Facebook Live Q&A with Tom Hiddleston – Watch Now!

Tom Hiddleston Career Moves
Yu Tsai for Variety

Variety will host a live chat on Facebook Thursday evening with actor Tom Hiddleston!

The Q&A will be streamed right here as well as on Variety’s Facebook page beginning at 5:15 p.m. PT/8:15 p.m. ET.

Submit your questions in the comments section below.

Hiddleston, star of Marvel’s “The Avengers” and the upcoming “Kong: Skull Island,” recently picked up his first-ever Emmy nomination for AMC’s “The Night Manager.” He was nominated for best actor in a limited Series/TV movie.

Hiddleston has been busy shooting “Thor: Ragnarok” in Australia opposite Chris Hemsworth and Cate Blanchett.

Watch the video below:

1. Dear Tom when will I see you in Denmark ?.
    I am a big fan and you are a fabelous actor and person. Want so much to meet you,

2. Kellie kritz says:

Hello Tom love you as loki and did binge watch your night manager

3. Krystal says:

Do you really believe what you preach?

4. Jordan Hudson says:

Will you ever want to come to Georgia to film any movies? Sorry if it sounds weird but i always wanted to meet you but im stuck all the way down here in the south lol also i love the way you play loki!

5. Margarita García says:

How was your experience working with the director Susanne Bier?

6. First of all, congratulations on your Emmy nomination ! Every time I watch The Night Manager my heart beats faster, that is how nervous I get ! I was wondering how does it feel to play a spy ? I read once an article where you said that being a spy nowadays would be really hard. I know I would never be able to be one. I mean, all the social networks, apps and other things we use basically every day now can be both helpful and dangerous at the same time for everything can be used against us. One can find information about other people within seconds! How did you build your character, what did you start with, what did you take into consideration? Where there any characters that inspired you while preparing for the role ? I must say that I enjoy your acting in general, whether it is in a movie, TV series or a play, that is why I am so curious about how you work. I wish you further successes and challenging role offers ;)

7. Maddie says:

Congratulations on your Emmy nomination you did a great job with the singing and the southern accent. My question is what types of qualities do you look for in a character or scripts before you decide on whether or not you would want to take that role? You have played a lot of characters such as Loki ( who in a major term paper I argued embodies the key characteristic of a trickster as an amoral being instead of immoral being) who are morally ambiguous. Are those the types of characters you most enjoy playing? Also do you do a ton of research for your roles such as reading the original Norse mythology? Thank you for your time and good luck at the Emmys!!

8. Holly says:

Hey Tom, congratulations on your emmy nom! Its been a long time coming. I was wondering if after portraying Hank Williams do you think you’ll be doing anymore singing roles? Lots of love from Wisconsin. ❤️

9. Susan Friedman says:

Hi Tom! I loved watching the broadcast of Coriolanus! You and the entire cast were amazing! Will you be doing more stage work anytime soon? If so, will it be broadcast worldwide again?

10. Isadora says:

Tom, what is the one thing that by the age of 35 you haven’t achieved yet that you’d like to ?

11. Hi Tom I first congratulate you on your nomination to the Emmys. You are an extraordinary person and my question is … If you identify with your character Jonathan pine in their personality? … Greetings and kisses from Mexico I’m your fan for 6 years and always will be 😊

12. millerfilm says:

Okay, I know this has ZERO CHANCE of getting asked, but you all you that you’d love to hear the answer!: Hey, Tom, since Taylor puts her endless string of boyfriends through so much public humiliation, does she at least know what she’s doing in the sack? #YoureWelcome

13. Nanci D. Lucey says:

Hi Tom:
    First congratulations on your Emmy Nomination!! Now, my question is this: Since we all know how you love to dance and are so good at it, would you like to be in a movie musical and do tap dancing in it? I’m sure you’d be fantastic at it too. Thanks so much for all you do!

14. Virginia Balfour says:

I’ve read the novel The Night Manager, was there a particular reason why Pine did not go to Quebec Canada? I wish he had.

15. Amy Houser says:

Barack Obama tweeted a playlist today that included Denise LaSalle’ Trapped By A Thing Called Love!
    We miss your Song Of The Day posts, can you tell us what you’ve been listening to?

16. Alice Clarke says:

Q for Tom: when something feels unnatural or uncomfortable in a scene, what can/do you do to make it feel and appear less so ?

17. ms says:

go to facebook they don’t have the feed here.

18. Tom, what do you think about the scene from the book (The Night Manager) of Jonathan simulating diarrhea? Personally I think it is the greatest one and I regret it is not in to the series. Also you have same thoughts or that scene is indifferent to you? And which scene was the hardest to play for you personaly?

19. Kristina A. says:

Admittedly, I have been a fan for quite some time … and I wonder this with any celebrity … Do you ever long for peace and quiet? A walk along a beach without cameras shuttering at every step? I applaud you and anyone in show business … it can’t imagine it is always easy. Yet, I imagine it is heartwarming to see how many fans you do have around the world. Did you ever in a million years think that you would be where you are now?

