Jim Beaver Returning to ‘Supernatural’ in Season 10 (EXCLUSIVE)

Jim Beaver Bobby Singer
Image courtesy of The CW

Supernatural” favorite Jim Beaver will return to the hit CW series for its April 1 episode, Variety has learned exclusively.

In the episode, titled “Inside Man,” Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) need a little help from someone in heaven, so they turn to Bobby (Beaver). Elsewhere, Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell) face off.

Beaver’s beloved character, Bobby Singer, was killed in the season seven episode “Death’s Door,” but has made several reappearances in spirit form since then. Beaver last appeared on screen in the season nine premiere “I Think I’m Gonna Like It Here” as a manifestation of Sam’s subconscious.

Beaver is currently starring in the play “Verdigris” (which the thesp also wrote) at Theatre West in Los Angeles. He’ll next be seen on the big screen in Guillermo del Toro’s “Crimson Peak,” alongside Tom Hiddleston, Mia Wasikowska and Jessica Chastain.

1. ndnwmn says:

Regarding Crimson Peak…Stupid Variety…Should of mentioned that one of TV/Movies hottest stars Charlie Hunnam is also starring in said movie….

2. Love the Series “Supernatural”! I hope it never ends. I can’t stop watching the series. Over and over agian. And my wife and kids love yr series as well. You’s are doing Great! Keep up the good work.

3. I second that Stacey!! That is exactly what I was thinking. It would be expected of the writers.

• Stacey says:

You are so right that it’s something the writers would do. I did check Jim Beaver’s Facebook page and there is absolutely no mention of his return on there nor on Jared’s which makes me think April fools

4. Stacey says:

I suspect this is not true – but I so hope I’m wrong….note date of April fools

5. lisa ketchum says:

Maybe debbie think she is a queen.queens talk like that.she could be a member of a fan group! Yeah that’s it!

6. Sharon says:

Never understood why that got rid of his character as well as Kevin’s . But I really wish they’d explain where John is. The show started off so strong this season but lately we’ve gotten so so episodes. Hoping now it will take off & be excellent . Love those boys, can’t figure out how they’ll fix Deans arm I don’t want him as a demon that would crush me. Must have faith the writers will know how to keep us on the edge of seats as usual! Great writers keep up the good work!

7. SPNFan says:

Im so excited to get to see Bobby back. Wish it was more than 1 episode.

8. Really want to see Mary back myself, and was hoping that Samantha Smith’s appearance at Vegas Con meant she may return. I also want to see John back just so Dean has have a few strong words – although likely they’d be visions in Dean’s mind. I get that Bobby is a beloved character, but by constantly bringing him back it sort of devalues the episode Deaths Door.

9. Tina says:

@Debbie When you express an opinion, please use “I” and not “we”. You speak for yourself, not on behalf of the fandom. I would love to have JDM back but I also loved Bobby and I am more than happy to see him again.

10. Hooray! I need a little Bobby in my SPN now and then! As for Debbie Downer there in the comments… her “WE”‘s are not speaking for all of us. Seriously. SHE is not glad. SHE is not glad at all. Not the rest of us. Many of us love Jim Beaver!

11. Debbie says:

We are not glad. To hear that bobby will be returning to supernatural. We did not care for him that much. why not have Jeffery Dean morgan come back because he said that will love to come back as John winchister. We are not glad at all

• Layla George says:

I HEART Bobby. I wish he’d come back permanently. Speak for yourself and not ‘WE’.

• Shar12833 says:

Debbie, Don’t you think it’s just a tad arrogant to presume that you have the right to speak for me? I, personally, adore Bobby and am VERY pleased to have him back even for just one episode. In the future, please speak only for yourself. To all those thinking it might be an April fools joke, Jim himself said on Twitter, that it is not a joke.

• felicia says:

m glad i love bobby debbie ur a downer

12. becky says:

So help me if this is an April fools joke my fangirl heart can’t handle it!! #NotOk!!

13. eric staten says:

the show just has been missing something since bobby been gone an now that’s he’s coming back it’ll make the show that much more better for everyone

14. sandboxguard says:

What is even happening in this show anymore.

15. Excited to see Bobby!! Love Jim Beaver in everything I’ve seen him in! Can’t wait to see him on the big screen!!

16. sunniidae says:

I loved Meg!!! They need to re-write history so she can be the one the one to get Castiels’ virginity.

17. Sybo says:

This better not be an april fools thing

18. Sam says:

This better not be a horrible April Fools joke! I love Bobby!!

19. Excited he’s going to be back, I love Bobby! Now, totally make me happy, and bring back the Trickster!

20. Jinny says:

I’m glad to hear this, but I wish John Winchester would make an appearance and JDM wants to come back too :(

21. Molly says:

This will mean he continues his streak of being in every season!

22. Elizabeth says:

I was wondering if they would shoehorn him into S10 somehow. He’s been in at least one episode every single season; it would be a shame to break the streak. :)

23. evoc says:

I am glad to see Bobby return and wish he’d make regular appearances, but it sounds like Beaver is a busy actor. He was good in the old Deadwood series on Showtime, and fit right in with Supernatural. It would be good to see more of him on TV.

24. Arthur says:

Even if it’s just for one episode, I’m glad Bobby is going to make an appearance. I miss him! Have to say, Dean, Sam, Cas, and Bobby are definitely my favorite SPN characters.

25. Annie says:

I’m so happy to hear Jim Beaver (Bobby) is returning to Supernatural. I really hated they killed him off the show. Welcome back BOBBY!!!!

26. cdhaskell says:

I am glad that Jim Beaver return to the series.