‘Grimm’ to End After Season 6 on NBC

Grimm cancelled season 6
Courtesy of NBC

Grimm” will come to a close after its upcoming sixth season, NBC confirmed on Monday.

Announcing the premiere date for Season 6 in a press release today, the network stated “the final season” will begin on Jan. 6.

Season 6 will consist of 13 episodes with the finale chapter following the battle fans have been long waiting for: Nick versus Capt. Renard.

With the forces of Black Claw silenced, Nick (David Giuntoli) will face a familiar foe in Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz), who is now in the seat of power as the mayor elect of Portland. Nick must take a stand to protect his city and those closest to him, especially his child with Adalind (Claire Coffee), and it will take the full force of Nick and his allies to find a way to bring peace. Also in the final chapter, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) will grapple with bringing a child into a new and tumultuous world, while Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) faces unsettling identity issues as her former self lurks below the surface. Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee also star in the final season.

“Grimm” has been a steady Friday night staple for NBC, hitting the 100-episode mark last season. Launching in 2011 on Friday nights, the first season averaged more than 6.3 million viewers, while the second season, which shifted timeslots from Mondays to Fridays to Tuesdays, averaged nearly 7 million viewers. The show moved back to Friday for its third season, when it averaged nearly 8 million viewers, and has stayed on that night ever since, with the fourth season dipping to around 7 million and the most recent fifth season hitting an audience of nearly 6 million.

“Grimm” was created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, and Stephen Carpenter. Greenwalt and Kouf serve as executive producers, along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner of Hazy Mills. Universal Television also producers.

1. Best program on the . Now am sick it’s been canceled

2. Bloody hell the best program on TVs . And it gets cancelled . Now am sick

3. Jay says:

NBC you guys are idiots for taking the best show away for what idk like why this is my opinion and I don’t really care what anyone have to say because at the end of the day Grimm was the best show they ever made so why end it now.

4. Renee Mellace says:

One of the few television shows that i found interesting. Sad to see it go. Just one more reason closer to getting rid of cable tv. Nothing worth watching anymore except a few shows. Not worth the price

5. Tony says:

Grimm ended for me when bitsie tulloch was brought back from the dead.

6. R, Marchant says:

Just watched the last episode of Grimm! Very sad to bid farewell to the wonderful Woo and marvellous Monroe. Loved this series from the start and will miss it. I can never understand how some shows go on and on and on and the really good ones fall victim to the axe (appropriate in Grimm’s case I suppose). Rotten decision!

7. HOMERO GUZMAN says:

Why in the hell is nbc doing cancelling the best damn show period!!! I have missed days of work just to see this show. Ever since the last espiode of Grimm and when I found out these idiots of nbc were not bringing back this awesome show I have not even looked at this dumb channel. Who in their right mind would discontinue the one of the best rated shows currently on TV. Very bad decision!! I’m never going to watch that damn channel again. And I hope everyone that loved this shoe can do the same, then maybe they might consider bringing it back.

8. Lora Merida says:

That’s so wrong for taking the grim off we really enjoyed watching it and now we have Stupid dateline to watch that should be taken off the grim use to be on tnt and I watched it all the time you need to bring it back

9. Shahna says:

Start up was a bit iffy but it grew on me as it moved along. So many series end in mid-something but this one had an ending and there’s a satisfaction to the completeness. But Oh Man! The ending seriously sucked! …Better a lonely Grimm had walked off into the unknown than the puke-inducing overdose of saccharine that sticks in the craw we got. Magicking the dead back to life or pretending ghosts are real (just for a moment) is more than simply silly, it diminishes the dying of the heroes.

If you don’t want your characters dead then …. don’t kill them off.

10. Lu Bocca says:

Totally awesome program sadly missed

11. Chris says:

It’s about people interest. You can’t cancel Grimm. It was the best tv show.

