The event on Aug. 23 is priced at $33,400-per-person and is billed as a “Conversation with Hillary.” The first $2,700 will go to the Clinton campaign, and the remainder will do to the Democratic National Committee and state and local parties. Complete details are to be announced on Tuesday. Sources said plans were in the works for the event to take place at his home, but they were still being finalized.
This will be Clinton’s first visit to Los Angeles since the Democratic National Convention. Invites to a series of events began to go out in recent days.
DiCaprio attended a Clinton fundraiser at Harvey Weinstein’s home in New York in June.
The night before, a number of entertainment figures are planning a dinner-time event. Deadline reported last week that the Aug. 22 will be hosted at the home of Haim and Cheryl Saban, although sources said that plans were still being finalized. Sources say the list of co-hosts also includes Thomas Tull and his wife Alba, Megan and Peter Cherin, Robert Iger and Willow Bay, Casey and Laura Wasserman, Jeffrey and Marilyn Katzenberg and Jon and Ellen Goldsmith-Vein. Tickets start at $2,700 per person, and run to $27,000 for co-host level and $100,000 for host. The latter includes a dinner and photo with Clinton.
Another event is in the works for earlier in the day that will be a lower dollar event.
Clinton also plans events on Aug. 23 in Laguna Beach.
Per the invite, co-hosts along with DiCaprio include Tobey Maguire and his wife Jennifer, Jennifer Aniston, Yael and Scooter Braun, Shonda Rhimes and Chris Silbermann.