Roma Downey’s ‘Answered Prayers’ Premieres in July on TLC

Roma Downey will soon share modern-day miracles as the host of “Answered Prayers,” as her six-part series is set to premiere in July on TLC.

Through heart-wrenching interviews, thrilling re-creations and dramatic real footage, the hourlong episodes will paint vivid portraits of ordinary people who have faced extraordinary circumstances — and miraculously lived to tell the tale. From a young boy buried for hours under 11 feet of sand, to the horror of a pastor stabbed 37 times, to a family that survives their car plunging upside down into an icy river bank, the episodes focus on how each person’s unwavering faith and trust in the power of prayer transformed potentially heartbreaking situations into stories of true inspiration.

“Answered Prayers” is produced for TLC by Downey’s LightWorkers Media, a division of United Artists Media Group (a newly formed joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett, Roma Downey and Hearst Entertainment). Executive producers for LightWorkers Media are Downey, Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly. Wendy Hinton is co-executive producer.

“Answered Prayers” premiers at 10 pm July 26 on TLC.

1. Alan Blake says:

Why would a Christian have cosmetic surgery

2. Dianna gregory says:

I would love to see the show answered prayers stay on the air. It he show needs a new time slot or have the episode air a couple more times during the week, I am at church when the show airs

3. Tammie says:

Do you take stories of answered prayers? The lord told my father he would give him one more yr after the Dr told us to say our good buys on feb. 6 1996 and he would not come back home. He came home on on Feb 7th just as God told him and he shared with us,to do what God called him to do and passed away a yr to that date as God told him as he weakened on Feb 6 1997 and passed away Feb. 7th 1997. What a wonderful yr that we were blessed with!

4. josie zullo says:

why is answered prayer not showing up on tlc Ontario? this other show is something called angels among us it’s about a medium. it’s on the tv menu but not on tv could u please look into it.

5. Francis Larthey says:

I would like to have Kevin and Roma Downey to contact me I had a near death experience.out for 36 hours with 106 fever with a kidney infection when i was 20 yrs old. The same age that my Uncle Frank who I was named after who was killed in ww11. In Alsase Lorrane France between the French & German Border. I am now 67 yrs old, A devout Catholic married with three children and two grand children living one is deceased. I seriously believe that my Aunt Sister Mary Lawrence a Poor Clare nun now deceased who was my uncle Francis sister.Prayers saved my life. Along with my Father a hero who stayed with me all the time in the hospital. He saved a child from a burning building years before. I believe it was in the Evening Bulletin in Phila Pa .

6. Sharon says:

Thank you for this series Answered Prayer. How refreshing to have a program like this on TV. I do believe God answers prayer. Thank you TLC for airing this program.

7. Denise Shelly Nordahl says:

I want to no if Tom Shelly is my long lost cousin.He would be a Jr. I thought. Our paternal Grandfather is Ervin Shelly.please pass this on to him. thank you

8. G. R. Burdick says:

To achieve some balance, how about a show about Unanswered Prayers?

9. sherry mckay says:

My husband had a gunshot to the head, I was told 3 times to take him off of lifesuport there’s no hope. I believed that the Lord would save him
    I would love to tell the miracle God performed in my family’s life

10. words980 says:

Forget about the rescue workers and paramedics, it was definitely God that deserves credit for saving their lives.

11. Today, people everywhere are struggling through life with damaged emotions. They’ve endured a lot of negative things, causing untold damage that needs to be dealt with. But all too often, these hurts are simply swept under the rug in an attempt to make them go away. Little did I realize that from the time my grandfather molested me for seven years, four to five times a week, and sometimes up to three and four times in a day that later in my life this would have a ripple effect for the next fifty years of my life.

When people especially children, as I was at the age of five, their minds, wills and emotions may be tremendously damaged. They may become negative, suspicious, critical, judgmental, worried and unsettled. They may also become what I call mentally deep, always reasoning, always trying to figure everything out, always asking why me? I put my trust in him after all he was my Grandfather. If I couldn’t put my trust in him, who could I put my trust in? How can I take care of myself? How can I keep life under control so I don’t get hurt anymore?

The problem with such a deep thinker is that he or she never gets to enjoy life. In almost every case, an abuse victim like myself, will be deeply rooted in shame and will develop a shame-based nature. Because of my Grandfather, I felt shame and rejection during the next five decades. Within the first year of sexually being abused, I built this wall around me; and I would never let anyone in. This was my way of never getting hurt ever again. Who would ever want me? In my mind I was damaged goods.

• Coco says:

Diane, Grandpa was a horrid grandfather. YOU are a beautiful human being and you can begin to alter your life this instant. Thank our Lord for being alive and we will all continue to pray for you. Trust me, your life will take on new meaning….. It is never too late…. Blessings and love

12. Austin tucker says:

How do you get on the show because two story to share my story an my daughter lillyan God is amazing

13. Judy campo says:

Happy to see positive programming to replace so much of the negative choices that are in over abundance.

