Leonard Nimoy’s Final Tweet: ‘A Life Is Like a Garden’

Leonard Nimoy, who starred in the original “Star Trek” series, died Friday.

The thesp posted his final message on Twitter on Sunday, time-stamped at 11:36 p.m. Pacific Time, which said: “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP.” The last abbreviation, of course, is a reference to his Vulcanese Spock catchphrase, “Live long and prosper,” which Nimoy used as a sign-off for nearly all of his posts.

Since Nimoy’s death was announced, the message had been retweeted more than 100,000 times. The multi-hyphenate actor, writer, director, author, singer and songwriter produced numerous works, including helming “Star Trek” pics “The Search for Spock” and “The Voyage Home.”

1. Kenneth Dixon says:

I grew up watching star trek I always loved it when spock put his hand on enimie shoulder and knocked them out, RIP Spock AKA Lenard Nimoy

2. Ruth says:

So sad, condolences to family, RIP Mr. Niimoy

3. zola wapiya says:

Very Sad day to hear this news. Sending prayers to family.

4. tammy says:

I grew up watching Star Trek my mom loved them and this man . she passed away 2 years ago she owned all the movies that came out on Video and DVD which I now own and watch in her honor. tonight I will be watching them in honor of them both RIP to them both.

5. mspinkfrog says:

Leonard Nimoy made it ok to be different in the future in his role as Mr. Spock. In high school I was part of the resident nerd group and he made it ok to be me. Thank you so much for forging the path so I could LLAP. He will be missed greatly,

6. phelim mccrory says:

I’ll miss his sonorous voice

7. Theresa Bass says:

I’m gonna miss you Spock! My favorite Trekir on the show ‘Star Trek’ may you RIP LLAP

8. chris says:

hies on his final journey home,,,GOD SPEED Mr spock

9. Chuck Snedeker says:

Mr. Nimoy, Leonard –
    You are, and always will be, my friend.
    You will “Live long, and prosper” in our hearts and memories, forever.

• wolfie simmons says:

To the Nimoy family . I will always say live long and prosper and give the valcan sign. May lenoard’s journey be free on incident.I am thankful to grow up in a time when Star Trek was a household show. I was so excited to go where no man had gone before. I dreamed of transporting and putting my phasier
      on stun. I performed the valcan grip on my brothers several times and it worked. I used the mind melt on my wife to better understand her. Ha Ha just kinding! My favorite spock scene was in the voyage home when he did the mind melt on the whale to better under stand the species.Jim Kirk and spock will always be my favorite dou. MY heart aches a little but i feel touched by a man , a show that is part of me. Every day I say live long and prosper and then I add may your journey be free of incident and keep the faith.
      I loved all the characters on star trek being of different counties and race.I loved the good they portrayed to civilizations that needed them at times and if they did not they found a way home out of their world.
      I pray Dr. Spock is doing warp 8 and will continue on his journey exploring the heavens.
      Thank you for the the imagination and fun I really will always remember you and our journey together.
      The good of the one” you spock” Dr. leonard nimoy is greater than the many.
      I pray for the family and your loss
      sincerely
      Ronald .T. Simmons

• Leonard Nimoy, is alive. His soul is alive. He is thinking: I thought I died with one eye brow raised. He is in a glorious light that gives good things that are eternal.

10. Jack Hall says:

My condolences to your family. Thank you for giving us you gift of telling a story. I’ll miss you.

11. janet says:

good by mr nimoy you will be missed.

12. John Cribbs says:

He will truly be missed. Just loved watching Star Trek with my family and friends. My deepest sympathies to his wife and family. We love him.

13. Chris chapman says:

may you know the way to go home, the passage for the rest of us will be cleared…thank you Lenoard Nimoy– we shall live long andprosper

14. kim scott says:

Leonard Nimoy-you have been a highly admired person in my home. My condolences to your family. May you find peace and rest. Peace, live long and prosper.