Amber Heard Shows Bruises in New Photos of Johnny Depp’s Alleged Abuse

Amber Heard domestic violence-2
AP Photo/Richard Vogel

As Amber Heard and Johnny Depp’s divorce and the actress’ domestic violence abuse allegations against the actor intensify, People magazine has released a cover story investigating the abuse claims.

This week’s issue features new photos of Heard with facial injuries, including a bruised eye and cut lip, allegedly caused by Depp in a December 2015 fight mentioned during her sworn declaration for a restraining order in Los Angeles County Court on Friday.

“There was one severe incident in December 2015 when I truly feared for my life,” she wrote in the court filing in which she also said she “endured excessive emotional, verbal and physical abuse” during the entirety of their relationship.

The People article doesn’t include additional details about the altercation, but cites a source close to Depp, who says their relationship was rocky from the get-go.

“Johnny tends to get moody and difficult and go into himself when things aren’t right in a relationship,” a source told People. “When he gets like that, he can act nasty. It doesn’t made for a good marriage.”

The images are in addition to the photo released of Heard last week with a bruise around her right eye, which she said she suffered at Depp’s hands on May 21 when he threw a cellphone at her while drunk and high.

Los Angeles police are currently investigating Heard’s domestic violence allegations against Depp. She didn’t file a criminal report on May 21, when police responded to a domestic dispute. Law enforcement officials told Variety that investigators found no evidence of an assault that day.

In court papers, Heard also detailed another alleged domestic violence incident in which he was “inebriated and high.” He allegedly came late to her 30th birthday party, grabbed her by the hair and “shoved” her to the floor during a violent argument. Heard also detailed Depp’s history of drug and alcohol abuse in court papers, saying, “I am extremely afraid of Johnny and for my safety.”

According to ET, Depp reportedly injured his right hand — while halted production on “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” — while punching a wall during an argument the couple had in Australia in March of 2015 — marking the fourth alleged altercation.

Depp’s attorney Laura Wasser said in documents responding to Heard’s court filing that “The Danish Girl” star, who filed for divorce from Depp on May 23 after 15 months of marriage, is “attempting to secure a premature financial resolution by alleging abuse.”

1. I think any gal who has read 9as I did last year) Christi Paul’s verrry heartfelt and powerful “Love Shouldn’t Hurt” non-fiction bestseller (about Paul’s own quite similar verrry abusive/toxic relationship she quietly endured for quite some time) would NOT be surprised or shocked AT ALL by what SEEMS, anyway, to be a verrry real and awful toxic relationship between Heard and Depp. ALWAYS amuses and amazes me in equal measure whenever people stupidly think that simply ‘cuz you’re living in one or more verrrry posh dwellings and jet-setting about and otherwise living “The Dream” that in many cases that “Dream” is nothing short of a full-on NIGHTMARE.

And yes, sadly, I AM speaking from PERSONAL experience (back when I was in my 20s and married to a verrrry successful lawyer who, alternately, treated me like a “princess,” but farrrrr more often as his personal doormat. We divorced after 11 months.

—Joannie Halloran (IDAHO), age 54

2. Amber Heard the Gold Digger says:

Try harder. Such a terrible actress.

3. maxy says:

I’ve have worse injuries from scratching my lip herpes!!

4. Je Vizzusi says:

Going public with abuse photos will sway the image of Depp but have little effect on his Box Office. This is going to hurt both parties. Abuse to women especially by spouses mostly goes unreported or the woman is pressured to drop the case due to retribution. Violence and abusive behaviour are criminal acts but most of the time not fully prosecuted. Depp needs therapy and a probationary period to set his head right. Jail rarely helps men that abuse women and become targets themselves once incarcerated.

5. Mimi says:

Amber could have full video evidence of the attack and people would still find a way to defend her abuser. Remember the Ray Rice case? Even after viewing that appalling footage, people still argued that she had intentionally provoked him. Taking down a powerful famous man who is already crystallised in the public consciousness as “harmless scamp” thanks to the Jack Sparrow role will be near impossible. My hats off to Amber for her courage to stand up to DV despite knowing that she will y be publicly ripped to shreds and likely never land another studio role again.

