Elisabeth Hasselbeck To Step Down From ‘Fox & Friends’

Elisabeth Hasselbeck To Leave 'Fox &

Elisabeth Hasselbeck is set to step down from her role as one of the co-hosts of Fox News Channel’s morning program “Fox & Friends,” the cable-news outlet announced Monday.

Hasselbeck, who joined Fox News in 2013 after nearly a decade at ABC’s “The View,” is putting her TV career on hold to devote more time to raising her three children, the network said.

A rotating set of co-hosts will serve alongside Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade for the foreseeable future. Hasselbeck is expected to continue on air until late December.

“Elisabeth and I discussed this at length over several weeks, and while I would love for her to continue here, I respect her incredibly difficult, yet deeply personal decision,” said Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News Channel, in prepared remarks. “She has been a great addition to the Fox & Friends franchise.”

In a separate statement, Hasselbeck characterized her decision as based on the needs of her family.  “Oftentimes, the most difficult decisions are between two great things. Throughout my 14 years working in television, I have never experienced a more positive and thoughtful atmosphere than Fox News Channel, thanks to the strong leadership of  Roger Ailes, who has created the best working environment a woman and mother could ask for,” she said. “His understanding, compassion, and kindness was exemplified when I shared with him that I am entering into a season where I want to start my day with my children first, and he offered his blessing to do so. With a heart full of gratitude and the peace that God has given me, I am confident that this personal decision is the right one for our family, and we will be joining all of you watching ‘Fox & Friends’ each morning as we get ready for school together.”

1. Roger says:

She is a mother unlike those who love their careers more than their children. God bless her.

2. Susanna says:

She leaving is a blessing from God.
    She has some serious issues Like when she almost busted out laughing when she was interviewing an Hispanic woman With a broken accent.
    The camera did close ups of her face and there she was doing all she could to keep from laughing. Something very wrong with her.
    She is mentally ill obviously.
    Steve Doocy always a gentleman Brian Kilmeade always a gentleman.
    She didn’t fit in she has no class.
    So thank God and Fox she’s gone.

3. Jane Angel says:

I so enjoyed listening to fox and friends when Elizabeth Hassleback was on there 5 am news with Elizabeth made my day I will miss her but she’s right to want to spend time with her daughters she’s giving up a lot to do that and I love her for it God Bless you Elizabeth this is from an 80 year old Oklahoma woman

4. Steve Roberts says:

It only figures with the biggest liberal Keith Rupel Mudoch in bed with Barack insane Obama regime to release a news anchor (Elisabeth) that suppose to be a Neutral news origination. I’m done with Fox News for this stunt…

5. Elizabeth was over her head at Fox and Friends. There were days when I actually felt sorry for her clutching her IPad and staring into the camera. She must have been very uncomfortable and using the excuse that she wants to raise her three children came just at the right time. Good luck Elizabeth.

6. Dan says:

More women should stay home and raise their kids. However, with that said, she was obviously fired (contract not renewed). It’s almost two years since she started. That’s a typical contract length for a new host. Moreover, her “I’m staying home for the kids” excuse makes no sense. She’s off to work well before they start school, and by the time she gets off, she has plenty of time where she’s at home even before the kids get there. I know she’s trying to save face, and the network is helping her, but please don’t insult my intelligence.

7. Margaret Chovich says:

You will never regret your decision, there’s plenty of time when they’re grown and gone to go back to your career.

8. Teri says:

I hope you return after raising your children! Good for you to put them first but soooo sad for us to see you go! You will be missed!

9. mike says:

She was a great fit for that morning show

10. Liz says:

I am glad to see that she has made the decision to be a stay at home mom. All kids should have that but unfortunately our country doesn’t give women that option. In most families today both parents have to work. Your kids will have great memories of their mom being home with them getting them ready and off to school. Hats off to you for making the best choice for your family

11. Mona Way says:

I enjoy your input, you fit in sooooo good. I wish you the best in your decision and will miss you an awful lot.

12. Roger says:

It won’t be the same.

13. Pat says:

Going to miss you Elizabeth:)

14. Susie says:

Elizabeth you will truly be missed. I was sad when you left the view but since it was a sinking ship it was good to see you landed on higher ground at fox and while I respect your decision to put family first the selfish side of me is in mourning cuz know one can replace you. While it is with a heavy I wish you all the best and hope to see you back in some capacity as soon as God is willing🙏🏻

15. Gary Schwab says:

I can not fault her choice. She’s fortunate that she can make this choice.

16. Jim says:

God bless your decision and the courage to execute it. Maybe once a quarter you could co-host and let us know how it’s going.

17. Diane Chaney says:

What hateful comments were made about a good human being. No wonder there are so many problems in the world. We have plenty of hateful people right here in the good ole’ USA. We should all be sticking together in these frightening times.

18. lkfwoa94 says:

Congratulations on a decision well made! The career will still be there in a few years. You are very good at what you do. The kids need you at home now more than ever to help explain this crazy world we are living in! God bless you and the family!

19. Loyce Mason says:

Elizabeth, having lost a 29 year old daughter you will not regret taking time off for your family. They can never be replaced and these shows can be replaced . You can come back later when the kids don’t need you Ego has no place in child rearing. You are “good enough, smart enough , and gosh darn, people like you” to borrow a phrase from SNL!

20. Bob Herndon says:

A great loss for Fox but a wise & caring decision for her family. Everyone who enjoys Fox & Friends will miss her greatly!

