Ainsley Earhardt to Join Fox News’ ‘Fox & Friends’ as Co-Host

Ainsley Earhardt Fox and Friends
Henry Lamb/Photowire/BEI/REX Shutterstock

Ainsley Earhardt will get a one-hour reprieve over at Fox News Channel.

After serving as co-host on early-bird program “Fox & Friends First” at 5 a.m., she will take on the co-host role at “Fox & Friends,” which starts on Fox News Channel an hour later.

As such, Earhardt, who joined Fox News Channel in 2007 after working for local CBS stations, will take over the role previously filled by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who stepped down from the program late last year, citing a desire to spend more time with family.

She will  debut alongside hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade on February 29. A rotating set of co-hosts will take Earhardt’s place on “Fox & Friends First” until a replacement is named, the 21st Century Fox-owned network said Tuesday.

Earhardt began her career at Fox News Channel as a correspondent. During her tenure on “Fox & Friends First,” she has served as a substitute co-host for both “Fox & Friends” during the week and on weekends. She has served as an anchor for KENS-TV  in San Antonio, Texas, and WLTX-TV  in Columbia, S/C.

“Ainsley’s relentless work ethic, congeniality and enthusiasm for connecting with our viewers and staff are extremely refreshing,” said Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News Channel, in a statement. “She’s a superb team player and an excellent on-air host – we look forward to her joining the show during such a pivotal news year.”

1. William Kondas says:

Opp’s, now what do you do. Annsley is a “nice” person but the wrong person to bring Brian and Steve together. She just dose not have the likeability. Anna Koimann knocked it out of the park. Brian and Steve seemed to blend together. You can see it in there face when she is asking questions. To me they seem embarrassed. She is a goody to shoe, which your program is not. I will keep watching because of Heather Nauret. She is the best, she brings the balance, joking and she is much better looking than Ainsley. (and why is she always pulling on her dress at her waist) Another good choice would have been Heather Childress. (not sure on spelling) You had so many great folks who work at Fox. You could have went outside. If there is a way to back her out you should do it. There is a place for her at Fox News but not Fox AND Friends.

• William Kondas says:

2. Richard says:

Ainsley shut-up get out of your self and quite trying to be the whole show

3. Charlie Gonzalez says:

It was disappointing to see Ainsley join with Doocy and Kilmeade in demeaning Ted Cruz. I liked her, but I feel it was less than professional to criticize Mr. Cruz. I will no longer watch their program.

4. I followed Allison over to CNN. Steve and Brian have just gotten too snarky for me. I agree, Anna would have made a good choice. I’m just glad Elizabeth is gone, she was horrible.

5. J says:

Kooiman should have gotten the job!

6. Sandy says:

Anna Kooiman deserved the job.She is smart, bubbly makes you smile everytime she is on. She brings that morning lift to get up and go in the morning. Stop hiring boring people. Didn’t watch when Hasselbeck was on boring…thought u might of had a chance for a comeback.

• Ralph Walton says:

Yes Sandy, Anna should have got that job. Ainsley is better than Elizabeth, but she would be my last last choice. She cant even hold a conversation w/o saying something goofy. From other hosts on Fox, Brian and Steve are very disappointed with her.. I give her about another year and she also will be asked to resign….Anna we all love you and u really make my day when I turn you on weekends.

7. Carole expat in Dubai says:

Great choice. I was rooting for Ainsley! Hope they give Leah her position…great group to choose from!

8. Candice Rader says:

Perfect choice! Love Ainsley’s work. I had stopped watching Fox & Friends because I could not stand Elizabeth, never liked her on The View, but you finally have a winning combination with this young woman and Steve and Brian. Can’t wait, I will not be missing the show anymore!

9. Chan says:

Good choice. If you don’t like her you may be a homo.

10. I am so excited for you. Love your sweet smile!