Ratings: NBC’s ‘Days of Our Lives’ Continues to Rise

'Days of Our Lives' Ratings Continue
Courtesy of NBC

NBC’s “Days of Our Lives” continued its ratings hot streak last week by drawing its largest overall audience in 20 months.

The soap celebrated its 50th anniversary in early November by drawing its biggest crowd since February 2014 (2.721 million), and its audience only increased the following frame. According to Nielsen estimates, “Days” averaged 2.806 million viewers overall and a 0.89 rating in the key daytime demo of women 18-49 for the week of Nov. 9-13 — the third straight week of growth in both categories.

Compared to the same week a year ago, “Days of Our Lives” was up 13% in women 18-49 (0.89 vs. 0.79), a whopping 56% in women 18-34 (0.53 vs. 0.34) and 16% in total viewers (2.806 million vs. 2.411 million). In women 18-49, it ranked third among the week’s daytime series on ABC, CBS and NBC.

November sweep storylines also propelled CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful” to higher ratings last week. “Y&R,” the longtime daytime soap ratings leader, averaged a seven-month high 5.017 million viewers, while “Bold” hit a three-month high of 3.702 million. Both series also drew their best ratings of the fall in key female demos.

1. Donna says:

I cannot believe what you are doing to DAYS. I used to look forward to watching, but you are killing off the good characters in a ridiculous manner!! It is like watching something an amature would write. It is so boring, I rarely watch it any longer. Too bad, because I really enjoyed the story-line. I cannot believe it is getting good ratings. You are getting rid of the young characters and keeping the “OLD FARTS”. Now Abigail is going. Evidently you are not paying enough. Really folks, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???

2. sue says:

well no more days for me bo and sami patch are a big part of the show now they have killed bo again

3. Soap Dish says:

I am just shocked that YnR is up in ratings. It’s the WORST!

4. BJ says:

I LOVE DAYS SO MUCH… I STARTED WATCHING DOL WITH MY GRANDMA WHEN I WAS REAL YOUNG…BEEN WATCHING FOR ABOUT 43 YRS NOW…. MY FAVORITE SHOW…I ESPECIALLY LOVE HOPE,CHAD,SAMMY AND DOUG AND JULIE…HOPE DAYS LASTS ANOTHER 50.ROCK ON !!

5. Marilyn says:

I feel bad that Bo is living just when he reunites with Hope.. they are my favorite characters on the show and I watched the show since 1979. Now I will quit watching because there is nothing to look forward too.

6. Karen says:

I don’t like the idea they killed off Bo.

7. Renee Eller says:

Why did peter rickwell have to go off of day he and patch is my favorite characters

8. B Petro says:

I would think that DOOL would keep Bo since the ratings are up. I just started watching it again because Bo came back. I find myself losing interest knowing that Bo will be killed off. I agree with another fan, if Bo wants to leave why doesn’t DOOL just send him off somewhere???? Very disappointed!!!

9. Marie says:

I have watched DOOL since the beginning, I am so upset that you killed off Bo. If he didn’t want to stay on the show, you could have sent him off somewhere just in case he would return at a later day.

10. Donna says:

The ratings went up because everyone thought Bo was coming back. I wish he had been willing to put a little more time in to his leaving. Too fast and too short. But, it is what it is. I think in general everyone was always hoping that the couple of the whole soap network. Hope this don’t hurt the ratings. But I think it will. I am just glad that it ended in the manner that we know that he will not be returning to the show ever. I guess the new couple in the spot light will be Kayla and Steve. A good couple. But never be Bo and Hope.

11. janet says:

Angry about Bo’s demise. Why can’t they find a cure? Everybody else found cures for worse situations. We have missed him over the last 3 years. Been a fan since the beginning.

12. J says:

It seems that scripted shows on daytime are making a come back. The talk shows that replaced them are going down in the ratings.