WATCH: Donald Trump Gets Upstaged By Larry David on ‘SNL’

In the weeks leading up to his hosting gig on “Saturday Night Live,” Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump faced protestors — as well as threats of hecklers from the live studio audience.

One group — Deport Racism 2016 — promised to pay $5,000 to anyone who said “Trump is a racist” on the air.

Turns out someone did, but it was none other than “SNL” guest star Larry David.

David, who’d already appeared in the show’s cold open as Democratic presidential nominee Bernie Sanders, interrupted Trump’s monologue.

Trump was flanked by his two doppelgangers, Taran Killam and Darrell Hammond, and was praising them: “They don’t have my talent, my money or especially my good looks, but you know what? They’re not bad, and we’re going to have a lot of fun tonight.”

“You’re a racist! Trump’s a racist!” shouted David, adding, “I heard if I yelled that, they’d give me $5,000.”

Responded Trump: “As a businessman, I can fully respect that.”

And how’s this for a punchline: David will get the $5,000 reward. The group Deport Racism tweeted that joke or not, his “heckling” met their standards:

1. Ruthy says:

Yet another ‘boycott” that lead to records for the target of the boycott. Keep speaking the truth Donald.

2. Will Killyou says:

TRUMP 2016, there is no substitute. Honestly I loved Ronald Reagan even though I disagreed with a few of his Neo-Con moves. Though I prefer Reagan’s demeanor I see Donald Trumps ideas as more aligned with my own! I believe that he may very well prove to be an even better president than Reagan. Trump 2016!

3. David says:

Glad to see Hillary’s little stunt fell flat on it’s face. Trump did great.

4. Voncile says:

NEVER watched this program in all my 69 years, but I tuned in tonight! Trump was awesome. Loved how he handled the ‘racist’ illegal comments right off the bat. Sit the protesters down in the first 5 minutes!!
    Also, the Mexican President handing him the ‘check for the wall’ was over the top!!
    This senior granny is voting for Donald J. Trump, so is my 50 year old son, and twenty-five year old grand-daughter!!!

5. Fatt Wells says:

An enjoyable show. I hope the racists and anti-American’s can now please become constructive participants in choosing of a new President for the best darn Country since…well ever; instead of trying to thwart freedom of speech and spreading incendiary lies about Mr Trump. Youse guys put up your best candidate and Vote…may the best win. May we All win!

6. Michael says:

Don’t know what he was watching. What stole the night was what I would call “The Donald Trump Dance.” LOL