‘Grimm’ to End After Season 6 on NBC

Grimm cancelled season 6
Courtesy of NBC

Grimm” will come to a close after its upcoming sixth season, NBC confirmed on Monday.

Announcing the premiere date for Season 6 in a press release today, the network stated “the final season” will begin on Jan. 6.

Season 6 will consist of 13 episodes with the finale chapter following the battle fans have been long waiting for: Nick versus Capt. Renard.

With the forces of Black Claw silenced, Nick (David Giuntoli) will face a familiar foe in Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz), who is now in the seat of power as the mayor elect of Portland. Nick must take a stand to protect his city and those closest to him, especially his child with Adalind (Claire Coffee), and it will take the full force of Nick and his allies to find a way to bring peace. Also in the final chapter, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) will grapple with bringing a child into a new and tumultuous world, while Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) faces unsettling identity issues as her former self lurks below the surface. Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee also star in the final season.

“Grimm” has been a steady Friday night staple for NBC, hitting the 100-episode mark last season. Launching in 2011 on Friday nights, the first season averaged more than 6.3 million viewers, while the second season, which shifted timeslots from Mondays to Fridays to Tuesdays, averaged nearly 7 million viewers. The show moved back to Friday for its third season, when it averaged nearly 8 million viewers, and has stayed on that night ever since, with the fourth season dipping to around 7 million and the most recent fifth season hitting an audience of nearly 6 million.

“Grimm” was created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, and Stephen Carpenter. Greenwalt and Kouf serve as executive producers, along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner of Hazy Mills. Universal Television also producers.

1. Mary Hanger says:

Oh my goodness, it’s ending? Wow.. I really got a big thrill out of this series. I am a huge fan and will miss the characters a whole bunch. Thanks guys for the great entertainment. I wish you all happiness as you move forward in your lives.

2. Linda says:

Why take off a good show for a silly comedy? We want more HE UMM Please.

3. Fran Whitten says:

Did Rosalee have her baby?
    Can’t some smart network pick up the series and give us more episodes?

4. Mary says:

I miss Grimm soooo much! But is this site the right place to be getting out views seen? Should we be going to NBC and voicing our disappointment in losing this great show?

5. Beverly Fay says:

I want my Grimm

6. Crystal says:

Im a full time student and i MADE time for this show. Which don’t get me wrong when im not in school i still barely watch tv, but i ALWAYS watched Grimm. This show is one of my favorite series on television. I don’t know what NBC was thinking, but this was a mistake. My feelings were so hurt when I realized I was watching the SERIES FINALE!!!! I just don’t understand. At a lost for words on this one.

7. Gloria Parker says:

Was it not black enough?

8. Gloria Parker says:

This sucks it better than other shows they keep on the air. Orange is the new black really!

9. There’s no Grimm season 7?

10. Fernando says:

Well since Grimm has gone off the air we no longer watch NBC at all. I miss Grimm not NBC and I have NO plans of tuning in any time soon. And we have a house rule NO NBC for now on.

Yes, it would be nice if some one else picked it up and maybe covered the Black claw vs HW that got skipped. Or perhaps do some shows on the kids I know my wife was really upset the show went off the air. We really were wondering about the Kelly and what he ended up being a regular Grimm or was there some Hexen qualities. And I was hopping to learn about the triplets and that was skipped.

11. Connie Capps says:

I agree with most of the heart-felt criticisms posted here about the cancellation of the “Grimm” tv series on NBC. It really is a shame that this wonderfully phantasmal program would be tossed aside, especially since it has such a good following of adamant fans. It is so very difficult to find a show on any television station that equals the pure fantasy yet intelligent and witty stories that are depicted here.

All that’s left to watch now will be run-of-the-mill “reality shows”, run-of-the-mill drama shows, run-of-the-mill sci-fi space shows and “adult cartoon” shows. ICK!! OK. Now all we “Grimm” fans can hope for is that one of the more tuned-in-to-the-watchers stations, such as USA, TNT, SYFY, etc will pick up this show and revive it as they have so many others.

