‘The View’: Michelle Collins Feted As She Officially Joins as Co-Host

Michelle Collins The View
Courtesy of Disney/ABC

The View” brought out the fanfare and confetti on Monday’s telecast to celebrate the official announcement that Michelle Collins will be a co-host when the show’s 19th season begins in September.

Collins will make regular appearances on the show until the break for its summer hiatus in early August. She comes to “View” as it is still trying to find its footing following the departure last year of creator and exec producer Barbara Walters.

This season, “View” has had plenty of turbulence with Rosie O’Donnell leaving just a few months into the season and Rosie Perez confirming her departure last week after just one season at the table. Raven- Symone was hired just last month as another permanent co-host.

“These past few months have been the most fun and exciting of my career, and I couldn’t be happier to join such an awesome, smart, accomplished and funny group of women,” Collins said. “It’s been my dream to host a talk show, and the fact that I now get to do just that every day with an amazing, hard-working team of producers, writers, cast and crew is beyond my wildest expectations. Many thanks to the people at ABC for inviting me to be a part of this team, and specifically to the great Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg, whose support has meant the world to me.”

Collins is a multi-hyphenate who is known for her appearances on VH1’s “Walk of Shame Shuttle,” NBC’s “Today,” the syndie talk shows “The Wendy Williams Show” and “The Tyra Banks Show.” She spent six years as managing editor of VH1’s “Best Week Ever” website and made appearances on the TV series of the same name. She’s also a contributor to Vanity Fair and Elle.

“She is lightning quick, has strong opinions and is wickedly funny. Our entire staff is looking forward to her joining the show,” said “View” exec producer Bill Wolff.

1. Frannie says:

My opinion of The View? Fire Bill Wolf! Today was my last day-after 8 yrs-it was like watching a group of Teens discussing silly conversations (8/12/15 Michelle Collins is always interrupting. I think the problem in general may be the subjects.

2. G. S. Garn says:

Who do you have for my View??? I am a conservative older woman that always watched. I find the younger comedians over-talking, interrupting,(especially when the 3 are together) ( I like Whoopie and Raven) Keep NICOLLE WALLACE for me.

3. Michelle Collins is not that funny and her self deprecation gets old really fast.
    I WANT NICOLE WALLACE BACK.

4. plb1947 says:

I am not a republican but I have enjoyed Nicole Wallace on the view. I am glad both Rosie’s are either out or going out. I’m not a fan of Collins either It is obvious that The View is struggling i would love Joy Behar to return I’ll keep watching until it is sorted out & better co-hosts chosen.

• This show has ran it’s course. Now every Friday is “recorded earlier” and Whoppi is acting the same way she did on Hollywood Squares when she checked out mentally and just physically showed up to collect the paycheck. I am over this show!

• Billie says:

Bad choice bringing Michelle on, she brings absolutely NOTHING to help the show’s severe problems. Perhaps you should change the name to “Whoopies View”, that appears to be what the show is all about these days. She then turns to the cameras and audience and barks “don’t write me because I don’t care”. She doesn’t care how the viewers feel? hmmm… Lastly, what’s up with her continuing to say “I’m sorry” before every statement, perhaps if she feels the need to apologize (which is what I’m sorry means), she should quietly decline her existence on the show too, it’s very obvious she’s angry and unhappy. NBC’s Kathy Lee & Hoada are becoming quite enjoyable lately in my house..

• Dianne says:

I am not a liberal and Joy Behar use to drive me nuts but after watching this new panel of ladies awkwardly plow their way through the Hot Topics segment everyday it was actually refreshing to see Joy come back to co-host a few times. I surprised myself by thinking that I wish she would come back full time.

5. Dianne says:

Collins tries too hard to be funny. Even when the other ladies are discussing serious news topics Collins will try to throw in jokes. The few times she has attempted to join in on a serious conversation she usually blurts out incorrect information. It’s pretty obvious that she doesn’t keep up with the news/current events. Supposedly The View is going to back away from talking hard news and will start talking more entertainment news, so maybe Collins will be in her element then.

6. CCA (@CNauz) says:

……..and I thought Nicolle Wallace was a bad choice. This person is very irritating to watch!

7. Anna F. says:

Does Michelle Collins ever *not* talk about herself?

8. queenrosered1 says:

I am SOOOO excited to hear about Michelle Collins coming to The View! Ask her how she’s like to have singer/showman extraordinaire, Adam Lambert as a guest! She has met and interviewed him a few times and it’s always hilariously entertaining. They have great timing and chemistry and he’s promoting his 3rd album which is making waves internationally! Come on September!

9. Lisa says:

Whoopi has great taste in people – like her good friend Bill Cosby.

10. Mel says:

Not funny. I find her abrasive and her schtick tired.