Taylor Swift Irked by ‘Misogynistic’ Kanye West Lyrics, Says Rep

Kanye Taylor Swift Bitch New Lyrics
Chelsea Lauren/REX Shutterstock

UPDATED: Taylor Swift is not amused with Kanye West’s “famous” new lyrics.

According to the pop star’s publicist, Swift didn’t approve of the new song “Famous,” which debuted during West’s “Yeezy Season 3” event on Thursday. The track includes a few digs at Swift: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex. Why? I made that bitch famous.”

“Kanye did not call for approval but to ask Taylor to release his single ‘Famous’ on her Twitter account,” her spokesman said of the track. “She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, ‘I made that bitch famous.'”

West tried to clear the air on Friday morning, tweeting up a storm in which he said both his wife, Kim Kardashian, and Swift approved the lyrics.

“I did not diss Taylor Swift and I’ve never dissed her … First thing is I’m an artist and as an artist I will express how I feel with no censorship. … 2nd thing I asked my wife for her blessings and she was cool with it. … 3rd thing I called Taylor and had an hour-long convo with her about the line and she thought it was funny and gave her blessings.”

He went as far as to say that the lyric was Swift’s idea.

“5th thing I’m not even gone take credit for the idea … it’s actually something Taylor came up with … She was having dinner with one of our friends whose name I will keep out of this and she told him I can’t be mad at Kanye because he made me famous! #FACTS”

West then said that he was being demonized and forced to compromise his art with politically-correct lyrics.

“Stop trying to compromise art. That’s why music is so f—ing watered down right now. I miss that DMX feeling. … I miss that feeling so that’s what I want to help restore. … They want to control us with money and perception and mute the culture. … but you can see at Madison Square Garden that you can’t stop us … It felt like a scene from ‘The Warriors’ ALL GODS ALL GODS ALL GODS in the building. Not just the famous people there, but the kids, the moms, the dads, the families that came to share this moment with us.”

The lyrics raised a few eyebrows on social media after debuting on Tidal’s live stream.

Swift’s younger brother, Austin, was among Kanye’s biggest critics, posting a clip of himself throwing out a pair of Yeezy shoes on Instagram with the caption: “Getting a head start on some spring cleaning. Here we go again.”

In 2009, West famously interrupted Swift during her win at the MTV Video Music Awards, but the two seemed like they made up at last year’s Grammy Awards.

West’s new album, “The Life of Pablo,” has not been officially released, despite playing in its entirety at the Madison Square Garden event on Thursday.

Marketplace

1. Frank says:

Kanye is a dumbass with no talent.

2. Kristina says:

So Kayne wants all of us to be “politically correct” but he shouldn’t be. Typical hypocrite….

3. I like how all I can see Kanye as is that guy that made hot beats for everyone back in the day, and for his first three albums.

It’s funny now that for all he’s done, all his charities, speaking out against, classism, racism and homophobia, all it takes is an ill-advised feud with a pop star to make people into fully fledged psychologists on the man.

Kanye West does dumb shit that people, including myself don’t agree with. But at the end of the day?

Gonna take this in stride, download whatever song of his I think is hot and keep it moving.

4. D.Pine says:

He’s imploding, scrambling and grasping for straws.
      His wife and her family won’t let his cray cray tarnish their brand.
      I feel bad for Kim, the blatant disrespect he showed his wife and I feel bad for Taylor, the object of his jealousy and hate.

5. georgio says:

swift lives matter

6. gyleches says:

The only thing Kanye West is is an a**h*le. When will someone in Hollywood stand up and call out this jerk? I’m betting he will do his usual whinger routine at the Grammys again this year; once again taking away someone’s moment of glory in winning. Of course security won’t keep him off and no one will tell him to get the F off the stage because they’re all suck ups to this megalomaniac.

7. Jackson W says:

Once again Kanye proves he’s total trash. Scumbag.

8. Hail to the rise of “Famous Ghetto Trailer Park Trash”..with manners of a hog, running up on stage twice so far snatching the mic and awards out of Beck and Taylor’s hand. He picked two weaker people to snatch the mic and award from. Someone like 50 cent would’ve jack his rear end

9. Butch Eyler says:

Look up asshole in dictionary and found 2 meanings, one was a body part. The other was Kayne West!

10. JM in SoCal says:

He described his act as “art.” He got nowhere with me.

