Next year, he’ll be eligible again for another statue on behalf of the third season of the Amazon series, as it heads into production this week — and possibly, even the fifth season of “Arrested Development.”
After being revived by Netflix in 2013 for a fourth season, rumors have been swirling of “Arrested Development’s” return and a fifth season is said to be in the works.
Recently, creator Mitch Hurwitz mentioned that he is outlining a new season, but would not start writing scripts until the cast is confirmed, which is complicated, due to scheduling. Original cast members are expected to return, and last summer, Netflix boss Ted Sarandos confirmed that negotiations were underway.
When asked by Variety at the SAG Awards about “Arrested Development” coming back, Tambor teased, “First of all, we’re always coming back and there’s always that, but I’m going to go to my [“Transparent”] set on Thursday and start filming this.” Alluding to his award presenter of the night, he continued: “I think it’s prophetic that Jason Bateman handed me the award tonight and said, ‘Come on up, Dad.'”
Last year, exec producer Brian Grazer said in an interview that “Arrested Development” would be coming back for 17 more episodes, though at the time, Netflix declined to comment.
As for the upcoming season of “Transparent,” Tambor promises the new episodes will even surpass the past two seasons.
“All of us are going to up the ante with our characters and care more,” he said on Saturday night. “I know my character is going to investigate even more of her femininity and what it means to be a woman.”