Jessica Lange Confirms She’s Leaving ‘American Horror Story’

After four seasons starring on “American Horror Story,” Emmy winner Jessica Lange confirmed she’s leaving the FX anthology series, which is executive produced by Ryan Murphy.

“I’m done,” Lange told the crowd at Paleyfest, after repeated questions by the moderator.

“We’ve had a great run here. I have absolutely loved doing these four characters that I’ve had the opportunity to play, and in all madness, I love the writers and Ryan and the insanity of shooting it.”

Lange had long hinted that the fourth season would be her last.

1. There are plenty of other good people on the show that made it worth watching. Lange played the same type of character every season. The writers need to kick it up a notch. I will definitely be watching to see how season 5 turns out.

2. bree says:

American horror story is a great show and Jessica Lange made it so great. I feel that the show will lose alot of viewers due to Jessica leaving. She was the boss of the show and no one can replace her.

3. amber says:

It was an amazing show for the first 3 seasons, but season 4 was awful, so I think she left at the perfect time. I can’t imagine Lady Gaga is going to be a good actress. I don’t see this show lasting much longer. Jessica Lange was American Horror Story. She can’t be replaced.

4. V. Soler says:

I’m going to really miss seeing Jessica Lange on AHS. Her character IMO is the strongest in the series.

5. Donna Pate says:

Very sorry to hear that. I love Jessica Lange. But I wish her the best and she will be missed and I think she was always a big draw for me to the show.

6. Jan says:

Well, the newbies will have a hard act to follow but I will watch anyway :)

7. steve says:

Yeah, #4 started out good, but was disappointing. Saw this coming. Maybe Lady Gaga will breathe new life back into the series.

8. Anna S. says:

Much as I liked her performances, it;s a good career move on her part. The show was clutching at straws in Season 4. Terrible writing. All over the place. Lange deserves better material. It’s time for this show to call it a day. I predict Season 5 will crash and burn, and be the last nail in the series’ coffin.

9. Leah says:

I respect her decision but it is a huge loss. It’s an astounding, mesmerizing show but Jessica Lange was absolutely stunning in it. What terrific performances!

10. elizabeth says:

Wont watch it anymore…..She was the insaneness behind the show…Love her…

11. Jay says:

I don’t watch that show but she is one of the greats. I fell in love with her when I saw King Kong back in 1976.

12. raerae2478 says:

So sad to see her go- she was the reason I started watching in the first place.

13. Richard says:

Good news. Time for new blood. Also, don’t ever cast Precious again.

14. CK says:

Another TV show that feels it has to hire freaks like Lady Gaga.

Jessica Lang IS American Horror Story, she will be missed. I hope the networks enjoys the 1.8 percent jump in viewership, minus the percent lost due to hiring Lady Gaga, for my estimate of a 30 percent net loss in viewership…good job.

15. Krystaloy says:

well there goes another series off to me, because my main reason to watch it was Jessica Lange!!!! It’s so painful to see her go!!! :'(

16. Sam Smith says:

She was the reason to watch the show