Your loss, NBC, especially since all that’s left on your Friday lineup is “America’s Got Talent” (really?!?) and “Dateline NBC” (BORING!). I would say “good luck with that” but it would NOT be a SINCERE wish!

PLEASE, USA, TNT, SYFY…. give “Grimm” new life! You won’t be disappointed!!

12. Contessa Lenzini says:

No! No! No!!!!!!! Why did u cancel my favorite show!!!!! Ugh, smh!!!! Seriously, u should be ashamed!!!!

13. Shaz says:

Dumb a** greedy nbc cancelled one of the best show probably to give room to a reality show. 😡😡😡

14. Donna Robinson says:

This is the best show I have seen in a long time, I had to buy them all…getting the last season, i hate that it was cancelled…now back to boring TV…it’s a shame it had to end!!!

15. Best program on the . Now am sick it’s been canceled

16. Bloody hell the best program on TVs . And it gets cancelled . Now am sick

17. Jay says:

NBC you guys are idiots for taking the best show away for what idk like why this is my opinion and I don’t really care what anyone have to say because at the end of the day Grimm was the best show they ever made so why end it now.

18. Renee Mellace says:

One of the few television shows that i found interesting. Sad to see it go. Just one more reason closer to getting rid of cable tv. Nothing worth watching anymore except a few shows. Not worth the price

19. Tony says:

Grimm ended for me when bitsie tulloch was brought back from the dead.

20. R, Marchant says:

Just watched the last episode of Grimm! Very sad to bid farewell to the wonderful Woo and marvellous Monroe. Loved this series from the start and will miss it. I can never understand how some shows go on and on and on and the really good ones fall victim to the axe (appropriate in Grimm’s case I suppose). Rotten decision!

21. HOMERO GUZMAN says:

Why in the hell is nbc doing cancelling the best damn show period!!! I have missed days of work just to see this show. Ever since the last espiode of Grimm and when I found out these idiots of nbc were not bringing back this awesome show I have not even looked at this dumb channel. Who in their right mind would discontinue the one of the best rated shows currently on TV. Very bad decision!! I’m never going to watch that damn channel again. And I hope everyone that loved this shoe can do the same, then maybe they might consider bringing it back.

22. Lora Merida says:

That’s so wrong for taking the grim off we really enjoyed watching it and now we have Stupid dateline to watch that should be taken off the grim use to be on tnt and I watched it all the time you need to bring it back

23. Shahna says:

Start up was a bit iffy but it grew on me as it moved along. So many series end in mid-something but this one had an ending and there’s a satisfaction to the completeness. But Oh Man! The ending seriously sucked! …Better a lonely Grimm had walked off into the unknown than the puke-inducing overdose of saccharine that sticks in the craw we got. Magicking the dead back to life or pretending ghosts are real (just for a moment) is more than simply silly, it diminishes the dying of the heroes.

If you don’t want your characters dead then …. don’t kill them off.

24. Lu Bocca says:

Totally awesome program sadly missed

25. Chris says:

It’s about people interest. You can’t cancel Grimm. It was the best tv show.

26. Jill Porritt says:

Just got this news in Australia- I’ve been unwell…what a shame – there was so much folklore etc to explore and relevant moral issues to put before the audience. I’m tired of watching endless repeats while you underestimate the public’s intelligence. Bad decision! Shame…

27. sam says:

This is such bullshit!!! Yet again another tv show being cancelled 😒👎 i have got soo many ppl i know into this prgramme, me and bf watch it together aswell and we couldnt wait to carry on watching them and now i find out its cancelled and why? Because of lost viewers 😑 ermm hello what abt the rest of us still watching it/wanting more from the show… you ppl need to sort your shit out!!!

28. Ashlea Christie says:

They cant cancel Grimm its amazing and really the only sci-fy show that’s any good anymore. Their always cancelling such good shows all cuz they drop viewers but what about the 6 million of us that still watch it?? Its a family night show for my children and i and we rarely watch tv because all the shows now are absolutely dull. We love this show and its story line. My children are goin to be extremely upset especially my middle son who has a incurable disease and not much more time her with us, he looks at ‘nick’ the Grimm as a hero as an escape from his everyday life. And now he don’t have that.

