‘Sharknado 4’ Announced: Director Anthony C. Ferrante Teases Details on Next Sequel

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
Courtesy of Syfy

Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!” debuted Wednesday night on Syfy, but fans can already look forward to a fourth installment.

Sharknado 3” ended with a cliffhanger that left April’s (Tara Reid) life in flux, before the scene cut to black with a message splashed across the screen, “You decide if #AprilLives or #AprilDies,” with the announcement that fans can vote on her fate and learn of the outcome in “Sharknado 4.” The surprise announcement continued, “We’re not done yet.”

Before the third TV movie premiered, director Anthony C. Ferrante told Variety that he is eager to create another sequel, so long the viewers keep tuning in.

“This one has to be successful, but as long as Syfy wants them, we’ll keep doing them,” Ferrante said. “It’s a summer event now. It’s like a blockbuster movie, but for free on the network. People have parties and even kids love it. You embrace it as long as you can embrace it. As long as everyone wants to keep coming back and we have fun with it, I think you do it.”

Now that “Sharknado 4” is confirmed, Variety has Ferrante’s wish list for the fourth flick.

As for the setting of “Sharknado 4,” Ferrante, who also directed the first two TV telepic hits, wants to take the sharks global.

“I want to do international,” he teased of the next potential movie’s location. “There are still U.S. cities that I want to destroy. But it’s less about the cities, and it’s more about, what are we going to do with Ian and Tara, and what genres do we want to play with?”

Now the vote is in viewers’ hands, but if it were up to Ferrante, he would want Ziering and Reid to stick around for more sequels to come. “I think they’re your leads,” he said. “You wouldn’t do ‘Die Hard’ without Bruce Willis.”

“Sharknado 3” welcomed David Hasselhoff, Bo Derek, Marc Cuban, Ann Coulter, Jerry Springer, NSync’s Chris Kirkpatrick and cameos by Bill Engvall, Lorenzo Lamas, Maria Menounos and TMZ’s Harvey Levin. So who’s the celebrity dream guest star for “Sharknado 4?” Bill Murray.

“We wanted Bill Murray in this one and I knew the reality of it,” said Ferrante. With a laugh, he added, “Remember when Lorne Michaels begged the Beatles to come on ‘SNL’ in the 1970s and he offered like $10,000? If Bill Murray came to the set, I’d give him a Fig Newton bar because that’s all we have – and maybe a beer – and we’ll have fun.”

1. Catherine Brown says:

Want to be an extra in SHARKNADO 4..tell me when? And where??

2. Caroline says:

Please put mark McGrath in this one. We r all stoked n have a big sharknado party every year n already planning the seafood menus n designer cake. N we got r shark noodles n “I survived sharknado” shirt. I been chatting with David Michael Latt he is way cool.I auditioned to late last year n I was there. Total bummer.

3. jack says:

Talk about a bad joke that has gone on way to long.

4. Darcy says:

I’m so ready for number 4
    Hurry up summer
    I would love to see a Sharknato be filmed in the Pacific Northwest
    I can just see a shark hanging on top of the space needle with a number 12 flag stuck right in the middle of him
    Go Seahawks
    Then they can come over to the east side and have some sand sharks.

5. Maryann Infusino says:

I have a great picture that might be a great pic to use somehow in the next sharknado movie storms rolled through Cocoa Beach Florida and a Sign with a huge shark underneath it got torn up with the storm awesome pic but dont know how to get it to the right person to see any help would be appreciated thank you

6. Catherine brown says:

I would love nothing more than to be an extra in SHARKNADO 4…where do I go????

7. Mark says:

April dies. She’s annoying. Let Fin hook up with Nova, she’s hot.

• rocky says:

They all should die, that seems to be the only way to end the Sharknado marathon. Soon it will get to be like “Jaws” – the movies will start to stink really bad. For now they are “cheesy” so they will be “suck-y”

8. anna says:

April must live

9. LET APRIL AND FIN LIVE WITH THE KIDS!

10. Devyn says:

April needs to go! She doesn’t follow directions

11. Maryann Peters says:

April lives

12. Erick says:

april livessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

13. Maria Pascoe says:

Mom must live and what happened to the son. It needs to be explained.

14. Jake says:

Put justinbever in it make daved hasslehoff come back

15. Jake says:

How about Putting up a game that kids 10 or older can try to win the first 5 kids to win gets to have a part in #Sharknado 4 next year

16. Jake says:

What is SHARKNADO 4 GOING TO BE ABOUT?

17. Barry says:

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

18. Austin says:

Also have Mark walberg,jallo,selina Gomez,Justin bribed,and the rock Johnson in the movie

19. Austin says:

Also what if since fins son was born in a shark he has a scar or a bite Mark on his right arm

20. cher says:

I will never get back the 2 h from Sharnado 3, like watching golf. I will be into Sharknado 4 only if my family is–picture this, middle of Canada FAR away from the oceans, a mom and dad, 8 year old and their eldest 20 year old autistic daughter are walking along the junction of the Assiniboine and Red River–when out of the blue the air morphs into…SHARKNADO! the Dad’s arm is bitten off first as he feeds the geese, he looks in horror then his head is eaten…youngest is stunned, mom shrieks bloody murder–Mom sees shark coming–no where to go! so she pushes her children away–and is eaten in one bite by a 15 footer black tip–to the utter horror and screeching of the youngest “Noooooooo!!!! not my MOM!” while the 20 year old takes the youngest hand calmly, and calmly says (as she does when she is in a situation she doesn’t like) “whoa, well…OK then” and leads the youngest away to safety (like in an anime)–I have no idea where that safety would be, my creative grey cells are fried…IF this is so, then and only then will I donate 2 more hours to the series. Sorry fan folks.

21. Irene C says:

I want to see the Gulf Coast first, say New Orleans, before going international. Of course, Japan would be fun. And for those that don’t like them, that’s what the off button is for. There are plenty of other channels to watch.

22. kobefan2014 says:

Stop making these garbage movies

23. macd says:

One can only hope the delightfully demented “Sharknado” franchise will do to the CGI blockbusters of the 2000s exactly what the “Airplane” movies did to the disaster movies of the 1970s — Put an end to them!!!

24. Virgie Anderson says:

Sharknado #3 was outstanding! It appeal to everyone of all ages. The Movie had some comic, drama and a lots of eye opening actions. Looking forward to experience Sharknado #4. To show you how great a fan I am, I would love to have a part in the next movie. Suggestion: A black female from Texas in an fighting part. Will audition.

25. jeanna green says:

I REALLY want to see a SHARKNADO 4! I LOVED 1 2 and 3!! Come on with it with more stars!!

26. Pokeman says:

Shark:will you please just get in my mouth Fin.You had it way to good for to long.like who even survives getting launched into a wall.