’60 Days In’ Renewed for Season 2 Ahead of Series Premiere on A&E

60 Days in TV Review AE
Courtesy of A&E

A&E has renewed new docu-series “60 Days In” for Season 2 ahead of its series premiere on Thursday, the cabler announced Tuesday.

The series follows innocent participants who enter the dangerous world of incarceration at the Clark County Jail in Jeffersonville, Indiana, to shed light on the realities of the correctional system.

“’60 Days In’ is the perfect example of A&E’s unique brand of disruptive non-fiction storytelling that takes viewers outside of their comfort zone,” said A&E EVP and Head of Programming Elaine Frontain Bryant. “As soon as footage from Season 1 began to come in, we knew we had something special and we immediately ordered a second season. We hope viewers will share our passion for this groundbreaking series.”

Due to the facility’s recent corrupt history, Sheriff Jamey Noel initially devised this program to have participants live among the facility’s general population for 60 days without officers, fellow inmates, or staff knowing their secret. To re-implement the program, the second set of participants completed their time in the facility before any prison staff or officers were aware of the program, ensuring secrecy and their safety. Clark County Correctional Jail houses approximately 500 prisoners, with inmates serving time for everything from drug dealing to capital murder. Just as in the first season, Season 2 volunteers were followed by hundreds of cameras planted throughout the jail.

Season 1 premieres Thursday, March 10 at 9 p.m., while Season 2 will follow eight new participants and premiere later this year. Variety critic Brian Lowry described the series as “an undeniably compelling if highly questionable concept” in his Season 1 review.

“60 Days In” is produced by Lucky 8 TV for A&E Network. Executive producers for Lucky 8 TV are Gregory Henry, Kimberly Woodard and Jeff Grogan. Executive producers for A&E Networks are Frontain Bryant, Shelly Tatro, Drew Tappon and Brad Holcman.

1. Misty Wilson says:

But isn’t JAIL SUPPOSED TO SUCK!!!

2. Patricia hines says:

Are these people doing this just to help the jail out or they doing it just too see how people really act in jail, are they getting paid to do this show and how much are they getting paid?

3. Alun says:

Can you please tell me when season 2 starts in the UK and what channel we loved season 1 and we are really looking forward to season 2
    Thanks… alun+San

4. Michele Dejesus says:

I would love to participate in the show 60 days in, any day anytime I would love to participate in this program
    Anything to help improve Clark County prison

5. Michael D.Liles says:

This was a pretty good insight what goes on behind bars. I sent some time in a Texas Prison and there is a lot more that goes on behind bars. In my opinion the inmates were pretty tame because of the cameras being in there. I’d like to see if they some how do it to where there are no camera men in there just hidden cameras on the participates like make them wear glasses. That would show what truely goes on inside of jails and prisons. And Robert the way he acted he would have gotten a beat down the first day in a Texas preison. And Jeff I think was his name well selling his bunk for commissary, and trading his tray for commissary made him out to be weak. In most jails and prisons if he was a real inmate, they would have made wear kool-offs (kool-aid) as lipstick and be someone’s “girlfriend” with in a weak. He would wouldn’t survive unless he paid protection. I’ve seen it many times while I was incarcerated. I was lucky that I knew how to handle myself, and never backed down. If you show them your not a push over and they are not just going to run you over you can make it and in.most part leave you alone. You will be tested. I give A&E producers props for doing this, it does show somewhat what goes on inside a jail. Can’t wait for the second season. I know if the inmates are watching you bet that they will be betting on who will last the whole 60 days. I knew that Jeff wouldn’t and didn’t think Robert would either. I didn’t think Barbra would either but she surprised me. And Jeff wanting to be a Prison Guard he wouldn’t make it, inmates would eat him up, they would have him bring in stuff in for them. Just my opinion. Again great Job A&E.

6. Carolyn says:

Absolutely obsessed with this show. My neighbor says its reality tv and take it with a grain of salt. I don’t care….I love it. After watching this series Zac is the new main man of tv. A retired Marine….he’s the best one on the show! I could watch him all day long : )

7. Harlen says:

How can they go undercover with cameras following them!! Lol, to funny!!

8. mike eller says:

This is bull. It does not reflect a true jail demographic of black and hispanic inmates. Quit trying to see and tell the true story A&E. Not just what sells.