Josh Brolin and Miles Teller to Star in Firefighter Action Movie ‘No Exit’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Josh Brolin Miles Teller
Rex Shutterstock

Josh Brolin and Miles Teller are set to star in the firefighter action movie “No Exit,” sources tell Variety.

“Tron: Legacy” helmer Joseph Kosinski is directing the pic, which tells the true story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, a group of firefighters that faced one of the deadliest wildfires in history in order to save an Arizona town, resulting in the tragic death of 19 crew members.

Ken Nolan developed the story on spec with the producers.

Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Erik Howsam, Jeremy Steckler, Dawn Ostroff, Mike Menchel, Black Label Media’s Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill are producing the film. Black Label is financing.

No production start date has been set for the film.

In the past year, Brolin has appeared in “Everest,” “Sicario” (which was also a Black Label media production) and, most recently, the Coen brothers’ black comedy “Hail, Caesar!” He’s also just finished shooting “The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter” opposite Danny McBride and is set to reteam with his “Hail Caesar!” co-star George Clooney on Clooney’s next directorial effort “Suburbicon.”

Teller has “The Divergent Series: Allegiant” bowing next month, and the Todd Phillips movie “War Dogs” premiering on Aug. 19. He is currently filming the PTSD drama “Thank You For Your Service” at DreamWorks.

CAA, which also reps the film, also reps both actors. Teller is also repped by Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher.

1. Pam says:

I want to see a trailer !
    Thanks

2. C.L. Lynne says:

HOLLYWOOD GO HOME -!- and leave the Prescott community in peace; we’re all still
    healing and don’t need restimulation. Continued PEACE and HEALING for all survivors
    of these brave men.

3. Grant McKee says:

I get how difficult the movie will be for the family members and loved one”s, but this is going to happen regardless of that fact. I am the father and the uncle to 2 of those incredible men. Grant was my only child and I still have to be strong for him until the end of my own story here on earth. I will will not buckle or give in to the hurtful events that come my way. They are counting on us to persevere all things. I can tell you that, the book” on the burning edge”, took great liberties , and wrote things that simply were not true. My son was far from a latch key kid, he never worked as a bartender( he was only 21 for 6 weeks), and other thing statements that were not true. The author made no attempt to contact me in any way. So I only speak for myself, but I have accepted that these things will take place no matter what, and I keep my focus on what the truth is and I refuse to allow hurtful things get in the way of the good I must continue here on earth in the name of my son Grant. Last year I gave out 5 college scholarships in his name , and this year, 2016, there will be 8. That’s what he would expect me to do……. Persevere all things. I’m still his daddy and he will always be my hero.

4. Lynn says:

Picked up the book on the Granite Mountain Hotshots and had to put it back. With loved ones in the wildland fireifghting community, a “movie” about these real lives lost, seems explotive.

5. j says:

It is beyond belief that these guys would make a movie out of such a tragedy for 19 families plus the one survivor. The dirtbag, money grubbing, Hollywood idiots don’t care about the families or their thoughts, they have not been contacted about this. Josh Brolin and Miles Teller get a life and make money elsewhere.

6. Crystal says:

I don’t understand how anyone can say that Miles Teller has sex appeal. He is one of the least sexy young actors in Hollywood and his smug attitude in interviews doesn’t make it better.

7. Sharron Hammer says:

Miles Teller is going to be the next superstar! He just has that magical sex appeal without lifting a finger. He’s definitely got it goin’ on!!!!

8. Silas says:

At last, an existentialist firefighter action movie.

9. Dave says:

I thought Vincent Chase was originally attached to this project?