Fox News Channel to Launch ‘Legends & Lies’ Docu-Series

Fox News Channel Launch 'Legends &

Fox News Channel will take a trip back in time over the course of 10 Sundays thanks to a new documentary series set to start in April that will examine the legends of historical Wild West heroes like Jesse James, David Crockett, Doc Holliday and Billy the Kid.

“Legends & Lies: Into The West” will debut Sunday, April 12, at 8 p.m. The series is exec produced by Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly.

Two original episodes will run back-to-back for the premiere week, with brand new episodes debuting every following Sunday. “Legends & Lies” will also be presented during additional weekend slots including Saturdays at 8 p.m. Eastern and on Sundays.

The documentary-style series is produced by Warm Springs Production, which is known for such programs as History’s “Mountain Men,” Animal Planet’s “American River Renegades” and HGTV’s “Log Cabin Living.”

The 21st Century Fox-owned cable outlet billed “Legends & Lies” as a program that will portray critical moments that led to renown for the central figure of each episode. The episodes will also present first-hand accounts from direct descendants and historians, along with archival photographs and special effects. Viewers can then decide, based on forensic evidence and analysis, whether each protagonist’s story is a legend or a lie.

1. I cannot locate this show for the new season and Directv cannot help me HELP

2. Sammie Gautreaux says:

Legends and Lies is a very good show, but something has to be done about the closed captioning!! The typing is horrible and distracts from the show. Please try to fix it

3. ekellerman says:

I just watched the episode on Billy the Kid and as very the entire show was filmed in Arizona. It’s called legends and lies, but was filmed in the wrong state. Nonsense.

4. thedude74 says:

I only watched the Doc Holliday episode and don’t suppose I will be watching any more. It wasn’t terrible, but it sure didn’t take the truth serious enough to be called Legends & Lies. This is purely infotainment for the non-discerning observer with only a passing interest that simply wants an entertaining way to take in vague history.

I was disappointed in Bill O’Reilly for what I saw here.

5. Bonnie Simpson Valko says:

I find it interesting that anyone born and raised on the East Coast would try to tell the world about the American West! In the first place I resent that you have called Jesse James a ruthless killer who killed
    women and children! This is so patently false. My grandfather knew Jesse and Frank James; they grew up not far from each other in Missouri.and were about the same age. My grandfather owned a ranch in California and Jesse and Frank used to visit from time to time. They liked to work as cowboys and did so for the famous
    Miller and Lux Ranch which covered a 100 thousand acres. The ranch always needed ranch hands and Jesse and Frank James worked on the ranch for some months. As to their character, they were
    according my grandfather so spoken and polite. Yes, they were outlaws, but they believed that the War Between the States had taken everything they had, so they were out to get some of what they had lost back by robbing trains and banks. This was so wrong, but it is how a lot of Southerners felt about what had happened to them and their families.

6. Jim bruemmer says:

Bill…interesting new series, but to stay true to your claim of authenticity, you should know that there are no saguaro cacti in Texas as shown in your opening scenes of Doc Holiday…..unless they ere imported from Arizona where they are unique. Sorry to “nit pick”, but check it out.

7. Steve says:

I do not get my history from Blowhard Bill. I’ll watch with an open mind but his bias is poured in concrete

8. Carol Sassman says:

I cannot wait. My husband and I have read all of his books and watched Killing Jesus. I have the book “Legends and Lies” on my wish list for my husband’s birthday in May. Thank you Bill O’Reilly.

9. Express News says:

Well written and good information, I’ve got nothing to add! I guess I will say that as this is an important aspect of many developing careers, we’re also all responsible for keeping an eye on how this affects the industry over time – especially with “free” becoming a more common price tag every day.

10. mimi schroeder says:

I love Doc Holliday! Can’t wait to see this!

11. Hughleen Malone says:

When will Fox News and Dish TV settle their differences so we can watch this?