Rachel Zoe Gets Fashion Talk Show at Lifetime

Fashionably Late with Rachel Zoe
Courtesy of Lifetime

A-list celebrity stylist and fashion designer Rachel Zoe is returning to television.

Variety has learned Lifetime has greenlit eight episodes of “Fashionably Late With Rachel Zoe,” a half-hour fashion talk show. The talker will debut Sept. 24, airing immediately after “Project Runway,” which runs 90 minutes this fall.

“Fashionably Late” will give viewers a weekly look at what’s hot and what’s not in fashion. Hosted by Zoe, who previously topped her own Bravo reality show, Lifetime’s show is set in her L.A. headquarters on Melrose Avenue. Joining Zoe, whose clients include A-listers such as Jennifer Lawrence, are Harper’s Bazaar editor-at-large Derek Blasberg, her husband Rodger Berman and a slew of her celebrity friends.

Zoe and Berman serve as exec producers on the project from Hudsun Media, along with Michael Rourke, Kay O’Connell, Lehrer, Donahue and Hillman.

Zoe’s show joins another new fashion series on the cable net’s slate: “Project Runway” kids’ spinoff, “Project Runway Junior,” which will be hosted by Tim Gunn and model Hannah Davis. Lifetime has also renewed “Project Runway All Stars” for Season 5, slated to bow early 2016, and Season 14 of the flagship “Project Runway” premieres on Aug. 6.

1. Kim says:

I wanted to love it,, but after watching 3 shows I was done. If I wanted to hear a bunch of Republican bashing I’d watch Rachel Maddow,, not Rachel Zoe.

2. Ivette says:

I was so looking forward to this show but it was a total disappointment. Rachel needs to go back to reality show.

3. Worst show I have ever seen. I liked her previous show but this talk show format is just not worth watching. I canceled my timer on this after two shows. I gave it a second chance but no more.

4. liz says:

Keep it fun and funny and stay off politics. I wish all shows would obey that rule. People watch these kinds of shows to relax and there is nothing relaxing about politics.

5. liz says:

I Really loved the show. I loved the games and her husband is charming and I felt he was right about her being over dressed for the grocery store and spikes should never be worn when a woman is pregnant. The safety of the baby first fashion second. It is unfortunate politics was brought into the show it destroyed it for me. If I want to watch politics I will change the channel and watch politics.

6. T Sears says:

This show is HORRIBLE!!! She cannot even speak a full sentence and just sits there like a statue. I thought something was wrong with her. Cannot watch this. REALLY disappointing, wish she would go back to being an intelligent, actual human.

• ellie dunn says:

I agree. The show is worthless. She shows pictures of actors and actresses on cardstock and the guests make judgement calls on the fashion. She does sit like a statue, and exudes no warmth at all. The show is a total waste of time. It is the worst show I’ve seen.

7. connie thornes says:

What a boring show! A couple of witchy girls and some dude being stupid. Thought this was going to be a fashion show, not just catty girls being witchy.

8. ruth stuart says:

kill me…so bad

9. E says:

I was excited to record the series. I already stopped it. Because she talks like this…Ok…can’t even…tell you. Ummm……the next segment is…on…dresses. But omg….ok….can’t even. Uhhh yeah….no. Ok….gonna say….no. That’s it….ok…yeah. (I canceled recording, what’s with the robot talk? Sorry, uhhh…can’t….make a full….sentence…without pausing.) Really?

10. Robin says:

Wow! I’m drool over the sharp purple here. And I love that black shirts with the turquoise avoid.i think t shirts are very nice gift for every event.Gift sweatshirt

11. Lee says:

You need to fact check. Rachel Zoe has not styled Jennifer Lawrence nor Sophia Vergera for months. They left her and now work with the styling team of Jill Lincoln and Jordan Johnson. Rachel continues to claim them as clients to benefit her business. She has no A-list clients anymore.