‘Grimm’ to End After Season 6 on NBC

Grimm cancelled season 6
Courtesy of NBC

Grimm” will come to a close after its upcoming sixth season, NBC confirmed on Monday.

Announcing the premiere date for Season 6 in a press release today, the network stated “the final season” will begin on Jan. 6.

Season 6 will consist of 13 episodes with the finale chapter following the battle fans have been long waiting for: Nick versus Capt. Renard.

With the forces of Black Claw silenced, Nick (David Giuntoli) will face a familiar foe in Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz), who is now in the seat of power as the mayor elect of Portland. Nick must take a stand to protect his city and those closest to him, especially his child with Adalind (Claire Coffee), and it will take the full force of Nick and his allies to find a way to bring peace. Also in the final chapter, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) will grapple with bringing a child into a new and tumultuous world, while Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) faces unsettling identity issues as her former self lurks below the surface. Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee also star in the final season.

“Grimm” has been a steady Friday night staple for NBC, hitting the 100-episode mark last season. Launching in 2011 on Friday nights, the first season averaged more than 6.3 million viewers, while the second season, which shifted timeslots from Mondays to Fridays to Tuesdays, averaged nearly 7 million viewers. The show moved back to Friday for its third season, when it averaged nearly 8 million viewers, and has stayed on that night ever since, with the fourth season dipping to around 7 million and the most recent fifth season hitting an audience of nearly 6 million.

“Grimm” was created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, and Stephen Carpenter. Greenwalt and Kouf serve as executive producers, along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner of Hazy Mills. Universal Television also producers.

1. sam says:

this is bullshit i love this show and they ed it whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

2. Holly says:

nooooo . no – this is terrible. I love this. exciting. I do like how it ended would love a take off of the kids grown and what’s next!

3. ALLEN TERRY says:

Love the show please have more episodes to come

4. Please bring it back. I love the cast. I’m 68 years old and it is my look forward show. It never got old

5. Cheryl says:

True mistake to end this great series!

6. Robert Sledz says:

Great series comes to an end. Sad.

7. R Wat says:

Fantastic series. Gutted they have ended it. Why do they do this with all the great series? Please make a spin off or something

8. Marilyn focus says:

To Linda….I know you meant NBC, not CBS.
    CBS cares more for their viewers and would not cancel a popular show and replace it with another damn reality dating show. Guess who is responsible for this catastrophe…besides NBC…it’s Ellen Degeneres, who will be producing it..THAT’S why NBC cancelled Grimm.
    😠

9. Marilyn focus says:

Hey, C.Banks:
    Re your negative comments about Grimm…I believe you could be working for the hated NBC!

10. Linda says:

It sucks to cancel Grimm! You people are nuts and I don’t think I’ll be watching CBS anymore!

11. C.Banks says:

The creators of Grimm ruined it by convoluting the storyline over & over again, making bad characters good & good characters bad. Namely the ADALINE & JULIET switch & reswitch & their ridiculous attempts to make you swallow this highly improbable senerio took away from the major storyline that we all tuned into the show to see in the first place… Wessens & Grimms. They killed this show by refusing to let go of dead weight actresses that dragged the whole show under with them Adaline & Juliet/Eve was ultimately the Death of this Series… congrats guys you ruined a really great show by refusing to genuinely move the story along, instead of feeding you bull about the main villan at one point then becoming the sweet, vunerable, motherly Co star that the Grimm is in love with. You should have focused on keeping the audiences happy as upposed to keeping a few actresses happy. Honestly with the level of decline shown, this series shouldn’t have made it to season six.

12. Sue Lynn says:

SO sad. What an incredibly creative series! With a terrific cast of talented actors who brought integrity and life to the characters of GRIMM (the curtain call ending was a wonderful and meaningful tribute. The creative and imaginative writers presented us with believable creatures. FOX brought back “Prison Break”. Come ON! NBC! give us our “GRIMM”!! Hey! Showtime! HBO! So many of us will keep watch and Welcome! the continued success of every GRIMM star!! Curious to see if my comments will be kept intact by Variety.

