T.D. Jakes Talk Show Gets Summer Test Run in Heartland Markets

Boshop TJ Jakes
Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Debmar Mercury has set a summer test run of a talkshow hosted by prominent Dallas pastor T.D. Jakes in four heartland markets.

The talkshow described as a headline-driven topical series will be carried from Aug. 17-Sept. 11 on Tegna stations (formerly known as Gannett Broadcasting) in Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Cleveland.

Jakes has been flirting with a syndicated talkshow launch for several years. He presides over a 30,000-member mega-church and has become a media personality in the past few years.

“In order to achieve success in daytime talk, you need to have a unique voice that lets you stand out in a crowded field as well as great built-in brand awareness. T.D. Jakes has volumes of both, with the strong potential to eventually break out and attract many new national viewers to network affiliates who are hungry for something different,” said Debmar Mercury presidents Ira Bernstein and Mort Marcus.

“T.D. Jakes” hails from 44 Blue Prods. and will be exec produced by Gail Steinberg and Jack Mori, senior producer of “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”

“This show provides a great platform to expand conversations, to be encouraging, positive, uplifting and help people work through tight places in their lives,” Jakes said.

1. Caroline Tatangang says:

I want Bishop TD Jake to Mentor about entering in a Theological School and having a Sponsor. Again I need other books from the Bishop that will enable me to follow the training as I register this Fall 2017 September.

Caroline Tatangang

2. Pleshetteboeman@gmail bowman says:

I can’t believe they took this show off very inspiring. Please bring this show back.

3. Joy br says:

This show has been one of the best I’ve heard and watched for a long time. It is about time we have something positive on “Talk Show TV”. I hope the executives make the decision to give us this show!

4. Pam Hopkins says:

This show is needed all over world, its healing for so many people.

5. shirley s. ali says:

I need help my husband is divorcing me he said god sent him a new wife.I don’t have much time please help us.

6. Ann says:

I am from the NY are, and I heard about his tskk show from my girlfriend who lives in GA. I would love to see his talk shiw. I an so sorry it’s not broadcast in our area

7. Tammra Hoskins says:

I would love to have an opportunity to see and meet with him.I have been uplifted and inspired by Bishop TD.JakesJakes, I would love to be a guest on the show and share my spiritual journey.

8. Dr. Joyce Thornton says:

I am so EXCITED about The T.D. Jakes Show! He is an honorable man full of great wisdom, knowledge and an understanding heart that can help countless people from all walks of life… I believe this show is going to be innovative, invigorating and a breath of fresh air! I think those that watch it will have a positive experience. Personally, I’m ready for something new and I believe most of America is too.

9. Ileana Esquilin says:

I’m not too sure if this is for a possibility to be on Bishop’s Jake’s talk show, but I SURE PRAY IT IS! Bishop is 1 of my inspiration in my walk with the Lord, for many years now. And I would love to tell him personally tell im how the message he preached years back, Forever A Victim, I Dont Think So, was 1 of the message’s God spoke to me, on how to FINALLY become A VICTIM, and no longer be a victim!!!!!

10. Samala says:

I pray that his show does not get off the ground. He’s doing enough damage with his current “ministry.”

• lasha says:

WOW …instead of praying for the man in a positive way…this hypocrite prays for the failure. How about praying for repentance for every human. God bless.