AMC Orders Motorcycle Travel Series ‘Ride with Norman Reedus’

Norman Reedus
Courtesy of AMC

AMC has given a six-episode order to an unscripted series featuring “Walking Dead” star Norman Reedus exploring motorcycle culture around the country.

Ride with Norman Reedus” hails from Left/Right Productions. Each hourlong episode will follow Reedus and a friend touring a different city via motorcycle and checking out bike shops, tattoo parlors, bars and restaurants frequented by chopper enthusiasts. Reedus’ companions will range from actors and artists to local bikers.

The series is targeted to air next year.

“There is nobody more passionate about motorcycles than Norman Reedus,” said Joel Stillerman, president of original programming and development for AMC and SundanceTV.  “He is an avid rider and aficionado who is deeply immersed in motorcycle culture. There is also nobody more fun to hang out with. This show will bring those two elements together for a weekly ride into the incredible world of motorcycles and the people who live and breathe them.”

The series is one of a handful of unscripted programs on AMC’s schedule. The network last year scrapped plans to produce two unscripted projects that had received series orders. At the time the cabler said it would be selective in its approach to unscripted series while plowing more resources into its bread-and-butter scripted drama series.

Reedus’ stature as a star of the wildly popular “Walking Dead” makes “Ride” a natural fit for AMC.

“I’m incredibly excited and thankful to AMC for giving me the opportunity to share a passion of mine with our fans, and hopefully a whole new audience. I had a lot of fun filming and exploring, and I hope it shows,” said Reedus.

Left/Right’s Ken Druckerman and Banks Tarver are exec producers.

“Norman’s interest in motorcycle culture and his natural ability to make friends wherever the road takes him are just two of the key ingredients that make this show so exciting for us,” said Druckerman.

1. Aynslee says:

I Love The walking dead and my favorite character is Daryl Dixon!! A.K.A Norman Reedus.

2. Patty says:

Norman come ride in Ulster county NY. Pick me up in Kingston and ride to Woodstock NY. Lol fun day trip riding.

3. Barn Brownell says:

Can’t wait to see the show, huge fan of riding, with my honey. I wish I knew where Norman was traveling to??
    I’m sure it will be a great show! Thanks! :-)

4. Veronica says:

You’ve just made one of my dreams come true….

5. Robert Bonds says:

come to Arizona and ride with us Scud… Walking dead is our number one show…..

6. Eric Sullivan says:

Walking Dead is my favorite tv show. But to be blunt here, this is total crap.

• Kerri Manjarrez says:

Maybe you are total 💩 and just jealous. How do you know until you watch it? Norman is a very down to earth cool guy. He does not act snobby and is very dedicated to all of his fans. MAYBE YOU HATERS should just get over yourself because he is the hottest Man Alive.

7. Harlan Ackerman here Norman Reedus is no more passionate about motorcycles then I am I sent him a tweet letting him know I would be in Senoia in August to go bike riding he did not show up came home found out that he was Was riding in Cherokee North Carolina he did not even tweet to me back and say hey I’m in Cherokee North Carolina come go riding I guess it’s only the Select ones that he rides with I figured that he would go riding with me since I look so much like Herschel guess not I would be available to go riding with him on this project I work on my own bike I am a mechanic and a trucker but I know something like this would never happen to me have a good day

• Carlos T. Jackal says:

Here’s some punctuation for you. Try it, it does wonders for the clarity of your message.
      ,,,…;;;'””””?!?

8. Carlos T. Jackal says:

Too bad they’re focusing on the dirtbags-with-tattoos “chopper” side of motorcycling. It’s a much richer world than just that.

9. Mark says:

William H Macy for biker guest, please.

10. Bill B. says:

Really like him, but I’ll pass on this.

11. Campaign agaist zombie apocalypse survivors w/ Marilyn Manson hair says:

Norman,

PLEASE get a HAIRCUT.

Please get a HAIRCUT.

PLEASE get a haircut.

Please, sir, and AMC, I beg of you, cut that ridiculous, greasy, disgusting nest on top of that head.

The sight of it drives me crazy every time I see his face on The Walking Dead.

12. John says:

Norm Reedus – “Sons of Anarchy” Charlie Hunnam wannabe.

13. Who wouldn’t be certain that the program is planned as a filler… although Reedus certainly would serve as a great host, I have faith he can be a great interviewer & orator.