‘The View’ Names Raven-Symoné as New Co-Host

Raven-Symone The View
Walter McBride/WireImage

Raven-Symoné has been named co-host of “The View.”

After 37 appearances as guest host, the “That’s So Raven” alum has officially joined the ABC talk show alongside Whoopi Goldberg, Nicolle Wallace and Rosie Perez, the panel announced Wednesday on air.

“The Disney Company has made another one of my dreams come true! Being a part of ‘The View’ family will be a wonderful growing experience for me,” Raven-Symoné said in a press release. “The cast and crew are warm and welcoming and has made the transition into daytime talk easier. I have a lot to learn within this new arena, but being the apprentice of these spectacular women will only make me a better person and talk show host.”

Raven-Symoné is best known for her title role on the Disney Channel comedy “That’s So Raven” and “The Cosby Show.” She most recently appeared in ABC’s “Black-ish” and Fox’s “Empire,” and provides a voice for the upcoming animated film “Animal Crackers.”

“Raven is smart, funny and genuine. We’ve loved getting to know her, and we’re all thrilled she’ll be part of ‘The View’ every day,” “The View” executive producer Bill Wolff said in a press release. “She brings a fresh perspective on the hot topics of the day, and she’s a lively, welcome addition to our conversations and interviews.”

The show has had several shakeups in recent years. Rosie O’Donnell exited the talker for the second time in February, while Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd left the program together last summer. Show founder Barbara Walters retired in April 2014, while Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck departed in 2013.

There’s still one more seat that remains to be filled on the show.

1. Dom K. Une says:

I do not appreciate Raven’s demeanor as she always seems to be at odds with everything said by anyone; always shacking her head side ways to indicate her displeasure, and always a sour puss look on her face.

2. Joan Williams says:

I agree.. Raven is too pretty to wear those ridiculous hair styles, be edgy , but be beautiful, elegant, stylish. I am so glad Rosie and Nicole are leaving, they are just plain boring. Nicole speaks so “tight-lipped” you can barely understand what she is saying! She also talks so fast, she needs to learn to enunciate better. Rosie’s voice is so annoying I can’t stand to her for any length of time, I’m sorry. This is my opinion and I am an audience. If I don’t like what I see or hear, I will change the channel.

3. Mitch says:

Stop with the bad hairdos. Very silly.

4. Jim polk says:

I think with the new cuts and making Raven cohost I will no longer be tuning in to the View….

5. Nikki Views says:

I keep wondering why Raven is on the show. ABC most be trying to play off her whole gay thing. However, she is out of place and the incorrect demographic. You need someone who is between the age of 29 to mid to late 30’s.

A young person who can banter with Whoopi because frankly the show has lost it’s luster. I watch for Whoopi and when she’s not speaking the clicker directs me.

P.S. Please have wardrobe fix her image. She’s not Kelly O, everything from her hair, earrings, makeup, the Jewerly thing. Please put her back at the children’s table, and add a gym membership to the package. Perhaps in five years she can join the adult’s table.

6. Christian says:

To be honest she seems way out of her league when discussing politics (what makes the show worth watching). Watching Nicolle dwarf Raven’s contributions on foreign policy is pretty sad for Raven. Even Rosie – as long as it takes for her to articulate her point – has some really good points about education and literacy that Raven still cannot grasp. Whoopi has showed herself to act like a den mother to the group so she’s not as harsh. Raven would be a better addition to the Talk where she can ramble on about lighter issues like celebrities. If someone could swap the more eloquent, informed and humorous Aisha Tyler (to the View) with Raven (to the Talk), both shows would benefit….

7. dee says:

Just keep it to four people at the table and I’ll remain a viewer; if it’s going to be four plus an additional person then I’m gone. It’s difficult enough to listen to four people talking at once – five is a madhouse.

8. 1favored says:

Congrats to the new addition!!

9. Lyd says:

I DVR and watch the view everyday, only in thinking she (Raven) will be leaving soon, so sorry View, I will no longer or DVR…or watch.. she just doesn’t do anything for your show.

10. linda connelly says:

The show is awful and she adds nothing. Don’t like her at all,Rosie Perez is my favorite.

• Lyd says:

Rosie Perez is great, Nicole is great, Whoopie is kinda losing it and Raven, nope, nada, no way. no can do ( will not be watching anymore)

• Myra sullivan says:

AWFUL CHOICE! Will no longer watch The View! She is abrasive and just plain not in the know. Bye, bye View

11. George Valentin says:

This is good news! Raven will be an excellent asset to the show.