‘Judge Judy’ Extends Big Bucks Contract With CBS Through 2020

'Judge Judy' Extends Big Bucks Contract

Judge Judy Sheindlin has extended her whopping contract with CBS TV Distribution to host the top-rated “Judge Judy” through the 2019-20 season.

Deal adds three more seasons to her existing pact, which would have expired at the end of the 2016-17 cycle.

The extension is undoubtedly lucrative for Sheindlin, who has been making more than $47 million a year under her previous contract. This time around, the deal also includes a first-look production component for her Queen Bee Prods. banner, which launched another successful courtshow strip this season, “Hot Bench.”

“I’m thrilled to be working with my CBS family for five more years, and very excited about this new adventure in production,” Sheindlin said. “I loved the experience of creating and developing ‘Hot Bench’ and look forward to replicating its success with more new, compelling and smart TV.”

Even with her mammoth salary, “Judge Judy” is a cash cow for CBS. Now in its 19th season, the gaveler reigns as the undisputed No. 1 firstrun syndicated series by a wide margin with an average of 10.3 million viewers each week.

“We could not be more excited to continue our longtime relationship with Judy,” said CBS Global Distribution Group president Armando Nunez. “She is a true television icon who entertains and inspires millions of fans each day. We look forward to continuing to provide our station partners with her highly successful show and to working with her to create the next generation of hits.”

Sheindlin ranks as one of the highest-paid personalities in TV, and with her legal background she has the wherewithal to orchestrate her own contracts. She’s not known to have an agent or manager.

1. Fern says:

Love me some Judge Judy!! Congratulations on behalf extended contract. I don’t miss an episode record every last one of them. One of my favorite saying: “if it doesn’t make sense, it usually isn’t true.” She ain’t never lied. LOL

2. Michelle says:

Those whom illustrate negativity to a refined woman of moral stature is showing one self to be one whom has a past which is of a negative magnitude and shall keep ones self intact or as Judy says, get a job!

3. Ty says:

Everything is all about money. It shouldn’t. I’m sure she is an OK judge. I don’t whatch the show. This women is 72 years old she got all the money in the world. She mine as well and go ahead and retire.

4. Al Dattolo says:

I LOVE JUDGE JUDY. SHE DESERVES EVERY DOLLAR OF HER SALARY. SHE IS NO NONSENSE AND I WISH SHE WOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT!

5. Gary says:

I can’t believe they give this b*tch this kind of money to simply insult and belittle people. What a f**ked up country we live in. And let’s not forget the millions of morons that watch this show religiously, thus allowing her to be given that insane salary.

6. Raul velazquez says:

I recently watched a few shows of judge Judy and I firmly believe that she should be asked to take a sanity test it is obvious that she has anger management issues, and I don’t believe that she has the right to disrespect and treat people with the sarcasm she uses while preceding over the different cases presented on her reality show I’m sure that she could be found guilty for harassment in some instances.
    I won’t be wasting my time watching a lunatic judge.

7. Jan Seymour says:

JUDGE JUDY AT THE TOP OF HER GAME

Judge Judy showed her astute understanding of the American Legal System when she ruled:

1. The rights of a deceased person’s friends supersede those of the family.
    2. Legal documents have no bearing and should be dismissed sight unseen.
    3. Witnesses should not be allowed to testify as they will only confuse the judge.
    4. A deceased person’s income taxes need not be paid for the year of his death.

Judge Judy was able to make all of these rulings in one short case; just imagine what she can do now with even more time!

8. Oingo says:

Trash T.V.

9. GetAGrip says:

Oh Please! How unprofessional she is!! What a “show-boater!!” She is down right rude to people!! Nothing more than another stupid no brain reality show. To think she gets paid so much more money yearly than doctors who cure kids of cancer. Just like sports so-called “super stars”.

10. John harris says:

No way is any human in any profession worth $47,000,000.00 a year. Especially any TV person. Doctors possibly, fire persons,police,etc;,but not TV or entertainment people. Nuff said!

11. Ellie says:

She is very intelligent, talented woman and glad she will be around for another 5 years.
    I love the new show she produced ”HOT BENCH” but one day would like to see her on the bench as a guest judge.

12. joe says:

there is no fing way I would ever in my lifetime watch her

13. I absolutely adore this woman. We need a lot more judges and people like her. Good old fashioned common sense is very rare these days and Judge Judy — Bless her heart — has a truckload of it.

14. vicki says:

I watch Judge Judy every day but it is on ABC, is she moving to CBS or what is the deal?

15. 2slick4u says:

I love Judge Judy. Her program is the only legal Judge show that I take seriously, and she means business. She doesn’t clown around like the rest of those other fake scripted legal Judges shows.
    She’s the best, and congrats for her long term contract. Best wishes for higher ratings Judge. I will continue to watch your show.