14. Dawn O'Neil says:

I have an extrodinary story of a miraculous survival of my husband. He fell about 1-1/2 stories from our roof onto s concrete cistern shattering all bone structure in his face. His surgeon said he had no explanation of how he survived these horrific injuries – my “prayers is what saved him.” I don’t know why God chooses to save some and take others, but miracles do happen! Only God knows the answers as to who gets to stay and who gets to go. We have all suffered loss, but we struggle to understand “why” did one survive and one not. We are so looking forward to seeing this program. And we would love to tell our story. Thanks for listening. God bless

15. April Trebbi says:

Every time I see this commercial I get very upset. I lost my daughter. Do you not think my husband, myself or any one in my family would not have given their life for hers? Do you not think we prayed and screamed and cried in the hospital when they told us. I cringe inside when I see on TLC this commercial, making it seem if you believe and pray you can save someone. I just want you to know how you have affected others by your commercial for this show. It makes it seem that we did not pray enough, or believe enough or do anything enough to save our daughter. It makes me nuts with the religious people that believe “better place” or God has a meaning for this.” Screw you. Lose your child and then talk to me. Take their life and send them to that better place if it is great.

• Coco says:

April, I read your post earlier today and have been truly disturbed for you, your husband and every one in your family. We can utter prayers but we sometimes never experience the awesome power therein.

We recently lost the son of my first cousin. Remy, a young adult, had been ailing for several years and despite all medical and family support, he left for his heavenly abode last Wednesday. His parents flew from one state to another to take him back to his home state for the final rites however, while there they made a decision to have Remy cremated and take the ashes back. In this way, all the extended [large] family members and friends will be able to attend a memorial service and give thanks for Remy’s life amongst us.

I received the following moments after I learnt of Remy’s passing and I was compelled to share it with his grieving Mom & Dad – I hope it brings you and the family small comfort:

Psalm 139.16.GNB: You saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me had all been recorded in your book, before any of them ever began.

God loves your story. You have an amazing story. How can you be sure? Because it was written by the Lord God Himself, before you were even born. He knew every twist of the plot and every unexpected turn. Every sorrow, every joy. Wherever you go, He has already been….. He will walk before you and with you as Lord and Guide and Friend. And when you entrust your story to Him. He promises you the best of endings – a happily, heavenly , forever after.
      __________
      You are entitled to every emotion and I hurt for you. Please keep your daughter alive in your hearts and know that she is always around. She would not want all of you to continue to hurt while she is in her “happily, heavenly, forever after:

• Nicole Partra says:

I am so sorry for the pain you have endured and still are by the loss of your child. I cannot even imagine.. The loss of a child is the greatest loss one could have. I’m not sure why it seems sometimes prayers are answered and sometimes not. It doesn’t make sense. I don’t believe it’s how hard you pray or beg or plead – it’s just unexplainable to me. I have never lost a child so I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. However, I love hearing stories against the odds so I am really looking forward to this show. There’s also a new show called Project Afterlife. Maybe this would be a good show for you to watch

16. Amber Vaimaona says:

Is there a way to submit a story to the show?

17. We do not get TLC on our Cox Cable Network. Is it possible to watch online? This will be an “Answered Prayer” if we can watch online.

18. Aliseheinrich@gmail.com says:

Thank you so much for showing the truth behind these miraculous endings! God is faithful!

19. AD was so special and we learned so. much and thank you. for this wonderful biblical representative learning. I hope that this will come back to share with us the extension of the biblical days in TV form. I’m. Anxious to see & hear more. Thank you Roma Downey & Mark Burnett

20. Donna Rodgers says:

Would love more shows like this. Thanks Roma Downey

21. Andre Alexsen says:

Awesome Blessed Message Shows !!!!!!!!!!! and only !! explained by Gods answers to prayers ! ..not chance or luck …we have not cause we ask not ..believe and receive…pray and ask in Jesus name … John 3:16 ,God bless you Roma and Mark and everybody at Lightworkers Media for this show !! The Bible series , A.D , Son Of God , This world and America needs hope and positive TV and you both do Gods work and will and point to God and Jesus …Thank you and may God continue to bless you all ,And keep you and your family safe and grant you the desires of your hearts in Jesus mighty name AMEN !

22. Makhaiya Boyer says:

“Answered Prayers “, how ironic. In her program ,”A.D.:The Bible Continues ” Downey used author Trish Arlin’s copyrighted “Prayer For Compassion ” without acknowledging the author or giving her credit. When Arlin contacted Downey and reminded her that the work is copyrighted, Downey abruptly made it clear that no credit, acknowledgement or payment would be forthcoming. Not the kind of response expected from the well-known Christian actress director.

23. Abigail Kina says:

This actually looks like a worthwhile faith programming for once. Simple, heart warming and straight forward. Love it. Good for Roma Downey .

24. makerita says:

Thank you so much Roma for the spirit you have to share and continue to show to the people around the world,their is a living God waiting for us,and His living only one son Jesus Christ,this is the only one way to connect to our Father in Heaven,a prayer if we keep our faith all the times.waiting for that show.God bless you and the crew.

25. Jen Hutchinson says:

Roma, you continue to restore my faith in television. WOW. Faith and prayer can truly move mountains! Can’t wait for this show!

26. Sarah Ann says:

God is so good! Looking forward to seeing the power of prayer in action! I’ll definitely be watching.

27. Wanda McManus says:

Roma Downey makes such beautiful programming. So glad she is a beacon in a dark world. I will be watching on TLC for sure.

28. Tracy says:

This is so incredibly beautiful and POWERFUL! Cannot wait for July!!

29. LeAnn Touchen says: