‘Bloodline’ Ending After Season 3 on Netflix

Bloodline Netflix Renewed
Courtesy of Netflix

Netflix’s “Bloodline” will end after Season 3, Variety has confirmed.

“’Bloodline’ season three will be the show’s final season,” Netflix’s vice president of original content Cindy Holland said in a statement released to Variety. “Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler are thoughtful and visionary storytellers, who lead a prestigious cast, that includes Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn, who have both garnered two Emmy nominations for their roles on the series. Together, with our collaborative partners at Sony Pictures Television, they created a seductive show that Netflix viewers worldwide love and continue to discover. We are looking forward to the exciting climax KZK have in store for the series conclusion in May 2017.”

The series has been cancelled following its 2017 run, with its third season set to consist of 10 episodes. A premiere date for the final season has yet to be announced. “Bloodline” is produced by Sony Pictures Television, and it’s unclear whether the studio will shop the drama around following its conclusion on Netflix. The show films in Florida, where its first and second seasons were covered under the state’s entertainment tax incentives, but Florida opted to discontinue its credits program this year, making the series a more costly proposition moving forward.

“Bloodline” was created and exec produced by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler, and stars Kyle Chandler, Sissy Spacek, Linda Cardellini, Norbert Leo Butz, and Ben Mendelsohn. Chandler and Mendelsohn are both nominated for 2016 Emmy Awards for their work in the drama’s second season, and were previously nominated last year. Netflix renewed the show for Season 3 in July.

Speaking to Variety ahead of the show’s debut, Zelman admitted that the creators had plans for up to six seasons of “Bloodline,” should Netflix want them: “Even when we pitched the show we had ideas for what five, six seasons of the show could be because that was very important to us to think about ‘how does this evolve season by season?'”

1. Maria says:

Please don’t cancel this show!!! It’s a great show with a lot more to tell. It would be a shame to end it after only 3 seasons.

2. Georgia Quinn says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, reconsider canceling this show!! It is the best series I’ve ever watched! What a great cast and storyline…it never gets boring. Netflix could afford to keep it, maybe if enough people ask them to make more, they would consider it?? Please Cast & Crew!! You are so talented!!

3. Lisa D'Andrea says:

It is a shame that Bloodline has been canceled. Great show, amazing actors, intriging stroyline. I am dissappointed that there will only be three seasons.

4. MICHEL MEACHAM says:

Bull. Netflix monthly fees can easily pay for the show. When most of Netflix movies are 10 years old are more. Most there content are 1 and 2 stare movies. When hollywood is pushing out remakes after remakes Bloodline was a refreshing story line to fall in love woth.

5. Carol McNeill says:

Loved the series. So sorry to hear that it is ending after season three.

6. Maryellen macginley says:

One of the BEST NETFLIX series, so so sorry to see it’s being cancelled BUT WHY. A really well written and best actors to love, can’t believe it. So looking forward to season 3, maybe they’ll change their decision and keep writing.

7. Denver says:

I’ve read all the articles about this cancellation and their excuses are bullshit and don’t add up. Bullshit tax thing is a crock cuz if its such great show and hit as I think it is and from what I’ve read and seen from other sources and other comments below I’m right then money shouldn’t be a problem. There is no way they are losing that much money on it that Netflix and Sony can’t come up with an agreement that pleases them both. That’s the problem and why it’s canceled after S3. Not for tax bullshit and it cost a lot to make the show it’s the fact the two companies can’t agree on something cuz the shows writers I’ve spoken about where and how many Seasons they envisioned it and they were thinking 5 or 6 assuming where each season brought them to and how it evolve of course. So now S3 is gonna feel rushed and forced along with the ending!! S2 was written before the writers knew that S3 was gonna be the finale so S3 and the ending will be affected by that. If they wrote S2 knowing that S3 was it then I’m sure things would have been slightly diff! This will affect the series as a whole. S3 isn’t out yet so can’t know for sure but that’s my feelings on it! Writers go into a show with a plan and where they wanna take it and how many seasons they want to take it, and they already factor in how the story will evolve as the seasons go so they are writing S1 S2 with a longer end game in mind. That will affect it. If they Knew it would only be 3 then maybe it would turn out better but let’s hope S3 and the show as a whole doesn’t get affected by this and remains a great show but they should at least given them a 4th season to finish it the way they wanted to. Now that they wrote S3 to be the series finale no other network or provider to pick it up! Netflix fucked up on this one that’s for sure! Only a few good shows they have. Now one less isn’t good for them!!

