Chris Harrison to Replace Terry Crews on ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’

Chris Harrison Unreal
Courtesy of ABC

There’s just not enough hours in the day to be Terry Crews. Disney/ABC TV has tapped “The Bachelor’s” Chris Harrison to replace Crews as host of its syndicated gameshow “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” next season.

Crews took the helm of “Millionaire” from previous host Cedric the Entertainer last fall. In announcing the host shift, Disney/ABC said the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star was unable to continue with the show “due to his successful and demanding film and primetime TV projects.”

Harrison has hosted “Bachelor” for 19 cycles on ABC, as well as “The Bachelorette” and “Bachelor Pad” spinoffs and numerous specials for ABC.

“There are few shows on television as strong and iconic as ‘Millionaire,’” said Harrison.  “This is a great fit and I’m extremely excited and honored to take on this new endeavor.”

“Millionaire” is heading into its 14th season in syndication this fall.

1. Joan says:

I liked Terry Crews he made the show more exciting. I watched every day. NOT happy about you Chris Harrison taking over for him. Bring Terry Crews back.

2. Now that Terry’s gone the show has suffered tremendously. So boring. No exciting energy. This new guy is as boring as it gets. I tried watching one show with the new host, and I had to turn it off. Terrible!

3. Michael says:

I think Chris Harrison is a perfect fit for Millionaire. His style is more warm and welcoming to contestants. He is not loud and obnoxiously self promoting,a real breath of fresh air.
    Congratulations Millionaire producers for a decision well made. I hope Chris remains host a long time..

4. Yaya says:

Chris is nice but Terry was great!! His energy was infectious and was another reason to watch and enjoy the show. Please bring Terry back 😅

5. Brenda Paul-brown says:

Chris is a condescending ads a good choice for the show. I watch every day and already stopped watching since he joined the show.

6. Jo H. says:

Finally a host that speaks clearly, doesn’t scream and yell like a wild idiot and his suits actually fit him! Great change!

7. bobby john says:

Terry Crews’ joy and energy brought me back to this show, and now that he is gone I’m leaving too. I hope all of you stale old farts are happy.

8. Thank-you for making me feel calm. I used to get anxiety from Terry always yelling. I love this show again

9. robert velasco says:

we’re back to watching wwtbam without all that yelling thx!!

10. Dee Cochrane says:

Chris Harrison is far more soft-spoken thanTerry Crews. However, Chris spends too much time talking with the contestants and/or letting them rationalize the answer. Oust the socializing and get on with the game, too boring.

11. George Root says:

Someone should tell him to use his inside voice, he is not at a sporting event!!!! Hate all the yelling.

12. sally joy says:

Thank God Terry Crews is leaving. Between his loud annoying comments
    and his ugly clothes that don’t fit I have turned Millionaire off many times as I couldn’t stomach this clown.

13. anne fuhrman says:

good,i do not like terry cruz.Maybe he will have time to buy clothes that are not too small for him !!!

14. Ngozi Black says:

Will NOT watch Millionaire w/o Terry Cruz. He is the BEST ever.

15. Croq says:

Thank goodness. Terry Crews’ presentation style has turned me off so much I have stopped watching this season.