Funny Or Die Behind Dennis Quaid Freak-Out Video

dennis quaid rant
Image courtesy of Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images

On Tuesday, the Internet was alerted to a video of actor Dennis Quaid supposedly having a meltdown on set. But was it real? Variety staffers had their doubts

Turns out those who were skeptical were right on the money, as comedy website Funny or Die has now admitted to being behind the viral video. The site has now released an updated video, which we’ve pasted here.

Did you fall for this latest Internet hoax? Do you think Funny or Die’s joke was funny? Sound off in the comments.

1. The One says:

This was hilarious! Dennis Quaid nailed it. I just can’t believe that news outlets can be so gullible. If they were in on it, then well played.

2. Pepe Le Pew says:

I couldn’t stop laughing! Dennis Quaid was so funny! He’s one of my favorite actors anyways, and he made this video sound so convincing. I loved the “I have a bunch of pussies staring at me!” and then the little kitten runs out and meows. OMG! I didn’t see the original one so I already knew it was a hoax.
    Thank you for the laughs, I enjoyed this. I wish there was a way to tell whoever made the video how much it really does for some of us. I’m disabled and have been sick for awhile now. I really needed this laugh. Dennis Quaid was perfect! Thank you!

3. Sandy Daly says:

lmao, this better be the script. its hysterical. Cant wait to see it. You go Dennis Quaid

4. Sean Kennedy says:

Quaid, is probably the worst wooden actor in the world!1His brother is a great actor.. Quaid is arrogant and doesn’t care for anyone but himself..The ONLY reason for his so called prank is to get attention.

5. I had hoped it was real, but the cell phone basically held right up to his face – as he continued – was more than a giveaway.

6. mikeam1978 says:

I could tell it was fake. First off, Quaid as never had a reputation for being like that on set. Second, his words felt too . . . rehearsed. They were perfectly spoken and delivered, which isn’t the case when somebody is ranting and raving off the top of their head.

7. Spider says: