William Shatner, Henry Winkler Set For NBC Reality Show ‘Better Late Than Never’

William Shatner Henry Winkler George Foreman
Getty Images

William Shatner, Henry Winkler and George Foreman have signed on to star in NBC’s travelogue reality series “Better Late Than Never,” from producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.

Comedian Jeff Dye and sportscaster Terry Bradshaw are also on board for the bro-mance vehicle that will send the five men on a trek through major cities in Asia. “Better Late Than Never” is adapted from the hit South Korean format “Grandpa Over Flowers,” which NBC optioned last year.

Production begins in August. Episodes will cover stops in Tokyo, Kyoto, Seoul, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Chang Mai. The show aims to offer a comedic look at how the five navigate unfamiliar cultures and settings and rely on one another for support while forgoing the usual trappings of celebrity status such as limousines and assistants. Each will also be tasked with checking off “bucket list” items.

Winkler is exec producing for Universal TV and Storyline Entertainment with Jason Ehrlich (“The Bachelor”), Tim Crescenti (“I Survived a Japanese Game Show”) and Zadan and Meron.

(Pictured: William Shatner, Henry Winkler, George Foreman)

1. Gene Hofmann says:

I enjoyed the first few episodes very much. They were so funny. Surprisingly entertaining – it is on my must not Miss list. Four guys with little in common just worked.

2. NO! that’s it? no more better late than never! first time in years something on t.v tickled my funny bone it took William Shatner, Henry Winkler George Foreman Terry Bradshaw with Jeff dye to do it now it over. Henry i love your moves and bill you are cute as a button Terry praying for the waitress in serving chicken virginals, ovaries with the cow penis was hilarious i give voodoo’s for your attempt. George you knocked out Bill holy Hanna now that was something to see.
    please let us laugh again

3. Kathy Weathers says:

Hilarious!

4. Jackie Rausch says:

I just want to say I loved loved the show the guys did not disappoint I laugh so much !!😂 Thank you!

5. I want to thank the entire cast, especially Henry for the biggest laugh I’ve had in a very long time. My husband passed away 10 years ago and I really have not found anything to laugh about until your show. It was good and clean and terrific. I hope you have more traveling to do. Fantastic job!

6. D,.Jewell Callan says:

Wish there were more clean fun programs as this,.I sent it to my FB TL & shared over to my son whom is a Trucker,. He will tell others,.I haven’t laughed so hard & so much in Yrs,..Good work guys,..

7. Angie Toms says:

Absolutely the BEST PROGRAM on TV.
    I have never laughted so hard
    Tues 10am right after AGT
    PLEASE come back for another season
    You sure have a Hit show !
    Love to see ya’ll go to Africa or Europe next
    Sure hope it becomes number 1 in the ratings !

8. Tara Max says:

The FUNNIEST show that I have seen in a Long time!!!!! I laughed out so loud it scared Buddy, my cat. Oh, I slept like a baby after that workout. THANK YOU,THANK YOU all!! I can’t wait for the next episode.

9. Louise Settelmyer says:

Saw it last night…hysterical…love the bond these 4 have …absolute darling…can’t with til next week. Great job guys!!! Asia…fasten your seatbelts…you have no idea what is in store with these four.

10. Birdie Duplessis says:

I can not wait for this show, all these guys are hilarious. This show looks like must see TV. I’m not even a football fan, yet Terry Bradshaw is must see TV, he gets me to watch football & enjoy it. William Shatner,come on! All of them this is going to be great.

11. The Do-Its says:

Dear Henry,
    We love your bronze statue. Good luck on your travels with your cohorts. Here’s a song for it. We hope you visit it for us. Love, The Do-Its. Stand by for our Shatner and Foreman tributes.

12. diamonion says:

So its just an excuse for them to go on vacation?

• Dawn says:

Yes, and no. Trust me, these guys will struggle. I watched the Korean version and the members received no assistance from the production crew. They have to figure everything out by themselves. More often, there would be disputes among the members and being in a completely unfamiliar country while suffering the language barriers would just get tougher. It’s not an easy show to do. It is a vacation, if you’re optimistic.

13. David says:

“Better Late Than Never” is set in an alternate universe where William Shatner hops a last-minute plane and attends Leonard Nimoy’s funeral, arriving late but still better than never.

• Angela says:

Jesus get over the funeral thing already, he did the right thing. Think how much we could change the world if we all started doing charity or volunteer work when someone dies, instead of sitting around in a church pew for an hour or two!

14. Denise Oliver says:

This sounds absolutely dreadful.

• steve says:

anymore dreadful then the reality crap that is on tv now or the last 15 years? at least these people are likable ! you must be black!

15. When the hell are they gonna announce the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Reunion Special lineup? I’m expecting all remaining TOS cast members to show up, plus whatever onetime guest stars they can gather (I’m looking at YOU, Gary Lockwood, Teri Garr and Kim Darby!).