‘Descendants’ Sequel in the Works at Disney Channel

Descendants 2
Courtesy of Disney Channel

After the spellbinding success of the first iteration, Disney Channel has announced it is planning to make a second “Descendants” movie.

“By almost every measure — domestically and globally — ‘Descendants’ has already become one of the biggest entertainment properties of the year and we’re eager to delve deeper into the unfolding mythology of Auradon and Isle of the Lost,” said Gary Marsh, president and CCO of Disney Channels Worldwide. “This kind of compelling, innovative storytelling, alongside our animated ‘Descendants: Wicked World’ shorts and unique transmedia campaign, continues to lay the groundwork for multiple franchise opportunities across virtually every line of business at the Walt Disney Company.”

The first “Descendants” movie starred Dove Cameron, Booboo Stewart, Cameron Boyce and Sofia Carson and was directed by TV musical wiz Kenny Ortega. Premiering on July 31, the movie about the scions of famous fairy tale villains was a ratings hit and became cable television’s fifth highest-rated movie of all time. Disney had released the film a few days early via the WATCH Disney Channel app — a move that paid off, as “Descendants” has since posted 3.3 million video views there, breaking viewing records for the app.

The sequel is currently titled “Descendants 2” and a premiere date has not been set.

Disney has again partnered with author Melissa de la Cruz, who wrote a prequel novel for the film, on another book in the series. “Return to the Isle of the Lost” will be released in May 2016.

1. Very nice article. I definiutely appreciate this website. Continue the
    good work! http://mocarny.eu/dive1

2. Carli watson says:

Hi my name is Carli Watson and I was going to audition for the movie but my mom and I don’t know we’re the adutions are so if u could let us know where u get aficionados done would help a lot thank you!

3. I love descendance so much I can’t wait to see the next one my mom watched the first one with me and she loved it I cant wait to tell her that the second one is comeing and she will be so happy my fav person is mal love you so much mal 😘😘😘😘💖💖

4. Donovan says:

Hi I’m Donovan I’m twelve andI sing I dance and I can act so please contact me if you want to talk to me about descendants 2 plusI play a good Queen of Hearts son his name would be Hanley and his twin Hollie so please let me know if there’s any auditions open please I’m not jokingjoking !:(

5. Amiya says:

My daughter loves descendants so much I swear watched it a thousands times and she could not be more happy to be in the second movie

6. Ivy Russell says:

How do you get in the movie?

7. Jason says:

Waay cοol! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writingg this write-up and the rest of the website
    is extremely goօd.

8. Hi mal its jordon what be on you show call me

9. adrieanna says:

It would be cool if Ben and Mal were a couple

10. Lyne Maheu says:

It would be cool if Evie and Snow white meet each other . Ans thé daughter/son of Elsa had powers too .

11. Jessica Limon says:

Does anybody know when the auditions are for this. It would be an honor and privilege to work for disney and i would love to be part of such an awesome film.

12. Savannah Bell says:

What if the story ws set a couple years later and every year 4 new villains are brought over. This years group includes Ursula’s daughter who has the power to control people with her voice, Gaston’s Twins (Boy and Girl) who are both strong (Obviously) and The Queen of Hearts daughter, she can bring out a persons deepest desires. they try to to be good to destroy anything connecting them to their parents. Shortly after these villain’s arrive people begin to go missing and some are acting strange.

13. Raine Lovett says:

I can’t wait. I’m so excited.

14. Ashley Lynn Congram* says:

I would love to see the Shadow Man from the Princess and the Frog movie and he is a very good villain and I want to see him in Decemdents 2!!

15. I think that Descendants 2 will have princess tiana’s daughter. Also Alex from alex and the wonderland. Mr. Federic’s daughter of him. The jeanie’s daughter. From Alladin the movie. I found some of this stuff out from the cartoon of descendants. But the whole Tiana’s daughter/son thing well… I came up with that because she’s a disney character. Maybe Ariel with a son/daughter. All villians and all not villians but maybe not all. They might make a Descendants 3 afyer they make a Descendants 2. That’s my thoughts. What are yours.

16. Jasmin says:

I hope it’s about the big bad wolf having a daughter

17. N'dia says:

Hello , if at all possible I’d like to get my idea for Descendants 2 out to Melissa De La Cruz. So what I was wondering and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only one wondering “Who are there Father’s?” And for Boo Boo Stewart Mother. I think that if she includes there Fathers (& Mother) it would make the story more interesting and better than the first and it will keep whoever’s watching want to watch more. And like I always say the Climax of the story should always leave you surprised!☺

18. sarai says:

hi my name is sarai garcia i like to play soccer and i like to run and i like the color blue can

19. Brayden Hines says:

Hey I am a 13 year old boy and I would love to play the child of a Disney villain especially captain hook or hades. I am perfectly suited to be an actor I can sing dance and am incredibly smart an lean things fast

20. Bulza says:

Hello I’m 13 and I’ve been dreamming to be a Disney Channel actor i love to play at the “Descendants 2” I cam sing,denc and aktroje si help me pleas

21. Dante Taylor says:

I am dying for a role in the desendants sequel because I am talented I can sing and dance and I’m always up for a challenge

22. Meldha Janse says:

I can sing dance i am clever i love decendants i have wayched it like 20 times everage i even know the words i would be the greatest to star in this next decedants and i will not just try my best i will do my best and iam a great fan of dove cameron so please i’ll be waiting for your email don’t make a mistake and not email me iam the best of the best ……☆

23. Please give me a chance to act or dancing in descendents2 i have a lot inspiration pleas im the puerto rico language Spanish/English. I live with my mom an we are disney channel fans and ple giveme a chance im good dancing and actress thank you im responsible

24. yinaris says:

Im good dancing i love sing talent show and more actress

25. Mackenzie Scott says:

My name is Mackenzie and I love acting and singing since I was six. I would say I haven’t saw descendents but that would be a lie. But I’m not a liar so I would tell you I watched it over 3 times. Pick me and I will try my best not to dissapoint you please email. I PROMISE you NO MISTAKE is MADE!!!!!!!!!!

26. Vincentia Snow says:

Man, I would love to be in the second Descendants. I have always wanted to be an actress. I live in Washington state, but would be willin to move and I have never gotten in trouble.

27. Naiome Campos says:

I would love to be in the next descendants. I love to sing, act and I can memorize lines really well. I am 11 years old and have straight brown hair. I am hispanic and I live in East Chicago. I would do anything to be in disney descendents 2 I loved the first one so much.

28. Emilee says:

I would love to be in the 2nd Descendants movie… I Love the first one. This would be an amazing opportunity for me…. Please email me!!!

29. Phionix says:

Shawn Mendes as Captain Hook’s son, Shawn Mendes as Captain Hook’s son, Shawn Mendes as Captain Hook’s son,,,,

30. Jordoncarlson says:

I wood love to be on show it s cool I. Like your cd but what that for tv if can do that for me plase and think you

31. Tyler Weekly says:

I would love to get know the hollywood stars someday I am connected to a broadway actress who knows Selena Gomez personally and she is best friends to all disney channel stars

• Can you guy put me on your show i what be good Disney stars

• Pixie Star says:

Hi, my name is Pixie and I am 16. I would love to be in Descendants 2 because I have a big crush on Mitchell Hope who plays Prince Ben and I would love to meet my favorite actress, Dove Cameron. I love to dance, act and sing different songs. Please contact me soon!! I look forward to meeting the cast of Descendants and being a Disney Villain’s daughter.