12. Jill Porritt says:

Just got this news in Australia- I’ve been unwell…what a shame – there was so much folklore etc to explore and relevant moral issues to put before the audience. I’m tired of watching endless repeats while you underestimate the public’s intelligence. Bad decision! Shame…

13. sam says:

This is such bullshit!!! Yet again another tv show being cancelled 😒👎 i have got soo many ppl i know into this prgramme, me and bf watch it together aswell and we couldnt wait to carry on watching them and now i find out its cancelled and why? Because of lost viewers 😑 ermm hello what abt the rest of us still watching it/wanting more from the show… you ppl need to sort your shit out!!!

14. Ashlea Christie says:

They cant cancel Grimm its amazing and really the only sci-fy show that’s any good anymore. Their always cancelling such good shows all cuz they drop viewers but what about the 6 million of us that still watch it?? Its a family night show for my children and i and we rarely watch tv because all the shows now are absolutely dull. We love this show and its story line. My children are goin to be extremely upset especially my middle son who has a incurable disease and not much more time her with us, he looks at ‘nick’ the Grimm as a hero as an escape from his everyday life. And now he don’t have that.

15. Too bad another network doesn’t pick it up. It was a winner.

16. Joanne ferlisi says:

That was my husband and my favorite show. Can’t believe it is no longer on. It is very upsetting, since we always looked forward to watching the show together. Please bring on episode 7. Thanks!

17. Sandra says:

I have to agree with everybody here!!! That was my favorite show.

18. sam says:

this is bullshit i love this show and they ed it whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

19. Holly says:

nooooo . no – this is terrible. I love this. exciting. I do like how it ended would love a take off of the kids grown and what’s next!

20. ALLEN TERRY says:

Love the show please have more episodes to come

21. Please bring it back. I love the cast. I’m 68 years old and it is my look forward show. It never got old

22. Cheryl says:

True mistake to end this great series!

23. Robert Sledz says:

Great series comes to an end. Sad.

24. R Wat says:

Fantastic series. Gutted they have ended it. Why do they do this with all the great series? Please make a spin off or something

25. Marilyn focus says:

To Linda….I know you meant NBC, not CBS.
    CBS cares more for their viewers and would not cancel a popular show and replace it with another damn reality dating show. Guess who is responsible for this catastrophe…besides NBC…it’s Ellen Degeneres, who will be producing it..THAT’S why NBC cancelled Grimm.
    😠

26. Marilyn focus says:

Hey, C.Banks:
    Re your negative comments about Grimm…I believe you could be working for the hated NBC!

27. Linda says:

It sucks to cancel Grimm! You people are nuts and I don’t think I’ll be watching CBS anymore!

28. C.Banks says:

The creators of Grimm ruined it by convoluting the storyline over & over again, making bad characters good & good characters bad. Namely the ADALINE & JULIET switch & reswitch & their ridiculous attempts to make you swallow this highly improbable senerio took away from the major storyline that we all tuned into the show to see in the first place… Wessens & Grimms. They killed this show by refusing to let go of dead weight actresses that dragged the whole show under with them Adaline & Juliet/Eve was ultimately the Death of this Series… congrats guys you ruined a really great show by refusing to genuinely move the story along, instead of feeding you bull about the main villan at one point then becoming the sweet, vunerable, motherly Co star that the Grimm is in love with. You should have focused on keeping the audiences happy as upposed to keeping a few actresses happy. Honestly with the level of decline shown, this series shouldn’t have made it to season six.

29. Sue Lynn says:

SO sad. What an incredibly creative series! With a terrific cast of talented actors who brought integrity and life to the characters of GRIMM (the curtain call ending was a wonderful and meaningful tribute. The creative and imaginative writers presented us with believable creatures. FOX brought back “Prison Break”. Come ON! NBC! give us our “GRIMM”!! Hey! Showtime! HBO! So many of us will keep watch and Welcome! the continued success of every GRIMM star!! Curious to see if my comments will be kept intact by Variety.

30. Diane Suru says:

Really disappointed NBC does this all the time was one the best Friday night shows ,so sad.almost font want to start a series on NBC cause they cancel so fast. Thank you for a great show cast and crew.