16. tina says:

We’ll tight or wrong you better have your I dotted and your t ‘s cross.and your paperwork right. Cdfu.😁 cause she’s not playing. ???especially if she going to pay you😊😊😊she feels she’s the judge she not there cuz she’s beautiful she’s there cuz what she say he been doing this many years.😀😊

17. Cindy says:

My husband use to work in the legal field for a short time, he lives watching Judge Judy.
    I on the hand have never seen or heard of a Judge that treats & speaks to and conduct court in the manner in which she does.
    Therefore I won’t want her.

18. Pit bull friend says:

Her remarks are rude, condescending, and unprofessional. To demean people in such a forum is abuse from a position of power a formula cultivated by a person with insecurities. I have known some very good judges they did not need to make their judgements with verbal cruelty toward the parties involved. If a person actually listened to her decisions they begin to realize they are not based on the facts or the law but prejudice of feelings. I am surprised and disappointed her show is continuing but I guess some people enjoy watching abuse.

• On the contrary, she doesn’t take anyone’s guff or b.s. Good for her!!!

• Raul velazquez says:

I think the only person that will like judge Judy is her self and I have no doubt that she’ll probably create fictitious user names and leave positive comments to her self lol.

19. vicki says:

Y
    YAY!!!!!! Love my fix of Judge Judy everyday !!!

20. John Redcorn says:

Well I guess IM in the minority, first off she is an EX-JUDGE.She is a judge no more,,What she is,is an arbitrator. Secondly,she speaks to people like she is 1000 times better than they are..I think when you have “power” like she seems to have with this show,you would show a little more class for lack of a better word.
    I guess everyone loves her and thats why she is getting the money..
    i WILL KEEP WATCHING JUDGE Milian on Peoples Court….Thats a woman with class

• Roslyn Summerfield says:

PLEASE get rid of her grumpy sidekick! She is rude and opinionated and treats everyone as if they are beneath her. And why doesn’t she try using her inside voice.

21. Howard Thurston says:

She is very bright and nullifies the negative image of the intelligent yet devastatingly evil rich Jewish woman who was personified by Leona Helmsly. Judge Schiendlien can be brutal to the stupid or lazy but they usually deserve it. The television audience doesn’t despise her like they certainly did Helmsly. But none of them would want to be in the shoes of the litigant while they are getting Judge Judy’s full wrath of a court room dressing down.

22. Phyllis Cody says:

HURRAY FOR JUDGE JUDY !!!!!!! I NEVER MISS HER EPISODES !! EVEN WATCH HER AT 4 AM ON SUNDAY MORNINGS !!!!!!

• Me too. It’s my Sunday morning ritual, except for me she’s on at 6 a.m. I’m up by 5:50. Put the coffee on for my husband. Make a pot of tea and just as the music starts, I am on the sofa, all cuddled up waiting to hear her words of wisdom.

23. Brik-a-braka…
    fire cracker
    sis boom ba

JUDGE JUDY JUDGE JUDY
    RAH RAH RAH

24. Michael Blake says:

No one more deserving should reap the gifts of success like Judge Judy. I love her!

25. Awesome EM says:

She seems to dislike anyone that is being helped one way or another by the government, like disability, food stamps and so on but, I love her! I think she would make an awesome President ..

• I don’t think she has a problem with people who genuinely need help. She definitely does have a problem with able-bodied people who scam the system. I agree with her 100% that if she ruled the world, we wouldn’t have nearly so many individuals on social assistance.

26. Bambi says:

I Love Judge Judy I listen to her law antics and she has taught me a lot…..THANKS JUDGE JUDY.💗

27. Rev. Col. K.D. Frazier says:

I don’t always agree with Judge Judy’s decisions either ; BUT I LOVE her program and respect her decisions … right or wrong in my opinion .

28. Lisa says:

I don’t always agree with her rulings either. Especially when it’s a parent suing their grown kids for a loan that was agreed to be repaid. Judge Judy seems to think that ALL parents can afford to just give money to their grown kids, and seems to think that it’s awful for a parent to sue their grown kids. I totally disagree, and don’t think most people can afford to just GIVE money to their grown kids. I think she’s lost touch (if she ever did) on what it is to be an average wage earner. But I do watch her show, it’s very entertaining and she doesn’t put up with guff from anyone.

29. rhonda johnson says:

congrats i love her shows and i watch them each and every day since she has been on ..the hot bench show is just as good but they allow the ligitents to talk to each other where judge judy would not ..it’s her play pen as she calls it i love it ..yeah he is tuff but fair ..glad to hear that you will still be here ..thank you :)

30. Big Daddy D says:

Although I personally think that Judge Judy can be quite the opinionated b*tech, and I disagree with some of her rulings..I do love the show and wish her all the best on her new contract.