Giuliana Rancic Exits ‘E! News’ Anchor Post

Giuliana Rancic Exits 'E! News' Anchor
Jim Spellman/WireImage

Giuliana Rancic is stepping down from the anchor post at “E! News,” the network announced late Wednesday, but will stay on at the network in other roles.

No specific reason was cited for her shift away from the daily flagship program, nor did the network name a successor. She will continue at “Fashion Police” and “Live From the Red Carpet.”

“During her time here, Giuliana played an instrumental role in building ‘E! News’ into a global entertainment news powerhouse and, while we will miss seeing her on set every day,’” said Adam Stotsky, E! GM  and president, Esquire Network.

“This is such a thrilling time for me and I thank the gang at E! for understanding my desire to embark on this next chapter in my life,” she said in a statement.

While the network did not name a successor, Variety has learned conversations are occurring to expand Maria Menounos’ role, though she is not stepping in for Rancic at this point. Currently, Menounos is a regular correspondent on “E! News.”

Rancic’s co-host Terrence Jenkins, plus “E! News” personalities Jason Kennedy and Catt Sadler, will remain in their same roles.

Rancic had been at “E! News,” which airs in 160 countries, for the past decade.

1. majikrain65 says:

G was classy, maria lacks personality and appears to be quite phony. I stopped watching E cause all they talk about are the stupid kardashian clan.

2. G BLANCHARD says:

I DO NOT LIKE MARIE MENOUNOS AT E NEWS. PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO TAKE J.R. PLACE. CAN’T STAND TO WATCH E NEWS NOW. HOPE SHE IS GONE SOON.

3. Molly says:

Yeah! So glad this superficial women is going away. she us going away, a disgrace to professional women everywhere

• Erlinda says:

I don’t know what wrong with you, G is the best, E News will never be the same again, without her. She doesn’t just read the news, she has plenty of brilliant ideas; with whatever topic they talk about each day on the show, specially about celebrities; she shares them with the viewers, which made the show so interesting. It was full of fun and laughter, when G was there. Now, I will be missing all that, and that’s a lot to miss.

• david says:

Your commenting ability/spelling is an embarrassment to women everywhere. Guiliana has made this show into what it is over the past 10 years and Maria Menunos has all the charm/charisma as wet noodle. Guliana and Jason Kennedy had such real and natural chemistry and it is so missed already by regular viewers everywhere.

4. Grace Adeyemo says:

There can only be one GR and no one can ever fill her shoes simply the best.

5. This is honestly the first time I have ever written anything on social media about a celebrity or anything else…But I just am appalled at how utterly brutal and mean people can be,,,,Regarding Giuliana leaving E News, some of the comments are so brutal that I am embarrassed to admit that I am a part of a human race who could be so mean…Why in God’s name are people so cruel to a woman who has had cancer, not been able to have a baby… has scoliosis etc etc….Why so mean, people ? I don’t care if you don’t like her or not…I never really had much of an opinion on her one way or the other but to be so hateful just makes me almost feel like crying…I really do hope that she does not read this crap because I am quite sure that with all her other problems this would be very upsetting…. MEAN PEOPLE …

• Lynn says:

When it comes to unkind words regarding Giuliana Rancic I will only consider the source and express mine. Haters will Hate jst for the purpose of Hating!!! I love Giuliana. Her sense of humor, loyalty and empathy. Every show entertainment or otherwise can benefit from someone like her. She is a strong and real woman. She has been through so much in her young life. I will miss her on E News and unfortunately will not be watching it nearly as often as I had. Menounos laugh is beyond annoying and attempting to glam her up seems forced.
      Giuliana will do well in anything and everything she chooses to do. I am looking forward to watching her on Fashion Police and hope there will be mature yet lighthearted and knowledgeable people on it which are able to honestly critique their friends and acquaintances without reservation or hesitation. Kathy Griffin is too silly to be funny. She falls flat.Kelly was too immature and entitled. Joan Rivers cared for Giuliana I saw it in the way she looked at her and spoke to her. Fashion Police is an awsome concept and like the “View” may need re-working from time to time. It only has chance with Giuliana Rancic on it. K. Osbourne is where she needs to be…anywhere else. I will miss you on E News Giuliana and Thank you for you!!!! All the best. Lynn

6. Jonas says:

She was great on the show, but after ten years deserve a bit of a break.

7. Brandi says:

La versión tradicional ya se hizo gratuita y ya no está en desarrollo; se puede jugar en la propia web del juego.

8. Sanman says:

She deserves a break & some time to smell the roses.