13. Diane Suru says:

Really disappointed NBC does this all the time was one the best Friday night shows ,so sad.almost font want to start a series on NBC cause they cancel so fast. Thank you for a great show cast and crew.

14. William D. Dagley says:

Big mistake NBC !!! Why cancel one of the best!!! WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!

15. Louise says:

I have been watching Grimm since it all began why stop at all . the only my TV goes on its because of the Grimm please don,t end the show i really love the show and i don,t want it to ever end please reconsider there is only crap on the TV now a days Grimm is all i had to watch why NBC do you have to take it off …. why

16. I watched Grimm every Friday night like clock work …… please reconsider your choice of ending the series and bring them back …. I hate the crap that is taking all the good show’s spots If i see one more reality show come on …. I will sell my TV better yet I will give it away!!!! Super Bad Decision NBC come on please get with the program :(

17. Bobbie Dobbs says:

My husband and I have been watching Grimm since it started we love the show and really think it should have gone further with the kids growing up as intended please reconsider bringing it back we will miss it

18. Dongax says:

Merlin and Grimm is my favorite show on TV and they are all gone.

19. Rosetta says:

Please keep Grim going I wait every Friday to watch it with my husband we love it

20. Rob Mulholland says:

I’ve watched every episode in England loved it but I guess it’s not reality housewives tv ,you stink

21. Mori says:

NBC hope you guys are reading these comments. You guys wanted to end the show so bad you shortened the season. This show is unique, that’s why people like it. It is also an awesome show, unlike stupid reality tv. I think you guys need to do some more poling before canceling shows people actually watch.

22. Mori says:

Ending was disappointing somewhat. Why create Diana with so much power to be a wallflower? Also it would have been great to position the show that Juliet and Adelind somehow mixed themselves with the change spells and at the end things put them back as they should have been. Kelly was really Juliet’s child and she and Nick ended up together and she was no longer a hexin beast. Adelind is back with Renard.

23. Cheryl Macy says:

I will miss the show Grimn. I can only hope they will do a spin off of the show with maybe the kids and Nick. I loved the whole story. Too bad they cancelled it. But the ending was great.

24. Renee says:

Show hoooooole!😢 why end such an excellent series? I’m so sad to see it go.

25. Ddonna says:

Ditto for canceling a great show, with great cast, and great writing while keeping crap shows. Not just KHQ but many stations. Last two years have seen far too many cancellations of great shows. This is disappointing.

26. Sheree says:

😡Serious??? You keep crap on tv, but cancel the best shows-ugh!!!
    Got hooked via internet and have been a loyal fan ever since!!!❤️
    An interesting story, great cast, intriguing twists,…and you cancel it???
    Baffled, completely baffled!🤔

27. Teresa smith says:

Ive watched since the beginning and was excited to see rosealie and monroe become parents and now its over before that how ass 9 bring it back season 7 lets do this dame thing

28. Paula Rodgers says:

Please bring Grimm back. What an emotional ride this last episode was! I was screaming and crying at the same time. What can we do to bring it back for more episodes????

29. Majk says:

You have much stupid serials and cancel one good…..

30. Dan Martin says:

I can’t believe that GRIMM has come to an end !!!!! NBC you suck !!!!!

31. Shane Church says:

I Cannot beleave the way they ended Grimm it was a great ending but they better make a second series to Grimm cuz it’s not right to just stop makeing a great show for nothing that’s exactly what they did with terrornova series after the second season 😡👿 so there better make one

32. Kelly Baker says:

I am so disappointed! I have watched this show from the beginning! It was a great show! Why is it all the good shows are cancelled? There is so many horrible shows being aired. I’m starting to think you TV execs have no taste what so ever! You people suck!