20. Evy says:

If you had to choose only ONE Jonathan Pine persona -complete with legend – for YOURSELF, and HAD TO live with it for awhile – WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
    ***Great job – Exceptional work, good Luck with the Emmys!** Evy in New Mexico

21. Where is the link to watch this?

22. Jane Doughe says:

Who would win in a fight – Hulk versus King Kong?

23. Christina Jones says:

Which of Pine’s personas would you say best matches your own?

24. Merrick says:

Tom, what similarities/differences do you see between Angela Burr and Peggy Carter? Thanks <3

25. Dawn Richardson says:

Following your brilliant performance as Hank Williams in “I Saw the Light”, is there a big-screen adaptation of a Broadway musical that you would enjoy doing?

26. jessica says:

hi tom so far you’ve played some really interesting and wonderful roles i was wondering which one was your favourite to play and why thank you

27. Brooke says:

What would you be if you weren’t an actor and why?

28. Karla Papaqui says:

Hi, Tom! Thanks for being here with us.
    My question is: which director was the hardest/most complex to work with, and why?
    Greetings from Mexico!

29. Anne Eisele says:

Having done so many interviews like this (with more to come tomorrow), I’m curious what is one question/topic you’ve never been asked in an interview but would love to answer/elaborate on? (Old reporters’ trick to say what should folks ask/would you ask yourself if roles reversed?) Thanks.

30. Jessy says:

Hello there! Have you ever thought about writing a novel/script if you had the time?

31. Grey Dolan says:

Do your characters and/or productions affect your dreams?

32. Jessy says:

Hi, Tom!
    Some websites rumored that you’re an Atheist, what do you have to say about that?

33. Would you like to perform James Bond? We would love to see you as him!!! ;)

34. Cathriona Sheehan says:

Hey tom will they be hopes of you begin in the new Sherlock from cathriona Ireland :)

35. Christine Cabel (from the Philippines) says:

What is your favorite scene in The Nighf Manager?

36. Monica says:

Hi Tom! First at all, congratulations for the Emmy Nomination! My question is: What you would like to do after finishing the filming of Thor 3: Ragnarok? Thank you for everything. Thanks and take care.

37. Emilia says:

Hi Tom! I’m from Argentina
    What you think about my country? Do you like to come here?

38. Nicole says:

Congratulations on your Emmy nomination! How do you center yourself, make sure you’re present in the moment? Thank you.

39. Maddie says:

Hey Tom i just wanna ask do you EVER SLEEP? and how are you not jed lagged?

40. Mary Smith says:

What would winning an Emmy mean to you?

41. Helen Rumney says:

Hi Tom, congratulations on the nomination! You were an executive producer on The Night Manager, and I’m just wondering if you see yourself getting more into the production side of films/TV at some point, so that you can bring stories you’d like to see to the screen. Thanks!

42. Gabrielle P. says:

Hello Tom! My name is Gabrielle and I am a huge fan. I love the complexity you interweave into all your characters, particularly Loki. However, my question actually isn’t pertaining to Thor.

I just wanted to thank you for your performance in Midnight in Paris. I am a writer myself (as well as an English Literature major) and that movie really changed my life, as I could relate to it on a very deep level.

My question would be this: before playing F. Scott Fitzgerald, were you a big fan of his work? And if so, what is your favorite work by Mr. Fitzgerald? Thanks!

43. elena delgado says:

Tell us the STINGRAY story.

44. Asher Straywell says:

HEY TOM! So, your a good hearted gentleman right? I got some questions for you!

1. If you could have any one superpower what would it be?
    2. If you could date a fan who wouldn’t treat you any different as a person would you do it?
    3. What is your favorite part about acting and the filming process?
    4. Do you see your roles as you acting or do you see your roles as separate personas?

45. Virginia Balfour says:

Outstanding series! Jonathan Pine experienced very scary world of illegal arms dealing, what scares you the most?

46. Jess says:

Good evening, Tom!
    How would you feel about working with a director like Christopher Nolan? (Also, would you consider coming to Egypt? We love you!)

47. Ashley Thorsen says:

Hello, Tom! Huge fan of yours. Is there anything you would like to see from Loki, that hasn’t yet been done in the Thor films?

48. Hi Tom, thank you so much for your time and congratulations on your well deserved Emmy nomination! I briefly met you at the Philadelphia Comic Con in June but I was so incredibly nervous that my mind went completely blank!! You are an all around wonderful man and an inspiration and I just can’t say enough great things about you!! You’ve been traveling long distances a lot recently and I was wondering what you like to do in your down time (besides the gym) and where is your favorite place (city/mountains etc) to be and just relax?

49. Theresa McMullen says:

Recent DNA research has revealed that people driven to compete or over achieve in certain fields during their lives have a specific physical trait. This is not a joke, truly, pure scientific findings that are published. Would you mind holding up your right hand so we can see if your ring finger is longer than your index finger?