‘One Life to Live’ Star Dies Following Car Crash

Nathaniel Marston Car Accident
Facebook

Nathaniel Marston, star of TV soap opera “One Life to Live,” died on Wednesday following an Oct. 30 car crash that had left him paralyzed. He was 40.

His mother, Elizabeth, confirmed the news on Facebook.

“Dear family and friends, it is with a heavy heart that I share this devastating news,” she wrote. “My beloved and cherished son, Nathaniel Marston, who was putting up the good fight until last night was not able to continue due to the traumatic and devastating nature of his injuries. Nathaniel passed away peacefully as I held him in my arms.”

Marston had been in critical condition after the serious crash in Reno, Nevada, in which he suffered a broken neck and back.

The actor is best known for his role as Michael McBain on “One Life To Live.” He also appeared on “As the World Turns” until 1999.

He is survived by his mother and wife, Rita.

1. Janet says:

So sad we as fans will miss his starhood! He was great at his craft!!

2. So sorry to hear this, he was a very likeable guy, good spirit. The world has another angel now. My deepest sympathy to his mother and family. He will be missed. We have but one life to live.

3. Heather says:

According to his mom, had he been wearing his seatbelt he would have been killed instantly. His truck was decimated. Hard to say which is worse but glad she was with him and he knew he was loved. Truly a shame.

4. Lynn says:

My condolences to family and friends!

5. Very tragic; I feel sorry for the family and friends. It was reported by the media that he was not wearing the seat belt. Again time and time again not only is it the law, but it’s proven seat belt save lives.

6. This is so very sad. I am sending up prayers for him.

7. J says:

Change the headline. His name is Nathaniel Marston — not ‘One Live to Live’ star. He was/is an amazing individual. Don’t cheapen his legacy with click-bait.

8. My deepest sympathy to his Mom Rita. As a Ma my heart goes out to her. God bless her. My prayers are still with both of them.

9. It is devastating to us and only us. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. We must have the Lord in us. There is a destination that condemers go to that are not like Jesus end up being burned up.

10. Jane says:

This is such sad news.We watched him on OLTL and really loved him and Marcie. Prayers to the family.

11. charcramer says:

He was so popular on One Life to Live, that when his character Al Holden was killed, fans demanded his return. And in wonderful soap fashion, they brought him back as Michael McBain. His romance with Marcie was unique and memorable. I hope Nathaniel is at peace now.

12. So sad and so young. I recall he did not have his seat belt on and was thrown. Prayers to his family.