8. k kelly says:

this was a great series !!! not GOT but it was in my back yard , raw , truthful and down and dirty!!! waiting for 3 but SO disappointed its not 6

9. rexcortez says:

I wouldn’t want Hulu to do it, though, because I wouldn’t want commercials. Or, I’d have to spend more to get the full version of Hulu and then carry $30 a month just for those 2 channels.

10. Jacqueline Horvath says:

Why would Netflix Cancel this show ??!!! It’s making me want to cancel NETFLIX !! The Best show they have had!! I hope Hulu picks it up !! Wow

11. Chris Manning says:

I’m perplexed. I normally have to wade through a morass of bad Netflix TV shows in hopes of finding one as good as Bloodline. The only reason I still subscribe is because, once in a blue moon, they produce an original, well-made, well-acted show that’s actually worth binge-watching. Bloodline was the next best thing to Breaking Bad and now Netflix is canceling it?! Who makes these ridiculous decisions?

12. Gail stefy says:

I am so sorry to see this show is being cancelled. I have been waiting for season 3 so I decided to check, only see that it has been cancelled…dang!

13. julie l finnegan says:

Best series TV show we have ever seen!! It is a shame to cancel a show so well acted, thoughtful, and interesting. It always keeps you guessing! Please do not cancel!!!! We love this show!!

14. C. Angelucci says:

I hope someone else picks up this show because it’s the best I’ve seen in a long time. Netflix is stupid to give it up. Just binge-watched the first 2 seasons and can’t wait for season 3.

15. Joan says:

PLEASE do not cancel this show. I swear I just watch the entire two season in five days.Yes Kyle Chandler is sexy. All the show actors are awesome, however I must share this mischievous grin. The actor Norbert Butz (Kevin on the show) gets on my last nerves. But he keeps the show going with his mess…LOL…

16. Tracy Lawyer says:

Out of all the shows Netflix has that are not worth watching, you finally get a great show and decide to cancel! Who makesthe decsions anyways? Makes no sense to me. Pathetic

17. Cathy Hedrick says:

I love Bloodline. I just looked up date for Season 3 release & sadly see it has been cancelled after 3rd season. I hope someone picks it up to continue filming. So many wonderful stars on the show. I love them all. I always follow Kyle Chandler in anything & Sissy Spacek & I love Ben Mendelson.

18. Laurie Couillard says:

Bets series on TV – I actually signed up for Netflix just to watch it and hope for others just as good. Am disappointed to hear it’s cancelled – would love to know when the final episodes will air.

19. Kelley Carpenter says:

This is the best series in my opinion Netflix has aired. It’s sexy,exciting as well as suspensful. I go from watching one episode anticipating the next. I even reward waiting for the next season. I think netflix is making a huge mistake by not carrying season four. Take advantage of this to snatched it up one of you other networks you won’t be sorry.

20. Gail Mees says:

Please keep making more seasons of Bloodline. I love Kyle Chandler he is an awesome actor with his own expressions and voice. I can relate to the Keys, Marathon, Islamorada, and I lived in Florida City, Florida with a husband who was a cop in Florida City. Character, John plays like it is. All the cast except Meg is
    perfect. I’m 77 years old and could write you a book!!! Thanks, Gail Mees 251-253-3039.

21. Gail Mees says:

I watched Bloodlines 1 & 2 and loved it. I was married to Sgt. Mees of Florida PD quintile

22. Vickie says:

This is one of my favorite shows. Please Netflix, don’t cancel this show.

23. Julie Hoffman says:

Please don’t cancel! I want to see more and everyone else does too!

