stan sienko says:

Great article thanks for putting your opinion out for all to see. Very honest I believe, I have thought of trump as a joke but it’s not funny anymore.

41. M.F. Davis says:

What does guy that may be a great comic but if you go out and ask 1000 people 975 well say WHO is he ! He must Kiss The # 1 Lier EVER not to say the CROOKS CINTON’s ASS like 80% of the actors and press which are so LEFT WING so do me a favor and go on the Other Side of the Wall and come back as we do not need you or them !

• William says:

He’s not anti Trump because he’s a comic he’s anti Trump because he’s Mexican. I don’t know if he has illegal immigrant relatives in the US or not. Many immigrants especially anchor baby immigrants of course are in that unfortunate position: they are legal but other members of their family are not.

• jsm1963 says:

I’m vehemently anti-Trump and I don’t have a shred of Mexican or Latino in me. Believe me, there’s millions of us out there.

42. jsm1963 says:

So, pay no attention to his actual statements and actions and listen to lynne – who also happens to be the Director of the Eric Trump Foundation. Sounds legit. Any chance someone else on the payroll will defend him?

43. MrGREENLUNGS says:

I cannot wait for Trump to be voted into Presidency.

It’ll be the first time I see a president assassinated!

44. Bob wendward says:

Louie
    We like Mr Trump — get over it

45. Greg Guess says:

Why should anyone value anything that Louis CK has to say? Really…I am sick of the Hollywood crowd trying to dictate to the minions who they should vote for. Screw them…infact I think that making an effort to ignore their work would bring them to reality…yes…a real job CK..what are your skills?

• Charles says:

If you thoroughly read the letter you’ll realize he didn’t tell anyone who they should vote for, just who they shouldn’t, which he then gave his reasons why. And he specifically adresses this “celebrity opinions” by saying this isn’t a political statement, he’s simply pointing out Trump’s characteristics. By the way, he has tons of skills, he’s a comedian, actor, director, producer, writer, editor, he has won 6 Emmy Awards and 2 Grammy Awards, on top of writing to shows who got their own awards. He is skilled in many areas, just not politics. It’s just his opinion, for crying out loud! You don’t have to accept it, just listen to it.

46. Derek says:

Mad I saw this on Google. A non-news or relevant source quoting a comedian. How does this matter?

47. Trump isn’t a joke at all.

• Tony S says:

no he is not a joke…. he is far worse than a joke.. jokes may make you mad but they don’t hurt you (at least they shouldn’t)

He is a danger.. a cancer ,,, a problem that we are facing… he would be catastrophic for the future of our country,. That is not a a joke.

48. jsm1963 says:

Okay then…

49. imtiredstop says:

Can we do this without comparisons to holocaust or painting mentally ill people as demons though like he’s not ‘insane’ he’s racist hateful and dangerous I don’t know why those words aren’t powerful enough on their own, and frankly if you can’t make your opinions powerful enough without using unrelated fear-mongering buzzwords your opinion’s not wrong, you just suck at writing. Hearing Donald Trump is Insane is really boring if you’ve ever been institutionalised or diagnosed. It really sucks if your politics centres the rights of the disabled – which Trumps really fucking don’t – to be lumped in with someone who would probably, if they were asked, say you need to be castrated, institutionalised, controlled, or use your struggle of scary sad spooky illness to manipulate voters into being afraid of already marginalised demographics. Anyways… just gonna go have a crazy coffee have a psycho day I guess.

• jsm1963 says:

Not insane, but he does appear to have a personality disorder. That’s dangerous enough.

• It is Hillary Clinton who has the personality disorder. Hillary Rodham Clinton is into the occult. Hillary Rodham Clinton with new age psychic Jean Houston, co-director of the Foundation for Mind Research, held séances at the Whitehouse to “channel” with the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt. In her own words, Mrs. Clinton states she had talks with the long dead Eleanor Roosevelt, Mohandas Gandhi, and even Jesus Christ according to Carl Bernstein in his book “The Life of Hillary Rodham Clinton”. Then there was her constantly wearing a gold “Phoenix Bird” a known occult symbol as a lapel pin during most of the 1990’s. A person’s mental stability is definitely suspect if they are into new age mysticism and “channeling” with the dead. Hillary Clinton is obviously unstable. Even her husband Bill says she talks to the dead.

• Sorry I meant to post that in response to the first comment, not your reply jsm1963. But I don’t seem to be able to move it now.

• You mean because “insane” isn’t a thing at all? Yes people out there have more severe psychological disorders than Trump and yet are not at all dangerous, and they shouldn’t be smeared by association with him. But Trump has to have something bordering on a personality disorder. Much of his behaviour matches the clinical definition of a sociopath.