Phil Rosenthal Returns to TV with ‘I’ll Have What Phil’s Having’

Phil Rosenthal
Image Courtesy of Aaron Davidson/Getty Images

“Everybody Loves Raymond” creator Phil Rosenthal is making his return to television.

As the host and executive producer of the upcoming six-part PBS series “I’ll Have What Phil’s Having,” Rosenthal will explore culinary delicacies around the world.

“If a guy like me can try other foods and travel to other lands, then maybe others will be inspired to do it too, even in their own city,” said Rosenthal.

In the hour-long series, Rosenthal will go on gastronomic adventures to Hong Kong, Barcelona, Paris, Tokyo and Los Angeles, along with celebrity guest stars including Allison Janney, Ray Romano, Martin Short and Larry Wilmore.

Executive producer Laurie Donnelly said, “We hope Phil’s quirky, adventurous spirit will inspire audiences to have their own culinary discoveries, big or small and to say, ‘I’ll have what Phil’s having!’”

“I’ll Have What Phil’s Having” premieres September 28.

1. Charles Waidler says:

“Can I say it’s absolutely the best croissant in Paris? Yes!” Paris show was incredible. I watch it over and over. Film another one in Paris Phil!!

2. Deborah Jones says:

I absolutely love this show. I love Phil’s genuine responses to food; he is a great foodie because he has no expectations on what things should taste like. If he hates it you will know (hundred year egg ). I would definitely take recommendations from him. I wish there were more shows. Please do a marathon of all of his shows.

3. Krista says:

I have just binged watched all of Phil’s shows. It’s refreshing to see a non-cheffy travel/food show that all of us who are working for a living, but love to travel can relate too. Thanks for not faking it when you don’t like something. Eel bones…forget about it!! Go to Morocco! Thanks Phil.

4. Eat Phil says:

UNBELIEVABLE SHOW… ! Hard to believe that in a world of SH*T television shows the good fold at PBS don’t consider this a chance to steal 5 million biers from the corporate TV networks with this AMAZING TV SHOW ! Thanks Phil !

5. DioxV says:

Just watched the first of 2 episodes I saved on DVR and I agree with earlier posts–Phil is awesome! Goofy and knowledgeable, he gives the best commentary. I’m sad there are only 6 episodes!

6. Alice says:

I just watched the Italy episode and have just fallen in love. With Italy and Phil! I could watch him for hours. Funny, interesting and so warm. Like I was traveling with him. A dream to travel to parts of the world that I would not otherwise experience. But…a six episode series? Too much to see/eat and so little time. Can’t wait for the next episode.

7. David Stafford says:

Why can’t the networks give Phil another chance at sitcoms. He has a great mind. I feel networks just want non-scripted shows. I look forward to watching I’ll have what Phil’s having.