‘Sleepy Hollow’ Renewed for Season 3

'Sleepy Hollow' Renewed For Season 3:

Hold onto your heads — “Sleepy Hollow” is coming back for season three.

Fox has renewed the supernatural drama for an 18-episode third season, Variety has confirmed.

Clifton Campbell (“The Glades” creator) will take over as showrunner, stepping in for Mark Goffman, who exited the show after declining season-two ratings, signing an overall deal with CBS Studios earlier this month.

The series, co-created by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Phillip Iscove and Len Wiseman, stars Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane and Nicole Beharie as Abbie Mills. Kurtzman, Orci, Wiseman and Heather Kadin will serve as exec producers, along with Campbell, for the new season.

“‘Sleepy Hollow’ is truly inventive television,” said David Madden, Fox entertainment president. “The talented producers – led by Alex, Bob, Len and Heather – along with the brilliant cast, anchored by Nicole and Tom, have created a fantastic world that brings ‘history’ to life with compelling and vibrant storytelling.”

Of the new showrunner, Madden said: “I had the pleasure of working with Clifton on both ‘The Glades’ and ‘White Collar.’ He is an excellent producer, and we can’t wait to see what this team has in store for season three.”

Despite being anchored by “Gotham,” the second season of “Sleepy Hollow” fell hard from its freshman season, dipping to 7.1 million overall viewers from 11.1 million in season one.

1. Sleepy Hollow getting renewed……….Awesome!

2. Peg CB says:

Yeah! Another season of being surprised by the writers’ imaginations! …and looking at Tom Mison…

3. Gritsrgreat says:

Loved this show since day 1!!!
    Keep them coming – so creative & entertaining. So in love with the cast.
    Look so forward to the next round 💟

4. JuliaThompson says:

When is it coming back to TV.

5. tatiana mochi says:

Yes. I like Sleepy Hollow 2 and I wait for the 3rd.

6. simeon mbilu says:

i cant wait to watch season three.bring it on.

7. Betty Wilkes says:

Love this show.Best one on tv.

8. Lynn says:

I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy it is coming back, I am totally hooked!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!

• It’s funny that you like to call Sleepy Hollow a flop so much and also a little bizarre that you waste your time doing so. It’s almost like you have an obsession with it likely from racism. You can’t fathom that a cast that is largely black could have a successful show. Funny. You can say it’s something else, but that’s what it is. Sleepy Hollow’s live ratings aren’t great, but people don’t watch television the way they once did. Millions still watch live and millions more upon delayed DVR viewing or via other platforms, like Hulu.

For all the Ichabbie naysayers, you can also save your reasoning for not wanting the leads together. That’s also racist. I could care less about romance on shows like this. In fact, heavy romance tends to bog down the show; it should never be central, just a scene here or there to give the characters some substance. However, when two attractive leads with amazing chemistry are on any show, they eventual get together or it’s hinted at it. Networks like to play on the ‘will they, won’t they’ aspect. So that should be no different here. Slow burn is fine, but the leads should end up together. It doesn’t mean they can’t have a quick flirtation or even briefly date someone else as plot device for drama, but anything else is ridiculous. There are plenty of shows where they have stars as just friends. Stop using this show as an example because it’s obvious why you’re doing it. I’m a white chick and frankly find it refreshing that people don’t always have to date someone that looks like their freaking sibling. Yuck. Old article but still like to read up on my fav show. Nice to see bigots in full effect.

• Rena Moretti says:

I have never said anything that could possibly be considered remotely racist.

Sleepy Hollow is a flop. The numbers show it is.

I couldn’t care less what the skin color of the actors is when I look at a show’s ratings.

Empire is a hit. Sleepy Hollow is a flop. Just look at the numbers and you’ll understand why.

Shame on you for trying to bully me with hideous and false accusations.

Fortunately for free expression, I’m not about to let myself be silenced by people like you.

To wit:

Sleepy Hollow is a big flop and FOX will rue the day it renewed it in spite of its bad ratings.

9. evans says:

Yayyyyyyy!!! I love this show

10. Sherry Baize says:

I love the show am not really into scary show but it has enough to get me to the edge of my seat

11. Doug Story says:

Outstanding!!! Been wondering if FOX was going to cancel Sleepy Hollow and do a douche maneuver like ABC did when they cancelled “Forever”
    Really curious as to what the Bones/Sleepy Hollow Hallowe’en shows gonna be.

• Rena Moretti says:

I know… How evil of ABC to cancel a show that didn’t work…

Of course I understand your confusion as keeping shows with low ratings like Sleepy Hollow has become part of what networks do, so when they exercise some common sense it’s hard to understand why (hint – it’s all network politics!)

12. kibet vincent says:

the seriesi is rilly owsome,, waiting for season 3

13. isaiah says:

Having watched both Series Gotham and sleepy hollow ….I must say each has their own genre…but I prefer sleepy hollow ..not that Gotham is nice its good

14. nicky limb says:

Having watched both sleepy hollow and Gotham I can say I would prefer more sleepy hollow I find Gotham is too dark both the script and the scenes it’s all too gloom and doom and far too much like life in bootle

15. Bernu says:

I luv thus series

16. Gail says:

Read one comment that Forever is being canceled…. I hope not such a great show.

• Jeff Mech says:

It is true, I read it online (TV Guide I believe) that it is cancelled. I am with you, it is a bummer.

17. Gail says:

Love the show hate Ichabod’s wife was changed to an evil witch and killed. I love the connection between Ichabob and Abbie, but not as love interest. It has nothing to do with race it seems this will interfere with their goal of defeating evil.

18. yvonn chamness says:

Love the show sleepy hollow, kid’s can learn from it, what to look up for some of my family and it was great!!!

19. Larry P says:

I love this series…probably one of the best I have ever followed…as a history buff and a supernatural enthusiast, this combo in a show leaves me wanting more and more…as I work away from home for long periods of time, its nice to know that I can powerwatch them when I finally get home…must make it hard to judge ratings nowadays…DVRs are a god send and streaming as well…bring on Season 3…can’t wait…I want to burst!!!

20. Kara says:

SWEET!!! Thanks thanks thanks!

21. Diane says:

Love this show and cannot wait for third season………!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

22. sabretruthtiger says:

A pity they couldn’t also renew one of the best shows in recent times ‘Forever’.
    ABC are morons.

• Rena Moretti says:

From where I stand, renewing flops is not a sign of intelligence and the networks do way too much of that already!

23. Melissa June says:

Sleepy Hollow is great. Don’t listen to the idiots who troll this page. Seriously they have nothing better to do than trash Sleepy Hollow? It is sweet. It is cute. It is a Sleeper, like Star Trek. Trolls, go away and pick on something else because we don’t want to read your stupid posts.

• Rena Moretti says:

Because reading a post filled with insults aimed at bullying opinions you don’t like in interesting…

24. Pauline says:

Please do not discontinue Sleepy Hollow. I have been enjoying and on edge watching it. It’s a GREAT
    tv series. Bring on Season 3!!!!!

25. Ingrid Schultz says:

OMW, please get season 3 to us. I have watched 2 seasons in 2 days.

26. Danise says:

Really love this show. I have also gotten a lot of people into it. It seems they aren’t advertising this show as well as they should. Not everyone has cable. Maybe do commercials with YouTube and/or Hulu also. I didn’t even know what it was about and just decided one day to watch it. But the sleep hollow picture. You will never understand what it means unless you have watched the series. But thank you so much for bringing back another season. I wasn’t ready for sleepy hollow to end yet.

27. Jenn says:

I love this show and can’t wait for a new season.

28. Hey Guys, I heard the great news, the one of my family’s absolute favorite shows has been renewed another season, so… when is the start of the New Season 3 of Sleepy Hollow. Love the show, don’t want t miss it. Give a shout if you heard anything Please.

29. liz says:

I just started watching this show 5 days ago. I have never heard of it until recently and I just finished watching season 2. I love this show and so glad its going to return. Maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with people liking it and everything to do with advertisement and what day and time the show comes on at?

30. linda gray says:

so glad its coming back.Its a good show, sorry to hear about decline in ratings dont know y but for those of us that like the show yea yea yea!

31. Desiree Jones says:

When is it coming out or an estimate time range

32. jean says:

Bring back Katrina good witch to sleeply hollow

• ohsnap says:

You are KIDDING, right? smh

• Larry P says:

If she comes back…it may bring the show to its knees…we don’t need another soap…”Grace Dixon” told Abigayle that there were bigger wars to fight and record in the family history book of which “Abigayle and Ichabod” would be part…They Crushed Henry(Jeremy),”Moloch” is now also toast thanks to him, he tried to re-ignite a new world with “Katrina” at her worst…the Horseman still lies in there way, and what of “Orion” the angel…I think season 3 needs some concentration there…not on “lost love”…although it does seem impossible that she won’t return sooner or later…hopefully not till at least 1/2 way to the end of season 3, may make an incredible beginning to a season 4…a replay maybe of a time paradox, that may bring Katrina back in a proper way…just saying…also…WHOO HOO Season 3!!!!! :-)

• Ang says:

Won’t watch unless they bring Katrina back.

33. i love this show. i wish my son was a little bit older to watch it as he is into history so much so. yay cannot wait

34. Danielle says:

Glad to see it will return for a new season. Don’t understand people who do not like the show but have time to be keeping track of it and all sorts, why do bother, too much time on your hands or something? And i love it when people pull out the bully card smh. If you will do this then atleast make sure you are not displaying the same acts as the accuser because you just look ridiculous as well as a hypocrite.

35. monte says:

Im soo happy to hear sleepy hollow is returning. I wish he would have been my history teacher; I would have gotten straight. A’S. Besideds that… I have just discovered that ichobod crane is buried on Staten island Ny… about ten minutes away from me!

36. Rossana says:

Yes, when is Sleepy Hollow returning???

37. Lili says:

All I want to know is WHEN Sleepy Hollow is coming back!

38. Gloria says:

Soooo happy that Sleepy Hollow is returning. I was at a lost for words when I read it might not be back. I already miss the show and have been trying unsuccessfully to find decent/entertaining programming to replace it. My fall has been rescued.

39. Brenda Ismail says:

Seeing that Sleepy Hollow has been renewed for a 3rd season really has made my day!!! I love that show!!! I love the actors, the storyline, the special effects and make-up is superb! I would really love to see Crane and Abbie become romantically involved since Katrina is gone

40. sarah of riggs park says:

Great, I hope the producers get back to the true reason for the show, avoiding the end of days. Also season one and two was devoted to Ichabod and his drama with his family, surely he was not resurrected or saved to fight a bipolar witch. I hope Abbie will take more of a lead in fighting modern dangers and she gets to write her saga, and maybe our earlier presidents and ben franklin can see what a mess the country is and help in fiction land to get back to the true reason the country is here to protect mankind from the demons and evil doers intent on destroying the world.

41. mindy says:

I can’t wait for sleepy hollow and empire I love them both and am beyond happy to c the new seasons

42. wegetakick says:

was actually getting use to the idea of this show getting canceled, i was losing more and more interest as the episodes went along, and the season 2 finale was a get send off. i hope the show gets back on track and not die a slow, painful death if the ratings get low again. season 1 was godsend tho.

43. I like Sleepy Hollow bc they combine entertainment with the history of our Country. I would hate to ever see it discontinued.

44. Cheryl Misas says:

I’m soooo happy! I bet the slump was because you really had to think of what was going to like the show. I’m sure the slump was because the younger people that started the first season liked the monsters and then the older watchers I enjoyed the way that was that the things going on you had to have been taught in school a different way. I mean computers came a long.and everything has to be done quickly.. of what happened in the past of course two and a half years ago. Most people do not know the Vice Presidents name…anyway let’s see what the do! The second season you really had to think here come the older group seeing the show in a different way elder thought it was only about monster and second season older group came along noticed the thought process that has to be done and liked it. I was fascinated with the show! I think it will do well any way the actors are amazing!

45. L Vezzetti says:

We Love Sleepy Hollow and really happy it has been renewed!!!

It seems that every time there is a great show it is cancelled before it has a chance to develop and find its audience.

46. Ella Brent says:

I love Sleepy Hollow. The ratings were good 1st season, so it deserved a third chance just based on that. Lots of shows that bombed out 2nd season went on to soar, but that would not have happened if ripped from the airwaves. Some shows bombed 1st AND 2nd season, and still remained on the air.

I am so thrilled to know that Sleepy Hollow, a show that is actually superior with good acting will stick around for a while longer.

I don’t watch Gotham, but my sister claims it is good. She also claims Love & Hip Hop is good, so I’m not sure what her opinion is worth.

47. Sleepy Hollow isn’t anchored by Gotham. Sleepy Hollow is unique and brilliantly acted by its lead cast. Gotham is boring and the acting is atrocious. Sleepy Hollow lost viewers based on some poor decisions in season two and Fox’s original lack of promotion prior to the start of the second season and failure to re-air episodes during the off season. Gotham’s numbers are unimpressive and the show will likely not last. With the revitalization of Sleepy Hollow I’m hoping this ridiculous conjecture will end. People that are not fans of the show should not write about it. Have someone else do it or leave it to the sites that actually follow the show.

• Rena Moretti says:

You are right on Gotham, which is also a big flop (I expect it to be renewed too because it is really slightly higher rated in the 22 1/2- 38 1/4 all-important demographic of Pez candy users…

You are incorrect on the ratings of Sleepy Hollow. They were sliding down last year and continued to slide down this year in an entirely predictable fashion.

But if you don’t like Gotham’s numbers, why do you like Sleepy Hollow’s except that you’re a fan..?

48. Kitten says:

We don’t watch the anchor show. We watch Sleepy Hollow

• Ashley says:

I don’t have cable so I don’t watch live TV I do however have hulu. my whole family loves Sleepy Hollow! I am very happy for this news!!

49. Mark Panioto says:

Love Gotham, Sleepy Hollow and Turn. Empire for the MUSIC!!!

50. LostSol says:

funny, I thought Season 2, with the exception of a few episodes was better than season 1…it will be interesting to see what they do with Crane since they killed off his whole family… I can tell what I dont want to see… a romance between Crane and Abby… Looking forward to Season 3.