11. A says:

I hope she sues the hell out of that worthless snot bag. She even warned him and he ignored her. Not to mention, what kind of monstrous kind of gross is this idiot for smearing a real person in song lyrics? And what kind of hopeless idiot calls a woman a bitch without her permission and then calls it endearing. Between his snafu at the awards ceremony a few years back and this garbage, that kid Kanye is an entitled artist with some mental problems. Sue him so he doesn’t bother you any longer, Taylor.

12. This hopelessly vulgar man is dying to worship the ground Taylor walks on but his pride and his ill manners make him say and do all these sociopathic things.

He’s had it on with this gorgeous goddess for quite sometime now. He feels like he “…and Taylor might still have sex.” He is so delusional in his obsession that he doesn’t realize he is way out of his league.

In any other case a woman would have put a restraining order on the man but this is Kanye West, folks.

And imagine the media and public outrage if in a reverse case a White man would harass Beyonce for years as Kanye West has been harassing Taylor Swift. A second Civil War outbreak guaranteed.

• gyleches says:

He did it last year to Beck also. Of course no one has the balls to tell him to get the hell off the stage.

• Eagle in NYC says:

It’s like a school boy dipping the girl’s pigtail in the inkwell (before my time), to get her attention by annoying her. And Kandy is cloyingly annoying.

But, to your other point, white men aren’t attracted to Bouncy, or KK the overstuffed munchkin, for that matter. And I also suspect Kandy is more attracted to white men than he is to either Swift or KK. (I’m just sayin’… )

And you’re right that this is all defense mechanisms kicking in to shield his fragile ego from reality. He’s intimidated by Swift. By her beauty, by her stature (much taller than he), by her talent (much greater than his). And this all first gobsmacked the world when he breathlessly rushed on stage to snatch her award years ago. Anyone with a brain knew this little boy was out of control. And he hasn’t reined it in. If anything, his obsession has gotten worse.

It’s like Michael Jackson building a shrine in his bedroom to Elizabeth Taylor. Gay men put female icons (Marilyn Monroe was another favorite) on a pedestal for worship as untouchable beauties, but then actually get their rocks off with little boys. They deify a single woman to rationalize why they’re so intimidated by women in general.

Poor little Kandy.

13. Bill Thomas says:

The only thing dumber than kanye is his big assed wife who is only famous for doing black guys. His music sucks just like kim

14. Tony Tads says:

Taylor swift culture vs kanye west culture. you make the call. hint ! one is a low life.

15. Marcos Lee says:

Didn’t Nicki Minag diss Swift at the Grammys? Whazzzup Sisters and Brothers?

16. Joe Drager says:

Apparently this Ho does not understand the black man.

17. green machine says:

One no talent calling out another no talent. Yep, i think its about time for the asteroid to help flush it all away.

18. Yesmeansnomeanyes says:

It’s called free speech

• Spider says:

So this POS can call her a ‘bit(h’, but I can’t call him the ‘N’ word? Because only a ‘N’ word would refer to a young lady as a “bit(h”, especially when she isn’t.

• one who knows talent and Taylor has talent says:

Kanye West is nothing more than your than your common street negro, he has no class, (nor do the Kardashian’s, just a foreign family of pigs), he has no social redeeming values, don’t under his songs, just wish he’d drop off the face of the earth. PERIOD.

19. If art is self obsessed, self interested, rude, classless, and vain then sure. Otherwise, there is no art in his music.

20. Bob Suyak says:

West: always showing he is always the biggest ass in the family.

21. Z. G. says:

Dear Mr. West,

20 years from now how would you feel if someone just wrote what they thought about your daughter referring to her as a female dog? Because freedom of speech blah blah blah. Whatever happened to being kind courteous and really what world problem did you have by being rude to Taylor Swift a second time?

BTW, Ms. Swift is famous because her music is warm, kind and funny and easy to sing along. In addition, she has shown her kindness and generosity by speaking up on behalf of other people. Really what have you done to make this world a better place.

Frankly, neither you nor your wife can see past your own noses because you are so self absorb.

22. Gregory says:

To All Taylor Swift Fans: Please post the following:

” I made Taylor Swift famous ! “

23. Tammy Terrell says:

Kanye is to art as oil is to water.

24. Dibella says:

“Stop trying to compromise art.”

Silly nigger, you don’t make art. Now go make Kim a sandwich, monkey.

25. JSpicoli says:

Tell us all how it is you stupid egomaniac with no sense of community or foresight.

26. John houston says:

I absolutely hate kanyey west , I hate his weird and grotesque wife who’s azz is as big as the vack end of a car and NO that’s not cool and most people if the world are laughing at you NOT admiring that grotesque azz !