33. Raymond says:

NBC!!!!!!!! Y’ALL TOOK AWAY A GOOD RATING SHOW. GRIMM WAS ON TOP WITH THE WALKING DEAD AND OTHER SUCCESSFUL POPULAR SHOWS. YOUR NETWORK WAS NOTHING ANYWAY. I hope Grimm returns 😭😭😭😭😭

34. Wow!!! I can’t believe you killed one of my favorite shows. Good bye Nick and all the crew. It was an awesome 6 seasons always looked forward to watching it on Friday’s or on Hulu cause I worked long hours. Hope you all on NBC are happy. 😩

35. Christer says:

NBC seems to be a bunch of idiots …..after canceling a great tv show like GRIMM!

36. Jamie Pandy says:

NBC…So let’s see, you actually have people screaming to keep GRIMM on (or let another network pick it up). You really should do a search of all the petitions out there to keep the show on. They’re not watching Hulu, Netflix, Sling, etc., they’re watching NETWORK TV! Imagine that. So what do you do, cancel GRIMM. Brilliant move. I won’t be watching Midnight Texas – and Emerald City? … Can’t get past 5 minutes or Vincent D’Onofrio’s costume. To the writers and actors of the last episode – nailed it! Kept me on the edge of my seat with all the twists and turns…it was brilliant! So sad to see it go. I was hooked and a big fan. I should be working for NBC…or anyone else who commented below – seems like we’re the only ones with any common sense…

37. George pearce says:

Grimm is my favorite show on TV. I have watched every episode starting from the very first episode. Why would you cancel a show that has millions of viewers that love the show?

38. Ron says:

First Date ,that’s the show that should be cancelled,Who cares,BRING BACK THE GRIMM!!!

39. Ron Callahan says:

Can’t believe it’s over,come !!!Grimm was the best show on NBC. I’ve watched from first to that last shows, recorded them to watch them again,bring Nick and his crew back

40. Sharon says:

Grim is a good show!!! Why do you guys have too get canceleing shows that are good

41. Lyndy-ann Bocage says:

I cried the whole of the last episode. I am sad it have to end, I was hooked from the first episode of Grimm. I would really love if you all consider Kids of Grimms with Kelly, Diana and the triplets.It can’t just end like that :(. I’m from Trinidad And we love Grimm.

42. Karla Nichols says:

Agree sell the show to another network! Stop taking away the best. 6? Seasons is just not enough especially when most have 10 nd 13 seasons.

43. Karla Nichols says:

I’m so sad this has ended nd hopes that one day really soon you’ll bring back Grim. How could you end it like that 20 years later not showing the twins or show them all together for a holiday or something exchanging stories something other then seeing Kelly nd Diana nd not the rest.
    So hopefully you’ll bring back Grim A New Beginning with the children fighting by their patents sides or at least some of them explaining what happened to others.
    I’m definitely going to miss watching them all. At least they were all back to life and was a happily ever after.

44. Ernestina says:

I have to say that I have loved and watched this series from the beginning. Loved it and I am so sad that it has ended. I wish all these actors could come back in another series together again , they were all great but I hope to see David Giuntoli in a show soon ( he is very good looking). But congratulations to all and sad to see you gone !!!

45. Jonathan says:

Will there be a new Grimm with the Kids

46. Liza M says:

Grimm is a great show! Bring it back or sell it to another network! I’m so upset, it’s one of the more interesting shows that’s actually entertaining! Bring GRIMM Back!!!!!

47. dudley hadley says:

was a great show why are the good shows taken off and junk shows added I wll not be watching much tv in the future

48. arthur says:

wtf great show

49. Kirk Follini says:

Bring Grimm back!!!!
    Otherwise sell the show to another network!

Best show on Friday’s night!

You are fools for ending it!

50. Dana Tunney says:

I am an avid fan of Grimm. I am surprised that it is cancelled, it is very imaginative and entertaining. I don’t want it to end!