21. Cynthia Kaczynski says:

hate to see you go. Fox news is screwing up lately. Make America Great Again! President Donald Trump!!!!

22. Roberta Alfaro says:

Ohhhh, I hate to see her go. She’s a compliment to the Fox Family. I wish her all the best God and life has to offer her.

23. Ed Doyle says:

Sorry to see her go , I always enjoy her interviews and is the anchor for those two guys Steve can’t kept his thoughts together he along with one of the worse partners Brian can’t keep there mouths shut while she or any other women is talking . If you call yourself fair and balance its not these two . I’ve fought for Fox News with family that are liberals but even I can’t defend them anymore get rid of them get your program back to the true fair and balance that my friend is what most of want! Will miss her , wish her true joy in this life .

24. She will be missed…I really liked her and her spunk…

25. Wayne says:

Class act. Best of luck to you and loved ones.

26. Kathleen (Schetter) Keefe says:

You will be sadly missed Elisabeth, I really enjoy my mornings with you and Steve and Brian !!! You will not regret your decision to spend these years with your children, because that time is over very quickly !!! Perhaps we will be blessed with your return in the future when these years with raising children are a happy memory !!! God Bless You !!!

27. Joanie says:

We will really miss you! You are so special. I agree though, kids need moms at home. God bless you and guide you. Love to you and your family.💝💐💐💐

28. Angela and Douglas hood says:

We will be sorry to see you go but deeply understand why you are leaving. We are big fans of fox and friends and of the entire fox network . We do not watch anything else. God be with you and your family stay safe

29. G. Lou Sims says:

Good for you. You won’t be sorry. Your children will be better adjusted than if you kept working. Good for hubby,too. God bless.

30. Pamela Lents says:

I admire you, Miss Elizabeth. No success is worth failure in the home and you can see your children need you, God bless.

31. Twyla says:

You have been a wonderful addition to Fox and Friends. My husband & I will really miss you and your wonderful personality. God Bless You and Your Family!!

32. jdt1505 says:

We wish you all the best in you decision, which doesn’t surprise us in the least. You’re a devoted mother and I know your children must be thrilled. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. :)

33. micflynn57 says:

Congratulations Elizabeth. I am sure you will never regret this decision. I am the mother of five children, and although I will retire with much less money than I would have had I worked during my children’s early years, I do not regret the fifteen years I dedicated to being home with them. I probably should have stayed home another ten years. Enjoy!

34. Dear Lord, please do NOT let them replace her with Kimberly Guilfoyle. I stopped watching The Five because I got sick of her fawning over the celebrities instead of covering news topics. I do not want to see her on in the mornings.

• Terese says:

My sentiments exactly…Please No Kimberly Guilfoyle. I also have stopped watching The Five. KG is too full of herself. Miss Andrea T, she would be good to replace Elisabeth. I will sadly miss Elisabeth Hasselbeck for sure, you were a wonderful addition to the morning show. Need someone very much like Elisabeth, kind, energetic, knowledgeable, interesting.

35. I’m sure she wont be returning to that trashy show “The View”…….It will be going off the Air soon….Ever since she left the view its going down hill……

36. Good for you Elisabeth!! Life is much too short, and we realize that now more than ever. God bless!

37. jima9426 says:

It’s too bad she gave her best “infotainment” years to The View. By the time she’s decided to return, her window in this genre will have closed.

38. BackAtTheView says:

Don’t they all say they are “leaving to concentrate on their family?” I’m sure we will see her back at The View. Barbara Walters isn’t happy with what is happening now at the View so I’m sure she is persuading Elisabeth to return as has Joy Behar and contributor Sherri Shepherd.

39. Catherine M. says:

Elizabeth you have been an inspiration for so many because of your commitment to truth. Thank you for what you brought to the morning Fox news.

40. Peggy Snodgrass says:

Good for you, Elisabeth! Life is short, family is all important, and you have had a blessed and stellar career already! We’ll be waiting when and if you are ready to comeback! Godspeed as you raise your sweet family! <3

41. Elizabeth, I’m going to miss you. I wish you could stay on, but I Know being a parent and working morning hours like you can be stressful to both you and your family. But please if and when things change for you and your family please come back to Fox & Friends. God Bless You and your family

42. Michi says:

Wishing Her nd family all the best…

43. Sallie Staton-Knott. Hendersonville NC says:

Such a class act! An intelligent, compassionate, thoughtful and elegant woman. Elizabeth will be missed, but I am sure her children miss HER more and it has been tough without her at home! God’s blessings on You, Elizabeth and your beautiful family. Come back often and perhaps permanently as your children grow up! Be WELL and at peace!

44. Flynn Ivan says:

Good grieve. Pass the salt, no more sugar.

45. pookysworld says:

I like Elizabeth and wish her good luck.

46. David Earley says:

Know it was a hard decision, but I applaud you for your decision. I will miss seeing you every morning, but I know your kids will be very happy to have you home. They need your leadership..Good Luck and thank you for being part of my day over the past couple of years.

47. Martha Priest says:

Elisabeth, we will miss you terribly but can understand your reasons why. I never regretted giving up my career as an RN to stay home and raise our children. If God has given you peace, that is all you need. God bless you and your family’s.

48. Ione Soyett says:

Good for you. I applaud you.

49. Mike Moore says:

That’s too bad, but family must come first!!! Kudos to her for keeping things into perspective!!