24. Jeannine Theakos says:

OMG love this show, I think the most touching part was when John is getting Danny to boat and drops him he holds his head and is crying. He’s so sad this is his brother he lives him, what he did was a build up of what Danny has done, but he still loves him, anyone with several brothers and sisters can relate to, you love them but at times you could kill them, love it !!!!!

25. Nancy says:

Don’t cancel this show. I enjoy it too much. Have rewatched S1 and S2 twice! Need my fix! Figure out a way Netflix!

26. annie says:

this is the best series on TV.. something my husband sat down to watch with me! & he’s not easy to please! but seriously please continue this series!

27. Jeanie Mc says:

I agree. It is seductive and real. (Really sweaty most of the time!). I need my fix of Kyle Chandler on a weekly basis!

28. Todd says:

If Florida doesn’t give a tax credit I’ll bet the Bahamas might. Move the whole show to Nassau. Work a new hotel into the plot line. C’mon Netflix how hard can this be?

29. Andy says:

Cmon Netflix! This show is too good to cancel after season three. Look how many people love it!

30. Audra says:

We love this series! Don’t cancel after season 3!

31. Patti McCreary says:

Please do not cancel this show. We absolutely love it and it is one of the best shows currently airing as well as in recent past. It is intriguing, thought provoking and intelligent. That is a rare combination these days. We are looking forward to season 3 and sincerely hoping the series will be continued.

32. Margaret says:

This show is by far the best series out there. Please find a way to continue it past season 3. Please!!!

• Jade says:

This show is one of the best. It’s brilliantly written, not predictable, filled with excitement and drama and the scenery is spectacular. The Actors are amazing, please leave leave the firewrks on.

33. Sonia Memms says:

This is THEE BEST SHOW EVER! I just binge watched it in 4 days! The only one that compared was Dexter, and it was a shame that that one had to end as well. PLEEEEASE NETFLIX keep this show going!

34. Darlene Tapp says:

I’m so upset with hearing about this! I love Bloodline and would love to see more series! Don’t ruin it for people like me, who really love this series!

35. Katherine Shepard says:

Maybe amazon will pick it up.

36. Donna Cassino says:

Bloodline is a great series. I was hoping or many more seasons, not just one Continue it, please!

37. Sheri says:

You have got to be kidding me right now!! This series is THE best series on Netflix. I hope another network picks this show up.

38. Deborah Bump says:

P.S. Hope another network picks it up like done with Nashville (CMT) and Bill Maher (HBO).

39. Deborah Bump says:

I am so PO’d. This is one of the best of Netflix. BS excuse. You really need to continue the series.

40. karen says:

Really love this show and I can’t beleive they can’t find coastline similar to florida that would be cost effective. I think it’s a lame excuse Netflix. I would think you would want to keep your viewers happy. Lots of competition out there.

41. Joanna says:

This show is fantastic. My husband and I. Annoy get enough of it. Such sad news that this show will be canceled, BIG MISTAKE!

42. marcia says:

Really hate they are cancelling this show. Love this show and hope it will continue.

43. larry says:

love it, love it, love it, make MORE!

44. Nancy R Barber says:

Just found this show and binge watched the two seasons out so far! Love it and DON’T understand cancelling it!! WTF??

45. Greg says:

well that sucks. i love this show.

46. Leanne Smith says:

I can’t believe season 3 will be th final season, this show has enough potential for 5 or 6 seasons. This show is one of the best out there. I hope there will still be a way we ca watch the other seasons.. even if it costs money. I and many others will be willing to pay a reasonable price to fins this series.

47. Linda Harris says:

I love this show and am sad that’s it is cancelled

48. Greg says:

Story needed to be wrapped up. No way to keep up the current state of affairs without things getting ridiculous. Really enjoyed it so far, but not upset knowing that there is a defined ending.

49. Just loved it, such impressive series, I can’t believe a story can be this good. Just discovered and finished watching 2 seasons in 2 days, couldn’t put the phone down…I really hope Netflix will show all 6 seasons…I wish it never to end, loved it!!!👍👌💐💐💐💐💐

50. Jay says:

Canceled after season 3. Netflix must be out of there minds.Such a great show. Cudos to cast and writers. Time to cancel my Netflix after season.