Rosie Perez to Exit ‘The View’ Next Month

Rosie Perez
Reuters/Phil McCarten

It’s official: Rosie Perez will exit “The View” at the end of the show’s regular season next month.

As Variety reported last week, “View” producers have been eyeing yet another shakeup of the show for next season, and those plans did not include Perez remaining as a regular panelist. There’s also speculation about the future of panelist Nicolle Wallace.

“The View” exec producer Bill Wolff confirmed Perez’s exit in a memo to the ABC daytime show’s staff on Tuesday.

Team,

Our friend Rosie Perez has decided to leave the show at the conclusion of this season to pursue full time her love for acting.

Stepping into the role of talk show host at the same time she has been starring on Broadway has been incredibly impressive. And beyond being an enormously talented performer, Rosie is a dedicated advocate who has brought passion and insight to the panel every day.

Rosie will always be a part of “The View” family, and we will welcome her back as a guest anytime to catch up. We’ll plan a proper send off for her in a few weeks, but in the meantime, please join me in thanking her for her great work on the show.

Bill

1. Judi Clary says:

Well there goes 2 GOOD ones…I liked to listen to them more then the others…This will be my last year for the View

• Judi Hollingsworth says:

I’m with you Judi! I wasn’t sure about Nicole but I really like her now and Rosie Perez is a doll and so sweet. The new comedian is funny and I enjoy her. I’m not much into Raven and getting tired of Whoopie so if Rosie and Nicole both leave so do I!

2. i wish rosie would stay, they are adding a loud mouth person, dont enjoy her at all. looks like the view is on its way out

3. Sandy Curran says:

I am so very sorry Rosie is leaving the show for “better opportunities” as she so beautifully put it in her good-bye speech. However, her crying so deeply during her monologue did not show that she was leaving under her own choice and perhaps she should have been a little more upbeat to support her “reasons for leaving.” Regardless, I very much enjoyed her interaction on the panel and thought she did a terrific job. I will miss her terribly.

4. Robert Carey says:

I was surprised Rosie is leaving, her love of theater and boxing is her passion. I hope Nicole stays she is great for politics discussions, Raven not so much I think she is too young for the show!

5. Marjorie Sebreros says:

I can‘t believe Rosie is leaving the view. This is so so sad. I thought that finally they got it right with Whoopi, Nicole, Rosie P. and Rosie O. This was an intelligent group of gals with great views. A group I liked listening to. Now what? If it doesn’t get better than that group, I may just have to stop watching. They need to get some intelligence in there, along with funny. The View needs help.

6. Karen says:

So sorry to hear this – you were one of my very favorites, you always shared your positiion on many, many subjects. You were and are a breath of fresh air!!!!!

7. Anna F. says:

Rosie Perez, I really enjoy you being on The View – and think what is going on behind the scenes at The View is the problem, not you or Nicolle, or any of the panel.

The problem is The Producers of The View.
    Maybe they ought to be the ones shuffled out the door.

• ShakespeareGal says:

Well said. The only one that adds anything to the show, imo, is Nicole. I don’t enjoy anyone else. Hope they consider Alli Wenworth, girl on yesterday from Full House, bring Joy Behar, Lisa Ling and Rosie O back. Michelle Rodriguez and Brandy would be interesting possibly.

8. J.Jenkins says:

Let Rosie Perez stay.

9. john says:

Whoopie still thinks Bill Cosby is innocent….and she sits at the head of the table?????…rosie and nicole at least have well formed opinions …..

10. Joetter Jenkind says:

Rosie Perez was the best one dealing with current affairs. She is a breath of fresh air that the View needed. The View has made a mistake.

• Linda Poliak says:

I don’t Rosie is leaving to explore other things. I’m pretty sure she was fired. What a mistake. I liked her better then Raven. Nicole is a great asset to the View. She might be a Republican but she’s fair unlike Elizabeth was. Bill Getty did a better job running the show then the idiots doing it now. The topics are cut to short & the heated discussions are cut short. That’s what the show was built on & the ratings were high. Joy needs to come back to improve ratings. She appeals to the older viewers & afterall its the older people that watch the show not the yound people that are going to school or working.

11. R. Martin says:

“The View” finally gets a Republican co-host who doesn’t “screech” her opinions (Wallace) and they want to get rid of her! Additionally, they finally get a wonderful Latino (Perez), and they want to fire her also ! The producers at “The View” have lost their minds !&$#*@#!! Thankfully, their brains were working for a brief moment in time….just long enough to hire the very bright/outspoken woman, Raven-Symone.

• Finally, THE VIEW is really good, really good. Rosie Perez is intelligent and informed, shes great for and with this panel of women. Nichol Wallace is a breath of fresh air, shes an intelligent informed republican that does not spit out venom, like previous co-hosts. These women are beautiful americans representing this countries diversity, both ethically and politically. Stir things up, put a woman in charge of hiring the co-hosts.

12. George says:

Leave Nicholle in, she’s funny, informative and a breath of fresh air. I guess they wanted someone more like Elizabitch who everyone hated, caused controversy and had a brain the size of a pea.

13. rhughsirius says:

Too many marbles fell out of her mouth. She’s starting to talk like someone can understand her, which frightens The View.

14. P.Lazaro says:

The View is awful, its time to cancel it.