Taylor swift would be wise to keep her distance from Kanye west the guy is mentally ill and mentally unstable and that’s based on his own actions ! He’s liable to pull a gun out and shoot her as west is that far gone and clearly has some kind of jealousy hate at Taylor swift !

In Addition swift should sue west over those lyrics which is clearly bullying her and for her to even associate with this nut job only damages her image and cost her money as everyone I know HATES Kanye west and freak crazy , grotesque Kim kardashian ! Bad examples for children !

27. mike white says:

Im so glad Kanye West came at this generic bitch T. Swift. Kanye is beyond the level of T.S. I wish the worst to the Swift clan.

28. Sheepleherder says:

Folks are only now discovering he’s a misogynist?

29. makiwars says:

Kandy is intimidated by Swift. Straight up.

That’s why he’s obsessed with her.

And he’s done nothing BUT dis her.

On stage. In his music. In his heart. (Do they make them that small?)

He’s like a sad little, no-talent groupie.

Taylor: Just say “no”. No to him. Cut him out like the cancer he is.

30. joebu says:

I hate celebrity crap but i think it’s funny if you google kayne west’s networth vs taylor swift’s networth… (90 Mil. vs 280 Mil. respectively) seems like taylor is doing just fine without kayne despite his best efforts to stay relevant.

31. Logan Miller says:

Who in their right mind even cares what a tool like Kanye West says/does? What a degenerate.

32. Greg says:

Hip-hop lyrics are misogynist? Who knew?

33. SH says:

All rap is misogynistic bitch.

34. denisdee says:

I knew who Taylor was long before Kim Kardashian made Kanye famous

35. West is a no-talent, racist, mentally ill dick hole.

Never gonna happen, Kanye. Not all white girls are hungering for you. Just the skanky ones named Kardashian.

36. boris says:

I thought he was dead!

37. Taylor Swift nominations: 535, awards: 239, age: 26

Kanye West nominations: 369, awards: 92, age: 38.

Who made who famous you no talent, lying hack?!?

38. Mary Mac says:

OK, white artists are expected to be totally PC for fear of being called racists. To say that he still thinks Taylor Swift might still have sex with him is just denigrading to her and kinda disgusting. His ego is out of control His hatred of whites is well known, He can say anything about a white artist but god forbid a white artist say one unpleasant word about a black artist. That would be wrong and racist.

39. Charles says:

I could care less about Swift or West but I would sure love to knock Kanye’s punk ass out!

40. Charles says:

I could care less about Swift or West but I would sure lover to knock Kanye’s punk ass out!

41. bryan says:

Kanye calling himself an artist reminds me of the story about the king with no clothes

42. Land of Oz says:

“I’m an artist and as an artist I will express how I feel with no censorship.” “Stop trying to compromise art. That’s why music is so f—ing watered down right now.”

I’m a consumer and as a consumer, I will express how I feel about your “art” by spending my hard earned money on “art” other than yours that is “watered down” and eschews the use of four letter words. That applies to Taylor’s “art” as well.

43. Obastard says:

Kayne is a racist thug who shoyuld be in jail

44. Truth on the march says:

Who is this creep that he gets to bully and harass her year after year. I wish she would date Toby Keith and that would be the end of Kanye’s nonsense.

45. Mike Arvand says:

It’s Kayne. Everything he says and does is racist and sexist. It’s who he is.

46. DX says:

“She’s an actress, She’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress.” – lyrics by Taylor Swift, queen of misogyny and hypocrisy

• DX says:

I agree, Swift’s lyrics are pretty weak. She can attack multiple women in her songs, then say “there’s a special place in h___ for women who don’t support other women.” Speaking out both sides of her mouth. But if any of her victims or others dare criticize Swift, then that’s wrong and they have to be Swiftly dealt with by The Taygency. Such hypocrisy. I could care less what Kanye does, it’s just incredible people are blind to the terrible things Taylor says about others.

47. Jmaaa says:

ok..so let me get this straight..it’s ok for him to be sexist and he wants to go back to a time when people can say whatever they want without worrying about offending people…because, well it’s just art. Ok, I’m cool with that DB.

48. Malik Ojibdobo says:

Kanye is nothing but a disgusting racist pig. I’ve gotten to the point where I will not watch or listen to any ‘black’ entertainers anymore. Beyonce, Kanye, and every single rapper sucks.

49. Busybeferal says:

Just because he is famous does not mean he has any class. He is acting a bit feral for someone that has had such success. I truly hope he is able to become a better man being and be an example we can all appreciate.

More Music News from Variety