29. Too bad another network doesn’t pick it up. It was a winner.

30. Joanne ferlisi says:

That was my husband and my favorite show. Can’t believe it is no longer on. It is very upsetting, since we always looked forward to watching the show together. Please bring on episode 7. Thanks!

31. Sandra says:

I have to agree with everybody here!!! That was my favorite show.

32. sam says:

this is bullshit i love this show and they ed it whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

33. Holly says:

nooooo . no – this is terrible. I love this. exciting. I do like how it ended would love a take off of the kids grown and what’s next!

34. ALLEN TERRY says:

Love the show please have more episodes to come

35. Please bring it back. I love the cast. I’m 68 years old and it is my look forward show. It never got old

36. Cheryl says:

True mistake to end this great series!

37. Robert Sledz says:

Great series comes to an end. Sad.

38. R Wat says:

Fantastic series. Gutted they have ended it. Why do they do this with all the great series? Please make a spin off or something

39. Marilyn focus says:

To Linda….I know you meant NBC, not CBS.
    CBS cares more for their viewers and would not cancel a popular show and replace it with another damn reality dating show. Guess who is responsible for this catastrophe…besides NBC…it’s Ellen Degeneres, who will be producing it..THAT’S why NBC cancelled Grimm.
    😠

40. Marilyn focus says:

Hey, C.Banks:
    Re your negative comments about Grimm…I believe you could be working for the hated NBC!

41. Linda says:

It sucks to cancel Grimm! You people are nuts and I don’t think I’ll be watching CBS anymore!

42. C.Banks says:

The creators of Grimm ruined it by convoluting the storyline over & over again, making bad characters good & good characters bad. Namely the ADALINE & JULIET switch & reswitch & their ridiculous attempts to make you swallow this highly improbable senerio took away from the major storyline that we all tuned into the show to see in the first place… Wessens & Grimms. They killed this show by refusing to let go of dead weight actresses that dragged the whole show under with them Adaline & Juliet/Eve was ultimately the Death of this Series… congrats guys you ruined a really great show by refusing to genuinely move the story along, instead of feeding you bull about the main villan at one point then becoming the sweet, vunerable, motherly Co star that the Grimm is in love with. You should have focused on keeping the audiences happy as upposed to keeping a few actresses happy. Honestly with the level of decline shown, this series shouldn’t have made it to season six.

43. Sue Lynn says:

SO sad. What an incredibly creative series! With a terrific cast of talented actors who brought integrity and life to the characters of GRIMM (the curtain call ending was a wonderful and meaningful tribute. The creative and imaginative writers presented us with believable creatures. FOX brought back “Prison Break”. Come ON! NBC! give us our “GRIMM”!! Hey! Showtime! HBO! So many of us will keep watch and Welcome! the continued success of every GRIMM star!! Curious to see if my comments will be kept intact by Variety.

44. Diane Suru says:

Really disappointed NBC does this all the time was one the best Friday night shows ,so sad.almost font want to start a series on NBC cause they cancel so fast. Thank you for a great show cast and crew.

45. William D. Dagley says:

Big mistake NBC !!! Why cancel one of the best!!! WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!

46. Louise says:

I have been watching Grimm since it all began why stop at all . the only my TV goes on its because of the Grimm please don,t end the show i really love the show and i don,t want it to ever end please reconsider there is only crap on the TV now a days Grimm is all i had to watch why NBC do you have to take it off …. why

47. I watched Grimm every Friday night like clock work …… please reconsider your choice of ending the series and bring them back …. I hate the crap that is taking all the good show’s spots If i see one more reality show come on …. I will sell my TV better yet I will give it away!!!! Super Bad Decision NBC come on please get with the program :(

48. Bobbie Dobbs says:

My husband and I have been watching Grimm since it started we love the show and really think it should have gone further with the kids growing up as intended please reconsider bringing it back we will miss it

49. Dongax says:

Merlin and Grimm is my favorite show on TV and they are all gone.

50. Rosetta says:

Please keep Grim going I wait every Friday to watch it with my husband we love it