Actor, Fitness Instructor Greg Plitt Struck and Killed by Train

Greg Plitt Dead: Actor, Fitness Model

Greg Plitt, an actor and renowned fitness instructor, was struck and killed by a Metrolink train on Saturday in Burbank.

He was 37.

Plitt recently starred in the Bravo show “Work Out.” He also appeared in the network’s upcoming reality series “Friends to Lovers,” which premieres Monday.

According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Transit Services Bureau, Plitt was struck just after 4:00 p.m. on Front Street, north of the Metrolink station.

The former Calvin Klein model was with some friends who may have been taking video at the time, according to KABC.

“He had on all black. The train went by. I saw him stumble over the tracks. He had a camcorder in his hand,” a Metrolink passenger told the local TV station.

The incident is currently under investigation.

Plitt also appeared in the 2013 boxing drama “Grudge Match” opposite Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro.

1. lyn says:

This is so sad and shocking. Such an inspiration and eyes of an angel. Prayers go out to family and friends. Guess one never knows there time. This should of been preventable it’s negligent on everyones part. It almost makes one pissed off so many stupid deaths of such young and worthy lives lost. Bless you for serving our country.

2. Paul says:

Fucking life…Why he…? I can’t belive it….You will be always in my memory and heart – hope we will meet one day in heaven….R.I.P. CHAMPION

3. K.B. says:

I hate to tell ‘ya, but when you get hit by a train, it’s your fault… plain and simple.

4. ravensgal says:

So sad, but wtf was he doing there? I understand filming for a commercial but this was clearly prohibited and unsafe. I feel bad for his family. Preventable accident. Another warning to kids to stay the heck away from trains and train tracks. Not safe or cool.

• BJ says:

He had his back to the train and thought it was on the other track…

• Reality Luzers says:

So… filming on train tracks…. not aware of your surroundings…. man versus train… man loses…. doesn’t sound all that “brilliant” of a move to me…… “back to the train” or not…..

5. PETER JAY says:

Greg Plitt was a great inspiration to me in my photography and painting.

6. Don Ryder says:

RIP Greg,..you will never grow old.

7. PETER JAY says:

OMG! I am shocked!

8. RIP Greg you were a big motivation to me….

9. Ben Cornelius says:

I feel badly for Mr Plitt and his loved ones but, as a supervisor of railroad train crews, I feel worse for the Engineer of the Metrolink train. Trains have steel wheels on steel rails. There’s not much friction and they can’t stop quickly. The Engineer can sound the whistle and apply the brakes when s/he sees someone on the tracks, but that’s the extent of it. There’s nothing else to be done. They can’t steer around an obstacle. It’s an awful feeling to be the Engineer of a train that strikes someone. There’s nothing you could have done about it. Filming on train tracks is as dangerous as filming in the middle of a highway. As I say, I feel badly for Mr Plitt’s loved ones but, simply put, if he hadn’t been on the track he wouldn’t have been struck by a train.

• ravensgal says:

I agree he was old enough to know better and this isnt anything to joke about, kids need to know this isnt safe or cool to do.

10. Ada Slodysko says:

So sad. May he rest in peace!

11. tragic, what is going on with train tracks filming?

12. v says:

And he was an US Army Ranger. The man served his country too. But let’s not add that Variety to the article. lameasses….. RIP.

13. Tce Haus says:

Man’s video blogs were an inspiration. Sad to lose a man that added to the prosperity of the universe. My thoughts and prayers are with your friends and family. God rest you sir.

14. tricia says:

I’m sorry for those who are left behind

15. neil s says:

RIP, was a member of his site, awesome videos, great inspiration. Better to live 30 years as a lion than a lifetime as a lamb.

16. J.E. Vizzusi says:

“Could this be another Film Crew shooting on Railroad Tracks without a Permit?

17. Luka says:

what a shame he had his whole life ahead of him, such a nice, great guy and a very charismatic individual. I hope he finds peace wherever he’s going. rest in peace Greg Plitt.