‘The Originals’ Creator Warns Not to Anger Klaus

the originals savior elijah rebecca klaus
Courtesy of Eli Joshua Ade/The CW

SPOILERS: “The Originals” fans who have not seen the season three winter finale “Savior” should stop reading.

The happy, family-centric white Christmas that the Mikaelson siblings had hoped for did not last for long. While Rebekah (Claire Holt) was briefly resurrected in time for the holiday, her Strix curse infliction resulted in her begging for a mercy stabbing from big brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) — thus enacting the first step of the prophecy that the family will fall “one by friend, one by foe and one by family.”

Also damaging: While Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Cami (Leah Pipes) finally ignited that passion they had been circling since season one, their happiness was brief. Klaus awoke to find Cami in bed next to him with her throat slashed. This undoing came from his vengeful ex Aurora (Rebecca Breeds). If this weren’t bad enough, Aurora’s equally evil brother Tristan (Oliver Ackland) has laid a dangerous trap for Vincent (Yusuf Gatewood) to ensure his loyalty to him over the Mikaelsons.

For some clarity on these events and also for what’s in store for the second half of the season, Variety spoke with “The Originals” creator Julie Plec.

Cami appears to be dead! Why did the writers decide to go that route?

We believed it was important to show Aurora’s instability, jealousy, insecurity and viciousness in the worst way possible — that hell has no fury in the way that only a horrible ex can do. This was a horribly extreme result of Aurora feeling slighted and that Klaus doesn’t love her enough and has cemented her as one of the big villains that we have to deal with.

Leah Pipes did an interview recently where she said she didn’t want to lose her job. Is Cami done for good?

This isn’t the last we’ve seen Leah Pipes grace the screen of this show. The question is what context we’ll see her again and just how tragic that will be.

Cami and Klaus did get that one kiss — and more.

It’s been a dance with them for awhile because she has admitted that she’s drawn to him in spite of herself and we know that Klaus is constantly conflicted by the harder side of him that refuses to open up and the side of him that will let himself be loved and have these very poetic interludes with women throughout his life.

I think he was battling with what Cami meant to him. It took putting him up against one of the first women in his life to realize how special she is and how much power she has over him.

Klaus is going to be really angry in the next few episodes.

Well, there’s nothing more fun than a pissed off Klaus. In spite of the turn of events for him, he does get the bite of the vengeance bug. Once he finally gets his hands on Aurora, it’s not going to be pretty.

How will Elijah cope with his grief of staking Rebekah?

I love that scene so much. I thought Daniel Gillies was so good in that scene.

He’s really heartbroken, especially given how he feels about daggers in general, to be the responsible big brother and do the right thing for the family as a whole. In this particular case, he understands that Rebekah needs to be put down. In spite of wishing there was another way out of this, he understands that this is the best strategy.

Things aren’t also looking good for Vincent either.

Vincent, after finally realizing that avoiding magic is about easy as catching a taxi on Bourbon Street, is now realizing that he’s come up against a pretty deep held grudge with Tristan — and Tristan will use any way to get back at the Mikaelsons.

But Vincent is a pretty strong guy and he doesn’t like to be pushed around. If there’s anyone who is capable of taking care of himself, it’s him.

1. Joanne DeFonde says:

I think the show should be a fot an award is one of the best shows on TV

2. Rathoro says:

There have been a few theories floating around that she would either A.)Be turned into a vampire somehow. B). Be resurrected by a powerful witch. Or C.) Come back as a ghost or as flash backs. Did anyone else notice on IMDB that Leah pipes is listed as being in episode 10 and 13-22. That’s A bit much for just flash backs or a ghost (unless they plan on making her a side kick ghost). This would more likely support the theory that she would be resurrected by a witch in episode 13. Just my two cents.

3. Jada Camille Holloman says:
    December 30, 2015 at 12:28 pm
    I have an Idea that Julie Plec would like what if Davina would find somebody that could bring back Kol. That person would Be May Michaelson and she would be Kols Daughter.She would be a Cyperpath a Werewolf,Vampire,and a Witch Hope is the same species as her.I think I would be excellent if I played the role of May.Also when May brought back Kol she looked and Davina and said “You love Him?”Davina would say “Yes why you asked?” May would look back at Kol and say “He is my Father.”Complete shock of the Michaelson’s Family.That would be quite a story

-Jada Holloman

4. Tamika Way says:

I never looked at the Vampire Diaries. I came across The Originals on Netflix and was hooked. Probably because The Originals is a more adult themed show and I absolutely love Joseph Morgan as Klaus. Now, I understand that Klaus has to rampage because face it no one does it better and we love to see a hell on wheels Klaus, but he also needs a softer side and dammit he needs a love interest and only Cami will fit with him because she balances him out. All I know is he better make Aurora suffer like only he can.

5. Karin says:

If they kill off a charactera as intelligent, charismatic and and influential as Camilla, it would be just as disrespectful as the way the writers through out Tara’s character on True Blood. I refused to watch the rest of the final season after that.

6. Klaus will be on a rampage for revenge and no one does it better

7. Klamille says:

Camille better not be dead otherwise I have lost all interest in the show. Been waiting three seasons for Klaus to finally get happiness and when he does, she gets ripped from his arms. Either she’s a vampire, gets resurrected or gets healed by Klaus blood but I don’t think I can handle watching Klaus break. His murderous vengeance is exciting and fulfilling but depressed Klaus I won’t stand for. Gotta love Rebekah to do right by her family that’s why she’s one of my favorite characters. Whether it was purposeful or not I saw a little flame for Jackson and Freya. Cami and Klaus all day

8. D says:

i hope she comes back as a human! i don’t want her as a vampier! ughh

9. j mag says:

I agree with lololee24. This is a good show about family even though it is different than the norm. I love both Elijah and Klaus. Family is and will always be there for you. Please and I stress strongly, don’t be foolish and destroy a great show by shuffling it around. Leave it in one slot and let the fan base find it and grow. I for one will be very miffed if the network cans this show because of their silly reasoning about where it should be in their line up. The Originals is the ONLY reason I watch this network.

P.S. it also took me time to warm up to Cami, but now you need to bring her back because she is “part” of the family and I mean that literally.

10. gigi says:

Klaus is soo dreamy.

11. lololee24 says:

It took some time for me to warm to Cami’s character and now she’s gone? I can’t believe this, yet still I understand that her death brings the realization for Klaus just how much he really loved Cami, and now that she’s dead his pain will manifest in ways unknown (mainly serial killing). I just can’t seem to come to grips about Rebekkah’s predicament, and how her current situation will change the dynamics of the family. I have a bone to pick with Julie Plec. Why has this show been tossed over to Friday Nights? Why? The Originals is such a superior show far more so than the Vampire Diaries which at this stage in the series has lost it’s way. Please at some point move the Originals back to a manageable time slot please.

• ck says:

I don’t think Julie Plec controls the time slots, that’s the network making room for new shows.
      I like Cami human. Aurora is crazy if she purposely turned Cami. She knows Klaus enjoys sex more with a vampire!

• Jada Camille Holloman says: