‘Ink Master’ Winner Scott Marshall Dies at 41

scott-marshall-ink-master-dead
Courtesy of Spike TV

Spike TV’s “Ink Master” season four winner Scott Marshall died this weekend in Chicago. He was 41.

His wife, Johanna, told TMZ, which first reported the news, that police officers informed her Sunday that Scott died in his sleep, and that preliminary autopsy results show that the cause of death was heart-related.

Johanna said Scott called her from his Chicago tattoo shop, Roselle Tattoo Co., Saturday night and told her that he was not feeling well enough to make the drive home, and went to a hotel nearby. His death remains under investigation.

Scott appeared on the Spike TV competition show starting in February 2014 and took home the $100,000 grand prize after beating out fellow tattoo artists Walter “Sausage” Frank and Matti Hixson in an all-skill challenge. He would go on to be featured in Inked magazine for his win.

“Spike and entire Ink Master family are stunned and saddened by the news of Scott’s passing,” Spike TV said in a statement. “He was a great competitor and talented artist. Our deepest condolences go out to the Marshall family and friends.”

“We’re tremendously saddened by the passing of Scott Marshall, a vibrant, creative spirit and talent who will be missed by the entire ‘Ink Master’ family,” said Original Media, which produces the show, in a statement. “We extend our deepest condolences to his family and friends.”

Along with his wife, Scott is survived by their three young children.

1. Shawn Carter says:

Cocaine and Alchool is a hell of a thing! extremely Cardiotoxic decsions that can catch up with you years down the road

2. Gary Horn says:

So sad, I just watched Scott win the Inkmaster competition.

3. Flora Williams says:

what a sad loss-loved watching him Tattoo on ink master-very talented young man-such a sad loss

4. tonya says:

he has left his mark on hundreds of people literally. It would be nice to see a get together of everyone hes tattooed. Fun memorial.

5. Mill says:

Wow, just started watching recorded Ink Master and saw Scott had passed. So sad, a young talented man. My prayers and condolences are with his family and friends.

6. Allecia says:

I’ve very sorry for the family’s loss. Scott was an awesome tattoo artist and he deserved the title! He was always talking about his family and children. You could tell that he loved them very much!

7. Allecia says:

Really?? Is this the best you can do??!! This man has a family that is mourning a loss and you have the audacity to post something so heartless? If you didn’t have anything nice to say, why didn’t you just keep your comments within? Would you like to read something so cruel and heartless about one of your close family members? Learn some respect!

8. Lori Graf says:

I was just tuning into my DVR recordings and saw the message about Scott”s death. I am heartbroken and SO saddened by the news. He was by far my favorite artist EVER on Ink Master and I’ve been watching since the beginning. He was not only crazy talented but seemed like such a great guy! All about his wife and children. I’m sure this was not drug related, he just didn’t seem to be like that. Heart problems are a scary thing. My brother in law died suddenly and very young from a massive heart attack so I can relate to the shock and pain the family is going through. You will all be in my prayers, especially his parents, wife and children. RIP Scott…….you will be missed.

9. Golddustwoman75 says:

He was one of my most favorite tattoo artist on Ink Master. It was very upsetting that this past Tues. night / Wed. @ 3 a.m. EST they aired a 1 hr. special titled” Master vs. Master & it was 4 previous winning INK MASTERS… he was one of them. Basically the winner will get $10,000 and he one which basically they were saying out of everyone they thought he was the best that there was out there. This was pre recorded unfortunately they didn’t get to put any type of message before or after the area. I was like crying watching this. Because he was such a fabulous artist.

Heart disease is a scary thing expecially at 40 it could be a hereditary thing, we don’t know of any of his medical conditions. Also just from growing up and stupid stuff we did all the alcohol we consume, did he smoke cigarettes? I’m sure when he was younger he experimented with drugs but I’m sure he wasn’t on anything since he was a married father of three and always seem to be on the straight and narrow but sometimes the damage is done and it just takes some stress or even just a wicked cold or some pneumonia and that’ll be the end of it. I’m anxiously waiting to find out the what the autopsy report says.

What prayers condolences to his wife and three beautiful children and the rest of his friends and family. I hope that you’ll be able to keep his tattoo shop open in his memory since he has such great faithful artist / employee / coworker friends. It would be great if somebody started a GoFundMe for his children to the money could be saved for them to use for when they need to attend college. This is the guy who we don’t know much about his past but he definitely had his life in order what he wanted for his future and it was tragically cut short. I have no idea what LQTS is there will definitely be checking that out on WebMD and other websites I will be 40 in about 14 days and I have some health issues so. God bless you Scott Marshall♡♡

10. Kathy says:

They need to test his blood relatives for LQTS. My sister died the same way at 40. LOTS is a silent killer.

11. jerzygirl45 says:

Condolences to his family.