‘Truth Be Told’ Set Struck Following Episode Order Cut

Truth Be Told Set Struck
Courtesy of NBC

Less than two weeks after NBC cut the episode order of its fall freshman comedy “Truth Be Told,” the sitcom’s set has been struck.

On Thursday, a photo from the low-rated show’s dismantled set was posted on Twitter, as seen below. The show was scheduled to be in production until late November, but then the network cut the episode order from 13 to 10.

Though the initial episode trimming last month indicated the comedy didn’t have much hope for future life, the current state of the set is yet another sign of cancellation, though NBC declined to comment.

In its first three airings, “Truth Be Told” has averaged a 0.68 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.34 million viewers overall in Nielsen’s “live plus same-day” estimates, making it the lowest-rated of any series on the Big Four networks this fall. Its third episode was up a bit from its second, though, and that night it retained 100% of its demo lead-in from “Undateable.”

The series, created by DJ Nash, follows two couples who are best friends and neighbors, starring Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Tone Bell, Bresha Webb and Vanessa Lachey.

“Truth Be Told” is one of many freshman series that have been “trimmed” by networks lately, resulting in an overwhelming trend this season. Fox’s “Minority Report,” ABC’s “Blood & Oil” and NBC’s “The Player” have also been reduced from their original orders, shedding light on the new television landscape, which will likely continue to see a revised approach to the standard 13-episode upfront order.

1. nopuffblog says:

I loved this show!!!

2. Tdiddy says:

I actually liked the show. It hit on topics most shows ignore or sweep under the rug with some a-political answer. Not everyone is into “all things reality tv.” Stop cutting the good ones please. Especially when they portray ALL races on a positive light.

3. Layne says:

This may have been the worst sitcom ever produced…right next to 2 Broke Girls. Who wrote the “jokes” for this garbage show? It was embarrassing how lame the writing was. This was made for the lowest common denominator of this countries TV viewers. Not one bit of creativity, not smart, not witty, nothing original, no chemistry, poor acting, awful plot lines, so lazy! So abysmal. A complete piece of childish trash. This is why Netflix rules. People want clever writing and acting that inspires laughter and thought. But we all know, this country is full of simple minded fools.

4. Eddie says:

This show was one of my favorite comedies. There was so much potential, not to mention funny. I don’t understand why people don’t watch good television anymore. It would be an amazing idea for Netflix to pick up this show.

5. Joyce says:

Please bring back Truth Be Told. The show is hilarious and very well written. Better promotion of the show would peak the interest of others and increase viewership.

6. Rashawn says:

This was my favorite show. It talked about real stuff, I laughed throughout the whole episode. Shouldn’t be canceled they should of just put it out there better

7. Sheena M says:

This show should have been marketed better! I didn’t even know about it! My first time seeing it was today and it really is a good show, that touches on real subjects. I’m tired of the unrelatable garbage that’s on tv.

8. Alexis says:

Please bring back Truth Be Told, this was a really great show that many people in my generation cab relate to!!!

9. Kitty says:

This is a very good show, the only negative is that it is on Friday nights when I’m busy. I have this set on my DVR.

10. Chitown says:

It was a funny show — big mistake yo give up on it

11. benji says:

This show was horrible, and last much longer than it should have.

12. Nicole says:

Really funny and entertaining, shouldn’t be canceled.

13. Coco says:

This show is awesome in my opinion!
    So sad they always seem to cut the good shows!!!
    Hey people in TV land…. call me I’ll be glad to tell you what good TV is lol!
    Give the show a chance and a better time slot!!
    😊

14. kayylo41 says:

This is one of my TOP FAVORITE SHOWS!!! I will be very disappointed if it’s not brought back. Just give it a chance. Please please let it come back.
    Please-:)

15. shalea says:

I really liked this show. Please bring it back.

16. Danielle says:

I just binge watched this for two nights!! Seems like all the shows I actually like get cancelled. This show makes me chuckle pretty much the entire way thru.

17. April says:

Yet the KarTRASHians are still in production. I loved this show. I just randomly chose it this morning and finished the entire season. If you want to blame anyone for the low ratings it should be your marketing team for not promoting the show better. The show was light, extremely funny, well written, and great acting. I guess it just wasn’t negative enough for the masses. Let them continue the show on Netflix for all I care. Just don’t take the entire show.

18. Tyquwan says:

I loved the show smh every show I like gets cancelled
    We get stuck with reality tv smh.

• Jameson Richardson says:

Yep, it’s ridiculous. It happens time and time again the studios start to worry and decide to cut and or reorder the episode line up. I don’t get what they think they’ll accomplish by jumbling up the order of the episodes. I guess they have decidd if the numbers aren’t great and people aren’t watching then putting the episodes out of order will surely make it easier to follow. Who knows what they think that will accomplish I can’t think of one time they did that and it magically worked (it’s like taking a book that isn’t selling well and picking out the chapters they think we’ll like the best and putting them together first) with no regard to continuity. I guess they think the show is going to definitely fail so lets just make sure and guarantee that happens.

19. Matt says:

I actually think it is a pretty funny show, but in a really bad timeslot.
    The writing could be a little better, but I thought the actors were really good.
    Plus, it is not a disgusting show like Life in Pieces. I turned that off after 10 minutes of the first episode.

20. Amy P says:

I really thought this show was funny. The interactions between the two guys are great and I like the women’s roles as well. It’s nice to see a show where one person is the “stooge”. I say give it another season and better time slot. It’ll catch on, I know it!!!

21. billybobby says:

Pretty god awful show.

The PC stuff was revolting.

This makes early 90’s ABC sitcoms look GOOD!!

22. Mike M says:

Pardon me… that set was not struck. It was just “trimmed”.

23. Deb says:

Cute show, who sings music at start of the show?

24. Helen says:

Is it the best show in TV? Maybe not but it is a show I don’t mind my kids watching. Any adult humor is missed by the younger kids. It is refreshing compared to some of the trash you see on TV.

25. DougW says:

Every year I choose which new series will be the first cancellation of the season and this was 2015’s obvious candidate.

26. A pretty poor effort from NBC, all told, and a waste of MPG.

27. AC Slater says:

MPG is a funny actor which was better showcased on Franklin & Bash. This show on the other hand kept resorting to infantile humor including ones about pedophilia. Not funny guys.

28. Philip says:

It was actually a pretty funny show, wish they got at least a better sampling