6. Sharon says:

She is a actress that is makeup you can t used old photo and say they where for a while back and. An go here Maserati these are some photos that I took of myself when I got beat up she in december and did they not notic the same white t shirt in her photo lol is that her wife beater shirt or what. Hell if she dosent know how to put on makeup to look beat up then she not a very good actress i know that as much as that woman spend in clothes she wouldnt have a white t shirt like that on . no she put it on to look like a poor batter woman . stupit and be wanted all that money to keep up her life style right the way she showing her self like a poor white girl dont need much to be that . . hell did a dr. Even look at those to see if they where real or not . ddont need to dr to look if you dont need one. now look like to me if i was a actress and had my nose busted. That cause two black eyes wouldnt that mean my nose was possible broken mmmmm. And would have that check out dont want that nose crocked now would we

• Sharon says:

She is a actress that is makeup you can t used old photo and say they where for a while back and. An go here Magazine Man these are some photos that I took of myself when I got beat up she in december and did they not notic the same white t shirt in her photo lol is that her wife beater shirt or what. Hell if she dosent know how to put on makeup to look beat up then she not a very good actress i know that as much as that woman spend in clothes she wouldnt have a white t shirt like that on . no she put it on to look like a poor batter woman . stupit and be wanted all that money to keep up her life style right the way she showing her self like a poor white girl dont need much to be that . . hell did a dr. Even look at those to see if they where real or not . ddont need to dr to look if you dont need one. now look like to me if i was a actress and had my nose busted. That cause two black eyes wouldnt that mean my nose was possible broken mmmmm. And would have that check out dont want that nose crocked now would we

7. Jeff says:

I’m not understanding the “photo taken in December” thing at all. So she had a friend taking photos of her abuse and it’s coming to light 6 months later? I understand why a victim doesn’t come forward. But if you’re a friend, and you’re taking pictures of the abuse… what?

A lot of this is very strange.

8. Cat says:

At what point do people remove their collective heads out of Johnny Depp’s a** long enough to consider, just CONSIDER the possibility that this woman is telling truth? Reading comments on this story is saddening and frankly sickening. Has any other male celebrity received this much ‘benefit of the doubt’ in the face of these kind of allegations? People are actually studying the trajectory of a bruise, dissecting the color of a marking to look for reasons, any reasons, to discredit this woman. How much can fame and adoration insulate someone from uncomfortable questions? A lot.

• Amber Heard the Gold Digger says:

And at what point do you remove your head out of Amber Heard’s a** long enough to CONSIDER the possibility that this woman is lying.

• Jeff says:

The people calling her opportunistic or a gold digger are disgusting. But this is absolutely a fishy situation. The police have said there were no signs of abuse at the house the night the cell phone incident apparently happened.

No one should be calling her a liar but no one should be assuming Johnny did this either.

• I personally don’t even like Johnny Depp and my head is not up anybody’s orifice. It’s not about giving him the benefit of the doubt as much as the strong vibe of opportunistic BS emanating from Heard. Of course anything is possible, but I don’t believe her for a second.

9. John says:

Some sort of Gone Girl scenario going on here?

• Yvette says:

Because she’s an ‘insipid opportunistic duck face’ on your feed? That says a lot about your perception of her and perhaps taints your perception of these allegations. Victims are not always the perfect Job figure..and outwardly charming people are sometimes very flawed. He’s getting more than the benefit of the doubt, he’s being fellated by a public that doesn’t want to consider the disturbing possibilities. Reserving judgement is one thing, bullying an accuser is another, and that’s primal.

10. Jan Wilson says:

I don’t know why, but I don’t believe her stories for a second. I’m not even a Johnny Depp fan, so I’m not blindly loyal to him, but her stories sound suspicious. I think it will come out that she’s a liar and just trying to get attention and ruin his reputation in the process. Even before they got married there was a lot of talk about her using him and not being a very decent person. I think this is gonna turn out to be a big fat lie.

11. Oh, please get this insipid, opportunistic duck face out of my feed. She can’t even act while posing for a “victim” shot.

12. Gustavo H.R. says:

This is one spectacularly badly written article.

13. Sylvia says:

If it was so horrible, why stick around? Follow the money.

• Ginger says:

You’re an idiot, Millions of abused women and men stay in horrific relationships because they fear for their lives if they leave, they think its their fault, and they know they’ll be judged by clueless people like you no matter what they do.

• Amber Heard the Gold Digger says:

He is innocent until proven guilty. Don’t you dare talk as though he is actually an abuser.

• Je Vizzusi says:

Absolutely true. Women statistically do stay in abusive relationships and most of these domestic violence cases dropped because of lack of evidence or the charges being dropped by the victims. These cases often end up being settled in a Civil Court.

• Yvette says:

Yes, Sylvia, let’s talk about following the money. Depp is a very big money earner in Hollywood, despite the recent string of box office failures. Hollywood is going to protect their interest at all costs.

• Anne says:

Lol, i know smart people who were in abusive relationships, and it takes to realize whats really happening. And even if she was for the money, she didnt deserve to be abuse.