31. William D. Dagley says:

Big mistake NBC !!! Why cancel one of the best!!! WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!

32. Louise says:

I have been watching Grimm since it all began why stop at all . the only my TV goes on its because of the Grimm please don,t end the show i really love the show and i don,t want it to ever end please reconsider there is only crap on the TV now a days Grimm is all i had to watch why NBC do you have to take it off …. why

33. I watched Grimm every Friday night like clock work …… please reconsider your choice of ending the series and bring them back …. I hate the crap that is taking all the good show’s spots If i see one more reality show come on …. I will sell my TV better yet I will give it away!!!! Super Bad Decision NBC come on please get with the program :(

34. Bobbie Dobbs says:

My husband and I have been watching Grimm since it started we love the show and really think it should have gone further with the kids growing up as intended please reconsider bringing it back we will miss it

35. Dongax says:

Merlin and Grimm is my favorite show on TV and they are all gone.

36. Rosetta says:

Please keep Grim going I wait every Friday to watch it with my husband we love it

37. Rob Mulholland says:

I’ve watched every episode in England loved it but I guess it’s not reality housewives tv ,you stink

38. Mori says:

NBC hope you guys are reading these comments. You guys wanted to end the show so bad you shortened the season. This show is unique, that’s why people like it. It is also an awesome show, unlike stupid reality tv. I think you guys need to do some more poling before canceling shows people actually watch.

39. Mori says:

Ending was disappointing somewhat. Why create Diana with so much power to be a wallflower? Also it would have been great to position the show that Juliet and Adelind somehow mixed themselves with the change spells and at the end things put them back as they should have been. Kelly was really Juliet’s child and she and Nick ended up together and she was no longer a hexin beast. Adelind is back with Renard.

40. Cheryl Macy says:

I will miss the show Grimn. I can only hope they will do a spin off of the show with maybe the kids and Nick. I loved the whole story. Too bad they cancelled it. But the ending was great.

41. Renee says:

Show hoooooole!😢 why end such an excellent series? I’m so sad to see it go.

42. Ddonna says:

Ditto for canceling a great show, with great cast, and great writing while keeping crap shows. Not just KHQ but many stations. Last two years have seen far too many cancellations of great shows. This is disappointing.

43. Sheree says:

😡Serious??? You keep crap on tv, but cancel the best shows-ugh!!!
    Got hooked via internet and have been a loyal fan ever since!!!❤️
    An interesting story, great cast, intriguing twists,…and you cancel it???
    Baffled, completely baffled!🤔

44. Teresa smith says:

Ive watched since the beginning and was excited to see rosealie and monroe become parents and now its over before that how ass 9 bring it back season 7 lets do this dame thing

45. Paula Rodgers says:

Please bring Grimm back. What an emotional ride this last episode was! I was screaming and crying at the same time. What can we do to bring it back for more episodes????

46. Majk says:

You have much stupid serials and cancel one good…..

47. Dan Martin says:

I can’t believe that GRIMM has come to an end !!!!! NBC you suck !!!!!

48. Shane Church says:

I Cannot beleave the way they ended Grimm it was a great ending but they better make a second series to Grimm cuz it’s not right to just stop makeing a great show for nothing that’s exactly what they did with terrornova series after the second season 😡👿 so there better make one

49. Kelly Baker says:

I am so disappointed! I have watched this show from the beginning! It was a great show! Why is it all the good shows are cancelled? There is so many horrible shows being aired. I’m starting to think you TV execs have no taste what so ever! You people suck!

50. Raymond says:

NBC!!!!!!!! Y’ALL TOOK AWAY A GOOD RATING SHOW. GRIMM WAS ON TOP WITH THE WALKING DEAD AND OTHER SUCCESSFUL POPULAR SHOWS. YOUR NETWORK WAS NOTHING ANYWAY. I hope Grimm returns 😭😭😭😭😭