Investigation Discovery Reviving Missing Persons Series ‘Disappeared’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Investigation Discovery Disappeared
Courtesy of Investigation Discovery

After a three-plus year hiatus, Investigation Discovery will revive its missing persons docu-series “Disappeared” for a seventh season, Variety has learned exclusively.

The series will return to Investigation Discovery with 10 new episodes, premiering on April 11.

Produced by NBC News’ Peacock Productions, “Disappeared” originally debuted on Investigation Discovery in February 2010 and wrapped in April 2013 after running for five consecutive seasons.

According to the cabler, the comeback comes after an influx of viewer requests for new episodes rolled in, paired with the success of various “Disappeared” specials that aired in 2014 and 2015.

“’Disappeared’ was one of the cornerstone series that helped launch ID, and our viewers have told us time and again that there’s nothing else like it on television,” said Investigation Discovery general manager Kevin Bennett. “After listening to their outcry to cover more cases, we realized that ‘Disappeared‘ isn’t just a part of ID’s DNA but it’s also an important tool to help families and law enforcement bring much needed attention to heart-breaking cold cases.”

Interspersed with re-creation footage and interviews with family, friends and investigators, each episode of “Disappeared” hones in on a hopeful family that’s desperate to locate a missing loved one. The end fo each episode prompts viewers to contact law enforcement with any new information on the cases.

1. Rachel says:

What is that beginning scene? Amniotic fluid? Space? WHAT IS THAT?

2. How do I get a story to investigation discovery channel & or the show Dissapeared ?

3. Sarah Beth Mayol-Weinberger says:

Hey there… After reading the article, I’m uncertain about the conclusion… Is the show Disappeared on the ID ever coming back on Netflix. I loved that show. So interesting and I became much more cautious and safe. Please let me know. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you so much. I look forward to hearing back from you.

4. nshughes says:

Yes,nice to see it back from here in the UK.Old narrator was better and the atmospheric sound effects.

5. Paul says:

Need to bring back the old narrator, he does the promos for it so why isn’t he doing the show

6. Mrs Cleaver says:

Glad it’s back. New narrator nothing special, miss the “old guy”.

7. Carla says:

Super happy this show is back but Def is not the same w/out the old narrators voice!! Bring him back!!

8. Candance says:

ID channel I have been a loyal customer forever and I really love the disappeared show its my favorite but I don’t think it’s right that I always hv to pay to watch the newest episodes on on YouTube…..having tired of the old ones. It’s just not fair

9. Lecia says:

No offense to the new narrator on new episodes of “Disappeared”, but it’s just not the same without the regular guy’s voice. Bring him back please as this is my favorite show on ID!

10. Trina says:

BRING CHRISTOPHER RIGHTS VOICE BACK U IDIOTS….I WAS A HUGE FAN

11. Anna says:

I reached out to Christopher right before the new season aired to let him know how much the return of this gripping series meant & specifically how his voice is synonymous with this show. It’s the reason I kept watching. He confirmed ID was not bringing him back for “Disappeared” but he does another show for ID – “Shadow of a Doubt” & will be doing one for Discovery Life coming soon – “Emergency”.

The show won’t be the same – please let the wonderful people at ID know to bring Christopher back to “Disappeared”.

12. Linda says:

Is Chris Walker going to be the narrator?

• St.James says:

Walker’s account on Twitter said he did some promos but show was returning without him…? Don’t know why because his voice is now part of the show as far as I’m concerned ID made a big mistake…

13. Glenda says:

Please feature baby Ember Graham on you show disappeared she needs to be found for her momma and our community! I watch your channel all the time and the exposure you could give this tragic story may just give us all hope. The police have just given up on her!

14. Jolene Montgomery says:

Please cover the Ember Skye Graham case. This baby needs to be found and reunited with her family. Our entire community has been looking for her and the police have given up we need your help.

15. Donna Downs-Logan says:

PLEASE LET LT. JOE KENDA NARRATE THIS PROGRAM. HE ADDS SO MUCH REALITY TO THE SHOWS. THANK YOU.

16. Becky Rome says:

Please help us find baby Ember Graham. She has been missing from Happy Valley calif since last july. I watch your channel everyday please please help find this beautiful baby girl. The police have given up all hope. Thank you very much

17. Dawna Ross says:

Please cover the Ember Skye Graham case. This baby needs to be found and reunited with her family. This family needs any help they can get to find her.

18. Mary Shepherd says:

My favorite show on one of my favorite networks, I keep watching the reruns although I’ve seen every one several times.

19. TERRI says:

THATS MY FAVORITE ON THERE…SO GLAD YOU ARE BRINGING IT BACK…PLEASE KEEP IT ON…

20. Leesa says:

My absolute favorite show on my favorite station! So happy :)

21. Anne says:

Finally. One of the only quality crime shows.